Arsenal 3-3 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

7 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Out of interest, my ticket for this game was £27 instead of the normal £30. Anyone know why it's cheaper?

The club are compensating fans for inflicting such shit on them but £3 is all they think it's worth! 

• Haha 3

ok bro's am confused, do i go with my stupid optimistic pick of us scoring goals with a 2-0 or do i start eating the shit sandwich southampton fc have been feeding me this season and say 5-0 arsenal.

I think my best course of action maybe is to think we are playing on saturday and miss the game and see the result in the morning.

1 hour ago, alehouseboys said:

Ain't that just what Arsenal charge all aways?

Away tickets are 'capped at £30, but Arsenal have Cat A, B, C, games, for A and B lower tier home end tickets are a lot more but away is limited to £30. As we're a Cat C game home end corners are £27 so we benefit from paying that as well 

2 hours ago, JRM said:

I think Selles is more deluded than Jones 

Biggest issue is, the players are shit. We did ok in the first half, we had a few decent chances and should have taken the lead. But as soon as they scored, our players gave up. 

Let’s be honest, Selles is only the manager because they can’t afford to pay a new manager compensation if they had to sack him this summer too. I dread to think how much money they’re paying / paid Ralph and Jomes, but at least Ralph was worth it. 

11 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

ok bro's am confused, do i go with my stupid optimistic pick of us scoring goals with a 2-0 or do i start eating the shit sandwich southampton fc have been feeding me this season and say 5-0 arsenal.

I think my best course of action maybe is to think we are playing on saturday and miss the game and see the result in the morning.

and what about the second half ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JRM said:

Away tickets are 'capped at £30, but Arsenal have Cat A, B, C, games, for A and B lower tier home end tickets are a lot more but away is limited to £30. As we're a Cat C game home end corners are £27 so we benefit from paying that as well 

Fair enough. Good on them to offer cheap tickets like that tbh.

Have no expectations tonight but just hope we can show something. 

I planned on coming back to UK for Bournemouth game after some small signs of life many weeks back and got excited about getting back for a match. Then the fixture is changed and we start to show no signs of life so instead of a six-pointer v Bournemouth at home find myself going to Arsenal away hoping to avoid a cricket score... 

I think most fans can accept being rubbish and getting relegated if we provided some entertainment or fight. But the worst thing for me is that we create almost no chances on goal and just don't take the initiative. If we could at least look dangerous and show attacking intent and have a mindset to just try and score some goals it wouldn't be so bad. But now are poor and passive. 

Maybe some of the players will get inspired about playing at the Emirates and give us something positive to take-away from the game...

• Like 4

None of this slow start malarkey please Selles - start with our strongest attack and actually carry a threat. Would be beyond naive to think arsenal won't score if we just stand off them, pass the ball amongst ourselves, and let them chose their attacks at will.

Taul paul as the target man. 

Sulemana and then Edozie/Djenpo as wingers.

Alcaraz playing as the supporting central attacking midfield.

JWP and Lavia as the Central mids, one anchoring, one supporting. Have JWP dropping off the right wing to whip in crosses for Paul. Also, the tricky wingers should either win us territory or fouls - Or both.

Never understand why Selles uses most of the above as impact players, but introduces them in a disjointed fashion with little time to play effectively together.

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, ScandiSaint said:

Question as an away fan - do we have to get to the ground earlier? Haven't been to away since 2019 and remember mixed rules/procedures. 

There's no requirement to get there early, they are usually quite slow searching fans at Arsenal by away bit but never seems to take more than 5-10 mins 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hatch said:

and what about the second half ?

Second half will be 0-0. 

Half time they’ll bring on the *kit man, a couple of youth players and any players returning from injuries. 

We’ll comfortably pass it around in our half, not once getting over the halfway line. 

Selles will say the second half showing gives promise for the remaining games as he’s not worried about the league table now after that gutsy and commanding second half. 

*The kit man is on to distribute tracksuits to keep the players warm and prevent muscle injuries. 

5 hours ago, disconnect said:

Remember the rumours of Arsenal wanting to sign Elyounoussi? Might be his night to shine...! 

They can have him for nothing as they need a handicap, just get him off the wage bill 

18 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Maybe don't go looking for the result. Let it find you on its own.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Selles saying we will press them high, like we have been doing to every team lately...

He is on acid

That's not the worst state to be watching Saints in right now.

Edited by coalman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

This might not be a bad time to be playing them. Keep it tight and get in their faces. They aren't the most disciplined team when under pressure. We absolutely have to take any chances that come our way.

Ah, there's the problem..................................

34 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

I'm in the mood for a win. 

Let's do this. 

Last minute winner, Tall Paul volley from edge of the box, hits underside of the cross bar and in, away end goes mad , Tall Paul jumps in with fans. Arsenal leave the pitch to sound of boos ringing in their ears as home fans react to shock result. 

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Arsenal 3-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic