Arsenal 3-3 Saints - Match Thread

Pilchards

12 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

but there’s being shit and there’s picking a team of players who don’t deserve it or were frozen out for not being good enough, but fuck it let’s bring them back. why? cus

Totally agree.

A few of that team have no business being on the pitch tonight (or ever again) for us.

• Like 3

For me Selles over thinks and try’s to be too  tactical, rather than just playing his best 11 players. 

It’s clear he’s playing AA for his pace on the counter tonight and Moi for his defensive ability, but the key part is that they’re absolutely fucking shite. 

• Like 5

I should rise above this, I should know better. I was irritable and very on edge before the West Ham game, City blighted my otherwise lovely Easter weekend, Palace ruined last weekend. Yet here I am again, irritable and agitated in anticipation of another night of misery. All this after following this team since the late 70s.

Anyone else who should know better get this way?

• Like 1

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Am I the only one who thinks Salisu and Adams careers are over?

He just states they’re “unavailable” but he also in that same press conference talked about commitment and fighting for the shirt.

Just something worth thinking about.

No, I think they are gawn, suggested of Adams a few weeks ago, he’s wanted out the last two windows.

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I should rise above this, I should know better. I was irritable and very on edge before the West Ham game, City blighted my otherwise lovely Easter weekend, Palace ruined last weekend. Yet here I am again, irritable and agitated in anticipation of another night of misery. All this after following this team since the late 70s.

Yep , all the time.  Only difference between you and me is I've suffered since mid 60s. 😐

Edited by 64saint
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I told myself and anyone who wants to listen that I am not going to be watching. However, I know full well at 7.59pm I will turn the TV on. 

• Like 1

Don't think I'm watching the game tonight.

Because it takes a little effort to finish this beer, get back to the hotel and sort out the WiFi and the hookey steam.

And that's more effort than Selles has put in. And probably more than the team will.

Prove me wrong. Go on.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Am I the only one who thinks Salisu and Adams careers are over?

He just states they’re “unavailable” but he also in that same press conference talked about commitment and fighting for the shirt.

Just something worth thinking about.

I think they’ve both downed tools. And are therefore utter cunts. This team is possibly bedding  in the Championship line up. But even Selles has no motivation as he knows he’s not getting the job. JWP not motivated as he’s clearly off to Spurs. So he’s left to pick the shot that are staying put. Plus Lavia who is heartbreakingly good and spirited. Hate this club at the moment

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, aintforever said:

I refuse to believe that. If anyone owes the club a performance it’s that shit, stealing a living cunt.

I think the modern players have a very different set of values to you and I, and players from previous generations.

So that's three nothing players, Elyounoussi, Walcott and armstrong. Powder puff defenders, press my eye. Press and close down, don't make me laugh. As for scoring:mcinnes:

Selles is just an overqualified coaching idiot and the universities are full of similar unemployable people on berry picking and needlework degrees.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

I've been following them, I now avoid the word supporting, since 1958.

I gave up in 2021 under the reign of Stuart Gray.

Seeing our line up tonight does allow me the chance to laugh my balls off.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BotleySaint said:

All you can do is laugh at that lineup really. New signings all left on the bench. What was the point? Ah... 

This. The club is so badly run it is funny. All that money spunked in January has just made our situation worse.

• Like 2

Well, at least Armstrong is due a goal... Not sure why Sulemana is suddenly dropped when he's been one of the only ones who looks like he could make something out of nothing (and Djenepo not even making the bench now). Mara also dropped off the bench? Feel like this is one of those lineups that looks awful but hopefully isnt...!

19 minutes ago, Dman said:

For me Selles over thinks and try’s to be too  tactical, rather than just playing his best 11 players. 

It’s clear he’s playing AA for his pace on the counter tonight and Moi for his defensive ability, but the key part is that they’re absolutely fucking shite. 

Two absolutely abysmal players I wouldn't have either in a championship side let alone premier league 

• Like 1

The press and media coverage is a joke too. Suggesting this is a crucial game at both ends. Does anyone actually think today makes any difference to us? We're gone. Might as well just focus on their Arsenal love in. 

Edited by BotleySaint

3 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

The press and media coverage is a joke too. Suggesting this is a crucial game at both ends. Does anyone actually think today makes any difference to us? We're gone. Might as well just focus on their Arsenal love in. 

a win would put us 1 point off 17th… 😎

• Haha 2

Another night of watching turgid, tried and failed players who have let us down for fucking ages. Why can't we just see some more of the new players even if they turn out to be  shite.. Can't be any worse surely 

1 minute ago, Tanlee said:

Another night of watching turgid, tried and failed players who have let us down for fucking ages. Why can't we just see some more of the new players even if they turn out to be  shite.. Can't be any worse surely 

Best league in the world!!

• Lighthouse changed the title to Arsenal 3-3 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic