Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

If he was going to be replaced it should’ve been in January where we clearly needed a leader with experience in goal. The club chose not to.

Yea, he wasn’t great last season but then again no one was. A ninety-year old could’ve walked through that defence and midfield last season.

This season so far he has looked excellent when playing the ball out and looks confident. None of the goals we’ve conceded have been his fault so far this season, nor was there much he could’ve done to keep them out.

RM has given his backing.

Time for everyone else to do the same. My concern is if he gets injured and the turnstile remains as his number two.

This entire topic has been flogged to death now. 😂

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

“Class” , as in doing what I’d expect every single keeper at this level to do. 

Maybe class compared to what we are used to seeing from last season. 

Whatever you think of him, you can't have any complaints about his performances so far this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Because it's easier to keep track of it that way than trying to look it up halfway through the season. 

It’s no though is it. You can look it up at any point. You’re just posting it as some weird way to knock Bazunu when he hasn’t done anything wrong. Weird support.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Because it's easier to keep track of it that way than trying to look it up halfway through the season. 

The only goal he conceded today was from a winger losing his man and putting in an uncontested cross, which was slammed in from 8 yards by another man who lost his marker. The fact that you would then update us all with that statistic just shows how much bullsh*t it (and that nonsense about being the worst ever keeper in the Premier League) really is for assessing a players performance.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

It’s no though is it. You can look it up at any point. You’re just posting it as some weird way to knock Bazunu when he hasn’t done anything wrong. Weird support.

You might be able to, but I wouldn't know where to look. So it's easier to take 5 seconds to update my previous tally.

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Sometimes there are shots that keepers "can't do anything about" and they somehow manage to keep it out anyway. He never has. 

That’s nonsense. If they “can’t do anything about” a shot then by definition they won’t manage to keep it out.

Give up with your ridiculous vendetta, will you, and take your ‘shots on target’ idiocy with you.

16 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

One game where he did nothing doesn't mean he isn't shit anymore.

So you’re admitting your posting that stat to try and prove how shit he is then? Even though he’s done nowt wrong this season.

Edited by ErwinK1961

18 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

So you’re admitting your posting that stat to try and prove how shit he is then? Even though he’s done nowt wrong this season.

Er, yes. I am of the opinion based on the evidence of my eyes and the stats that he is shit. 

He's done nowt wrong this season so far but has got lucky a couple of times with referee calls helping him out. He was nowhere near the ball when the Plymouth player went through today and if he hadnt decided to dive would have been around him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

Er, yes. I am of the opinion based on the evidence of my eyes and the stats that he is shit. 

He's done nowt wrong this season so far but has got lucky a couple of times with referee calls helping him out. He was nowhere near the ball when the Plymouth player went through today and if he hadnt decided to dive would have been around him. 

So your criticism of him today is that he might have conceded from a 1 on 1 with a player who was unmarked, but he didn’t?

Have any other keepers ever conceded from a striker 1v1, through on goal? Buffon perhaps or Lev Yashin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

So you’re posting a stat, that has zero relevance to his performance this season, to justify your opinion? Mare.

“If he hadn’t decided to dive, would have been around him” - imagine a goalkeeper diving, how bizarre.

You’re trying to find problems which aren’t there right now. No doubt you’ll get your opportunity at various points this season to hammer your point home, but right now he’s done nothing wrong so get behind him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

It’s time you came to learn that what you call ‘stats’ are not evidence. They are random numbers. If you think there is some meaning or significance in them then I predict a stellar career for you in reading tea leaves. Bird entrails even.

7 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

So you’re posting a stat, that has zero relevance to his performance this season, to justify your opinion? Mare.

“If he hadn’t decided to dive, would have been around him” - imagine a goalkeeper diving, how bizarre.

If the striker hadnt dived, genius.

6 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s time you came to learn that what you call ‘stats’ are not evidence. They are random numbers. If you think there is some meaning or significance in them then I predict a stellar career for you in reading tea leaves. Bird entrails even.

3 goals in 3 games for Che adams. Not a decent start to the season, just random numbers. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

He was good today. When you compare their keeper trying to play the ball from his own box, it was light years apart.

He was average today. Made an error playing out early on, would still view the rush out as rather rash. Can’t really judge shot stopping as apart from their goal I can’t remember any shots he had to save.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

21 hours ago, James said:

Credit where credit is due. I thought he looked much better today. 

How much of this do you think is due to the unwavering public vote of confidence that RM gave him at the Forum (and presumably behind the scenes) compared with the absolute battering that he gets on various forums and from the fans?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

How much of this do you think is due to the unwavering public vote of confidence that RM gave him at the Forum (and presumably behind the scenes) compared with the absolute battering that he gets on various forums and from the fans?

None. It had more to do with Plymouth only having two shots on target. 

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

You're having an absolute nightmare here to be honest.

Only perceived that way because it was a game where he had very little to do and was saved his blushes when rushing out because the striker inexplicably dived. He also cocked about with it when passing the ball out and we nearly conceded that way. 

Once we get to a game where one of his cock ups is punished there'll be less of a backlash to me updating this stat. He's looking "better" now not because of improved performances but because the players he's up against are a lot worse and a lot less capable of punishing him. 

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

He still doesn’t get it 😂 - pathetic.

I presented the stat without any opinion attached, it's you lot that took this further. 

Why don't we just wait and see what happens and if he turns me around I'm more than happy to hold my hands up and admit so.

18 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Only perceived that way because it was a game where he had very little to do and was saved his blushes when rushing out because the striker inexplicably dived. He also cocked about with it when passing the ball out and we nearly conceded that way. 

Once we get to a game where one of his cock ups is punished there'll be less of a backlash to me updating this stat. He's looking "better" now not because of improved performances but because the players he's up against are a lot worse and a lot less capable of punishing him. 

When was the “cocking about with it” event(s) in the game yesterday. He actually seemed to be much more assured and not messing about with the ball yesterday, unlike both our centre backs who got away with at least a couple each where Plymouth nearly nicked the ball.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu