Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

7 hours ago, LaptopSaint said:

For those of us who have actual lives to lead, if anyone can give a three line summary of what’s happened today it would be greatly appreciated. 

I got this.

everyone we are potentially signing is underwhelming/ shit / disabled.

everyone we are potentially letting go is the next Haaland / Messi / Pepe. Except for the ones who are actually good who are redefined in the terms used for anyone we are potentially signing.

• Haha 2

My biggest worry is our CF deficit continues. 

The worst case scenario of Adams, Mara and Ballard going and just Stewart coming in is grim indeed.

If Che somehow stays, great. I’d even take Mara staying at a pinch.

But I’m probably being too pessimistic. I assume Ings on loan is fantasy? (Or could we get him for a % of his wages if he is surplus to requirements?)

2 minutes ago, SaintBobby said:

My biggest worry is our CF deficit continues. 

The worst case scenario of Adams, Mara and Ballard going and just Stewart coming in is grim indeed.

If Che somehow stays, great. I’d even take Mara staying at a pinch.

But I’m probably being too pessimistic. I assume Ings on loan is fantasy? (Or could we get him for a % of his wages if he is surplus to requirements?)

Be serious. I could maybe see a scenario where Mara goes and then we don't manage to replace him but there's zero chance we let Dpm Ballard go on loan unless we are certain we are going to get someone in to replace him in the squad. 

2 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Be serious. I could maybe see a scenario where Mara goes and then we don't manage to replace him but there's zero chance we let Dpm Ballard go on loan unless we are certain we are going to get someone in to replace him in the squad. 

If the speculation around Ballard and Mara is right, I agree that indicates we have other targets. But obviously we need to be sure of the incomings before allowing a swathe of outgoings.

I’d say we are going to look great in every slot apart from perhaps CF. Get that right and I’m a lot more optimistic about promotion.

If we let Adams, Mara and Ballard go, then I’m certain (unless there is a complete fuck up) we’ll bring in Stewart plus another. Could even see 3 in. 

Maybe club thinks Armstrong or Alcaraz can do a job there, Charly has been pretty ineffective so far as a midfielder. 

If Kamaldeen stays (which I don’t think will happen) he can also play through the middle.

Surely tall Paul leaves….surely….please…

16 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Agreed I think but it does concern me we will again leave that area of pitch short of cover. We ideally need someone who can play whilst Stewart gets fully fit.

I think it’s been a good window so far, but a big day ahead so lots can happen.

My big fear is that it goes wrong in the same way each of the previous 4 windows went wrong - we don’t sign a striker who is good enough. Even more concerning if we lose Adams, of course.

Aside from that, keen to see which of the not good enough ability or attitude we shift: McCarthy, ABK, Aribo, Djenepo, Sulemana, Onuachu, Mara. Maybe Jan. 
Over Land and Sea will hopefully be busy this evening!!

9 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

🛎️

I said I didn’t see him leaving, I thought he would stick around. He didn’t, we sold him, he left, I was incorrect. Move on.
Is there really a basis for bringing up someone’s opinion over and over again?🤣

I remember when you kept bringing up your own opinions when you thought he was staying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Strange that Sky Germany reported Dortmund had offered a €6.8m loan fee. Then someone reported we wanted €8m and now it's tumbled to €3.5m. 

There is some bollocks being written on this deal.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Bayern back in for Chalobah supposedly

When I read a report that a club is out, prior to the window closing, I usually just ignore it. It's probably just the normal ebb and flow of a negotiation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

Strange that Sky Germany reported Dortmund had offered a €6.8m loan fee. Then someone reported we wanted €8m and now it's tumbled to €3.5m. 

There is some bollocks being written on this deal.

Absolutely - a swing from 8m to 3.5m is humiliating to say the least. There must be something very unappealing about ABK for him to find himself without a deal on the last day of the window.

20 minutes ago, eurosaint said:

That's me off to play golf and won't be home until around 6pm  !

It'll save me a lot of heartache looking at this site but bring on a positive outcome on all fronts 😇

Do you play off 130 or something? 9 hours to do a round?!

• Haha 2