Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

3 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Ah I thought this might happen as he's probably too good to sit on the bench this season in the Championship. Meghoma seems to be highly rated (played in the cup game and pre-season) so I assume he'll be the back up until Larios is back?

Of course we still have KWP that can play on the left... 😁🫣🙏

Manning, Larios then Meghoma is good depth at this level 👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ally_uk said:

I liked the look at that Armstrong lad at QPR  Okay not the tallest but strength and tenacity looked good. 

He has one goal in professional football. I think even Dan N'Lundulu can beat that.

Hopefully our recruitment team casts a wider net than simply the last person they remember seeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Same height as those famously useless fullbacks Phillip Lahm and Jordi Alba.

Walker-Peters is a whole inch taller. 

Let’s be honest. He’s been schooled at Barcelona and Man City so probably Is a very good footballer, but when he played for us last season looked like an under 16 playing in a mans game. He has a lot of work to do physically before he’s ready for the real world of mans football. He might go onto be a world class left back but from what we saw last season that’s a long long way away. Back up to Manning is possibly about right as things stand 

Edited by Turkish

5 hours ago, LeG said:

Wouldn't be suprised if Oscar Bobb is on our radar to replace Tella. V highly rated, known to Wilcox, making the City bench but not getting any game time. One to watch i think.

Greetings! Are you the original LeG (who used to have contact(s) in the academy/U21s) or a brand new LeG? :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

The Perraud who makes one run then spends next 20 mins blowing out of his arse? One of the most unfit players have ever seen.

Did anyone who went to the open training session at SMS notice how slow Perraud was when the players had to sprint half the length of the pitch? He then did another length by himself. Maybe punishment 😬

• Like 2

Heard from an impeccable source that money is an issue right now. Why that should be with all the incomings I have no idea but don’t expect any big money signings this week. Don’t shoot the messenger just passing on some info that came my way. 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Long Shot said:

Heard from an impeccable source that money is an issue right now. Why that should be with all the incomings I have no idea but don’t expect any big money signings this week. Don’t shoot the messenger just passing on some info that came my way. 

This is the complete opposite to NOT needing to sell, let alone for financial reasons, and being one of the richest clubs ever to grace the Championship...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Long Shot said:

I had similar info from my source who goes under the user name Simply Red (and white) he believes money is too tight to mention. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

21 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Saw Bobb mentioned earlier and there could be something in it given Doku signed for city last week, 1 more person ahead of him.

Doesn’t he tend to play more centrally though? Also seems very lightweight, not sure I would want him and Sam AA  as the options on the right. Personally like the idea of Patrick Roberts more.

17 minutes ago, Long Shot said:

If true possibly explains why we missed out on Piroe. Hope any signing this week aren't the Poundland versions.  Also blows out of the water the theories from some that we are keeping a war chest to spend next summer if we get promoted. Sounds like Dragan has decided to recoup some of the millions wasted - can't really blame him.

Edited by saintant
  • Like 2

I think there was a point earlier in the window when money was an worry for the club, hence why we all of a sudden accepted much lower offers for JWP & Tino than we originally demanded.  I'd be amazed if it's still an issue now, but we can only speculate so it could be true

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Barsiem said:

I think there was a point earlier in the window when money was an worry for the club, hence why we all of a sudden accepted much lower offers for JWP & Tino than we originally demanded.  I'd be amazed if it's still an issue now, but we can only speculate so it could be true

If true, ties in with @Pilchards when he said literally everyone is for sale.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Perraud has wanted out since the end of last season, its why we bought Manning.. its just taken se time to shift him

Shame about McAtee, but Im not hugely surprised he’s staying in the prem

Reality of relegation hitting home when we are losing out on players to Sheffield United, who are reportedly in financial ruin. They are likely to go down this season but still are a PL shop window.

Both McAtee and Archer were seemingly top targets for us. Another case of setting our targets too high perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Long Shot said:

So Darren 'Air Miles' Mowbray has been sent on a wild goose chase then 🙂

Edited by saintant
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Reality of relegation hitting home when we are losing out on players to Sheffield United, who are reportedly in financial ruin. They are likely to go down this season but still are a PL shop window.

Both McAtee and Archer were seemingly top targets for us. Another case of setting our targets too high perhaps?

Not sure how much of a top target Archer is, but unfortunately regardless of whether we’re a better long term option the prem is always going to have an appeal

McAtee is going to be a loan, so literally has no real risk for him

Archer a bit more risk, but if he has any sense he’ll probably have negotiated some form of release 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long Shot said:

Money has never not been an issue for all but the richest clubs and I wasn’t expecting any big money signings at all. We’re in the Championship, £15m is ‘big money’ here.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Long Shot said:

Heard from an impeccable source that money is an issue right now.

Will money be more or less of an issue at the end of the season, compared to right now, if we don't promoted...? #leadingquestion #conundrum

Edited by trousers

2 hours ago, John B said:

But how good is he compared to Hollywood Dennis Peach or Holmes

Holmes is best. 🙂

Too early to say on Manning. There's been a mix so far, some of which due to the system we play and inexperience ahead of him/ the team still getting to develop.

I did like Perraud from the outset. But some of that is based entirely on attitude, as much as talent.

Just now, trousers said:

Will money be more or less of an issue at the end of the season, compared to right now, if we don't promoted...?

I would imagine, as a couple on here have said time and time again.. it becomes more of an issue at the end of the season IF we don’t get promoted but our prudence will mean we won’t be as desperate