Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

You think that the percentage of shots on target a keeper saves is meaningless? 

Of course it is. Do you really think that a keeper is standing in goal with nobody else in the penalty area whilst the ball comes at him randomly from different directions at different speeds? Because that is the only circumstance in which any such statistic might be meaningful.

They type of shot is decided by the attacker who will make his choice depending on how much time he has, who is in front of him and everything else that is going through his head.

57 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Of course it is. Do you really think that a keeper is standing in goal with nobody else in the penalty area whilst the ball comes at him randomly from different directions at different speeds? Because that is the only circumstance in which any such statistic might be meaningful.

They type of shot is decided by the attacker who will make his choice depending on how much time he has, who is in front of him and everything else that is going through his head.

And your line of thinking implies that him having the worst save percentage in the league last season had nothing to do with him and was instead because as a team we just happened to face more unstoppable, world class shots than any other. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

And your line of thinking implies that him having the worst save percentage in the league last season had nothing to do with him and was instead because as a team we just happened to face more unstoppable, world class shots than any other. 

This in a nutshell. 

14 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

So you’d literally rather have a keeper who concedes more goals, so long as their save percentage is better.

If a keepers save percentage is higher then he conceded less goals...your example of there being more shots on target is irrelevant as the keeper doesn't affect that. Over the course of a season a keeper who conceded 7 from 12 shots in the first two games would concede less than someone who conceded 5 from 7, if those rates kept up.

21 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

If a keepers save percentage is higher then he conceded less goals...your example of there being more shots on target is irrelevant as the keeper doesn't affect that. Over the course of a season a keeper who conceded 7 from 12 shots in the first two games would concede less than someone who conceded 5 from 7, if those rates kept up.

Yes he does, that’s the point. A keepers distribution will directly affect the amount of pressure the defence is placed under. If Bazunu is neat, tidy and generally plays the ball into feet in positions where our defence and midfield can take it forward, that’s an important part of how we play. There’s no point having a keeper heroically throwing himself in front of 20 shots a game, if he’s then spooning it out to the opposition inside our own half.

• Like 1

I think he contributes to the shambles in front of him. There is a reason why Prem and most Championship sides play experienced keepers, and that is because they have a unique view of the pitch where they can help organise and spot issues. Which can be done better the more experienced they are. Teams aren't playing 35 year old keepers because of their shot stopping abilities. Plenty of good 21 year olds can do that. They play them for everything else they bring which is harder for fans to spot. All of Bednarek, KWP and Stephens have at one point or another looked better without Bazunu between the sticks. Salisu as well before he left. Since Bazunu signed he has made very few saves, and the defence looks less organised.

• Like 3

I can't help but feel that the fact this thread is now 11 pages long is proof in itself that he really divides opinion baiut whether he is good enough this year or not. If we had a really solid keeper this thread would be much shorter because everyone would be in agreement. 

I don’t see any organisation or any leadership from the keeper, none at all. He can see the whole pitch in front of him and yet is like a fucking church mouse he’s so quiet.

The free header from the corner (a corner caused by Edozie switching off from the free kick), why wasn’t he shouting and getting the man picked up.  Same with the good shot, why wasn’t he telling Bednarek to get closer. I didn’t hear him shout “away” to Manning and make him hoof it out & even worse why didn’t he bollock Manning for the mistake? Gunn went nuts at his back 4 when they let AA balloon one over the bar. The first one was he communicating with KWP, could his positioning have been better? 

Its way too simple to just look at the final shot or header and say he couldn’t have saved it. A bit of communication, organisation and command of his area  would have nipped some of it in the bud. He then wouldn’t have been facing the final shot or header. 

Hes fucking pony. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I don’t see any organisation or any leadership from the keeper, none at all. He can see the whole pitch in front of him and yet is like a fucking church mouse he’s so quiet.

The free header from the corner (a corner caused by Edozie switching off from the free kick), why wasn’t he shouting and getting the man picked up.  Same with the good shot, why wasn’t he telling Bednarek to get closer. I didn’t hear him shout “away” to Manning and make him hoof it out & even worse why didn’t he bollock Manning for the mistake? Gunn went nuts at his back 4 when they let AA balloon one over the bar. The first one was he communicating with KWP, could his positioning have been better? 

Its way too simple to just look at the final shot or header and say he couldn’t have saved it. A bit of communication, organisation and command of his area  would have nipped some of it in the bud. He then wouldn’t have been facing the final shot or header. 

Hes fucking pony. 

This is what some don't get - his job is not only to stop shots but to help prevent them happening in the first place. He takes no responsibility on this front.

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

That is meaningless piffle and has no place in football this side of the Atlantic.

The point made by LD above was the point I was trying to make yesterday about the clear difference between Gunn and Bazunu for those of us at yesterday's game - the former at least acted like a professional goalkeeper in terms of physical presence and attempting to organise his defence.  The fact that Bazunu is a youngster seems to cause a lot of posters to become over-emotional when defending him on here, but in the ground you can sense the tension whenever he is called upon during our matches.  My view is that if our Board feel he has potential then put him in a place where he can safely realise this potential and hopefully undertake strength training and learn his craft - a loan or number two to a proper mentor.  At 20 it was ridiculous to bring him to a Premier League side as a first choice keeper and the endurance with the experiment looked like doubling down, and at 21 he still doesn't appear have what is required to keep goal for a championship side genuinely focused on promotion. 

Perhaps the best young keeper I remember coming through at Saints was Tim Flowers, and there is some comparison to Bazunu.  Flowers joined Saints as a 20 year old prospect in 1986 understudy to Peter Shilton, exciting talent and England U21, but it was clear he needed beefing up and very raw so loaned out to Swindon after we were hammered by Man U with him in goal to gain confidence and learn his trade. Season after that made about ten appearances and loaned out again.  It was only in his fourth season aged 24 he got the number one jersey from Budgie Burridge, and even then he was still seen as a very young keeper.  However, by then he looked strong, confident, agile, vocal and could marshall a defence, went on for another three or four seasons and almost 200 appearances.  Point is, it was clear he had talent but needed time to grow and gain experience, which he was given.  He also benefited from mentors like Shilton and Burridge at Saints and Fraser Digby at Swindon.  

Like many on here with Bazunu I am saying what I see.  Of course we want him to succeed, how we want to always see our youngsters to succeed but there are what to me seem obvious problems with his game currently.  Edozie is a similar case, talent and potential yes, but problems with strength, craft and decision making too.  Goalkeepers are much more exposed in terms of their game, fan and team-mate focus more intense, and their confidence is more brittle as a result.  One school of thought seems to be 'he's a kid, give him a break' but the problem is that giving him a break could break him as a player - giving him adequate time and help is what might be required.  I was watching the goalkeeper warm up yesterday and McCarthy and Lumley towered above Bazunu who looked like the U18 keeper, they were also more vocal and body language more confident even though they are both below GB in the pecking order - which says a good deal about recent standards.  To protect their investment Sport Republic need to provide Bazunu with a credible mentor and / or some playing time outside the spotlight, anything else in my opinion is between recklessness and wishful thinking.               

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Miltonaggro said:

The point made by LD above was the point I was trying to make yesterday about the clear difference between Gunn and Bazunu for those of us at yesterday's game - the former at least acted like a professional goalkeeper in terms of physical presence and attempting to organise his defence.  The fact that Bazunu is a youngster seems to cause a lot of posters to become over-emotional when defending him on here, but in the ground you can sense the tension whenever he is called upon during our matches.  My view is that if our Board feel he has potential then put him in a place where he can safely realise this potential and hopefully undertake strength training and learn his craft - a loan or number two to a proper mentor.  At 20 it was ridiculous to bring him to a Premier League side as a first choice keeper and the endurance with the experiment looked like doubling down, and at 21 he still doesn't appear have what is required to keep goal for a championship side genuinely focused on promotion. 

Perhaps the best young keeper I remember coming through at Saints was Tim Flowers, and there is some comparison to Bazunu.  Flowers joined Saints as a 20 year old prospect in 1986 understudy to Peter Shilton, exciting talent and England U21, but it was clear he needed beefing up and very raw so loaned out to Swindon after we were hammered by Man U with him in goal to gain confidence and learn his trade. Season after that made about ten appearances and loaned out again.  It was only in his fourth season aged 24 he got the number one jersey from Budgie Burridge, and even then he was still seen as a very young keeper.  However, by then he looked strong, confident, agile, vocal and could marshall a defence, went on for another three or four seasons and almost 200 appearances.  Point is, it was clear he had talent but needed time to grow and gain experience, which he was given.  He also benefited from mentors like Shilton and Burridge at Saints and Fraser Digby at Swindon.  

Like many on here with Bazunu I am saying what I see.  Of course we want him to succeed, how we want to always see our youngsters to succeed but there are what to me seem obvious problems with his game currently.  Edozie is a similar case, talent and potential yes, but problems with strength, craft and decision making too.  Goalkeepers are much more exposed in terms of their game, fan and team-mate focus more intense, and their confidence is more brittle as a result.  One school of thought seems to be 'he's a kid, give him a break' but the problem is that giving him a break could break him as a player - giving him adequate time and help is what might be required.  I was watching the goalkeeper warm up yesterday and McCarthy and Lumley towered above Bazunu who looked like the U18 keeper, they were also more vocal and body language more confident even though they are both below GB in the pecking order - which says a good deal about recent standards.  To protect their investment Sport Republic need to provide Bazunu with a credible mentor and / or some playing time outside the spotlight, anything else in my opinion is between recklessness and wishful thinking.               

Excellent post. Summed up perfectly.

• Like 1

Like others have said, when you see him at a live match you really realise his lack of presence. Both in terms of physical stature and his lack of verbal command. He inspires no confidence and in no way commands his area or his defence. The goal seems to dwarf him. 

• Like 1

Angus Gunn, the keeper we had that loads of fans hated because they thought he was shit. Turns out he isn't actually shit. 

Gazzaniga, the keeper we had that loads of fans hated because they thought he was shit. Turns out he isn't actually shit.

They were young, that's all. 

This is why when people say Bazunu is shit and will never improve that they are wrong.

Also, why were people booing Angus Gunn yesterday? 

• Like 4

Just now, The Cat said:

Angus Gunn, the keeper we had that loads of fans hated because they thought he was shit. Turns out he isn't actually shit. 

Gazzaniga, the keeper we had that loads of fans hated because they thought he was shit. Turns out he isn't actually shit.

This is why when people say Bazunu is shit and will never improve that they are wrong.

“When I was 18 I thought my parents knew nothing. When I was 23 I was surprised how much they had learned in such a short time”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

Going into MLG mode on you for a minute, but the 'fact' (if it is) that neither Gunn or Gazzainiga are no longer considered shit is no reason, guarantee, or basis to think that Bazunu might develop so he is no longer considered shit.

That said, what it tends to support - for me anyway - is that we simply haven't handled their development as young goalkeepers well. And/or the original decision(s) to sign them was flawed.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Going into MLG mode on you for a minute, but the 'fact' (if it is) that neither Gunn or Gazzainiga are no longer considered shit is no reason, guarantee, or basis to think that Bazunu might develop so he is no longer considered shit.

That said, what it tends to support - for me anyway - is that we simply haven't handled their development as young goalkeepers well. And/or the original decision(s) to sign them was flawed.

They were never shit in the first place though. If they were they wouldn't have turned out to be fine keepers now.

Not many young keepers can be developed to the point where they are genuine starters and perform to an excellent standard in the top flight at a very young age. 

De Gea was dodgy when he first came to Man Utd. Chelsea fans hated Kepa. Both were older than Bazunu was last season.

I have no doubt we need another keeper challenging for the first team spot but there's a few who need to lay off a bit, some of the hatred show towards him is irrational and unnecessary.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

They were never shit in the first place though. If they were they wouldn't have turned out to be fine keepers now.

Not many young keepers can be developed to the point where they are genuine starters and perform to an excellent standard in the top flight at a very young age. 

De Gea was dodgy when he first came to Man Utd. Chelsea fans hated Kepa. Both were older than Bazunu was last season.

I have no doubt we need another keeper challenging for the first team spot but there's a few who need to lay off a bit, some of the hatred show towards him is irrational and unnecessary.

I don't think there is any hatred shown towards GB. Far from it, I think most fans have laid off and shown a great deal of restraint given our form over the last twelve months and relegation. 

If anything there is a sympathy towards him. Most fans seem to be of the same view, too young and shouldn't have been put in this position for so long.

It goes back to my point that we haven't handled their development well. 

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It’s not hatred is it. It’s what happens when you’ve got someone in a key position who clearly isn’t up to or ready for the job. It’s not Bazunus fault he keeps being picked but it’s always going to be the reaction of the fans when you’ve got a player that isn’t performing to the level they should be

Gazaniga was shit for us, so we signed Boruc who improved the team immeasurable. Gunn was shit for us, which was why he didn’t keep his place in the side. The problem is the alternative to Bazunu is just as bad. the difference between us and man United and Chelsea is last season every single point was vital for us, when you’ve got a keeper who was statistically the worst in Europes top leagues it’s no wonder fans point the finger in his direction and the signs this season aren’t much better. 

the question needs to be asked though as to why after the Gazzaniga and Gunn debacles why don’t people signing players learn the lesson?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Begs the question, why are we trying still ?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

It’s not hatred is it. It’s what happens when you’ve got someone in a key position who clearly isn’t up to or ready for the job. It’s not Bazunus fault he keeps being picked but it’s always going to be the reaction of the fans when you’ve got a player that isn’t performing to the level they should be

Gazaniga was shit for us, so we signed Boruc who improved the team immeasurable. Gunn was shit for us, which was why he didn’t keep his place in the side. The problem is the alternative to Bazunu is just as bad. the difference between us and man United and Chelsea is last season every single point was vital for us, when you’ve got a keeper who was statistically the worst in Europes top leagues it’s no wonder fans point the finger in his direction and the signs this season aren’t much better. 

the question needs to be asked though as to why after the Gazzaniga and Gunn debacles why don’t people signing players learn the lesson?

I've seen him referred to as a "cunt" on here, I'd say that's hatred.

Not sure why the various people in charge of recruitment and goalkeeper coaching from Gazzaniga until now are trying the same policy.

1 minute ago, The Cat said:

I've seen him referred to as a "cunt" on here, I'd say that's hatred.

Not sure why the various people in charge of recruitment and goalkeeper coaching from Gazzaniga until now are trying the same policy.

I wouldn’t use this place as a measurement for anything we’ve got people on here who think previous owners were so useless they couldn’t even get us relegated

18 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Not sure anyone has claimed to hate him.

15 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

No idea as we don't know whether he'd have been able to with better positioning or coming to claim crosses. Seems odd to me that teams that play us are suddenly capable of scoring completely unstoppable goals though.

I'm just going to keep track of that figure game by game. 

Well, the eye-test and the data suggests they were pretty close to unstoppable:

Post-shot XG is seen as the best way to judge a GK's shot stopping. Essentially, if a shot is smashed into the top corner from 1 yard out, it would be calculated as high probability to score (close to 1), if it is hit at the centre of the goal from 40 yards out it will be calculated as low probability to score (close to 0). So goalkeepers who are conceding less goals than the PSXG are performing well.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/10/keepersadv/Championship-Stats#all_stats_keeper_adv

A post-shot XG of 4.6 to the 5 goals he has let in, which suggest that, yes, there has just been some exceptional finishing against us on the goals that went in (as I'm sure we can agree that his 2 saves were fairly routine). I think this supports most people's eye tests. It's only been 2 games, its not a shock that we have been 'unlucky'.

• Goal Wednesday - volley from 10 yards out into the bottom corner. (PSXG won't factor that he initially had to cover the header on the other side of goal, so was forced even worse out of position). https://youtu.be/DC2Z8q7YRJE?t=69
  • 1st goal Norwich - Header in the top corner at the far post from a yard out. Impossible cross to collect. (PSXG won't factor that he had to cover the front post for another attacker). https://youtu.be/S4esIDoqadw?t=47
  • 2nd goal Norwich - Screamer from the edge of the area into the top corner from a completely unimpeded player. (Probably his easiest to save, PSXG won't factor that he was unsighted by Bednarek though). https://youtu.be/S4esIDoqadw?t=308
  • 3rd goal Norwich - Perfect looping header, just inside the post from an unmarked defender 7 yards out.
  • 4th goal Norwich - Volley from the penalty spot into the bottom corner. (PSXG doesn't take into account that Bazunu was preparing for a possible pass-back before Manning shit the bed) https://youtu.be/S4esIDoqadw?t=549

I don't think there are many keepers in the world that would have stopped these goals. I very much doubt there will be one that we could have in the Championship.

In terms of saving shots, he is so far statistically performing like an average Championship keeper. His save % is currently not a reflection of the quality of the shots he has conceded.

Bazunu was horrific last season by the eye-test, and was the worst performing keeper in Europe's top 5 leagues in post-shot XG. He couldn't save shots straight at him.

https://fbref.com/en/comps/9/2022-2023/keepersadv/2022-2023-Premier-League-Stats

This is not what has been happening so far this season and he is being unfairly criticised here in my opinion. It's only been 2 games, if this trend of apparently conceding a large number of great shots continues after a larger dataset has been acquired, then there is a cause for concern.

Currently, to me, from the eye test and the data he seems to be doing OK. Personally, I think that shot-stopping is his only weakness and that his distribution, cross-collecting and speed off his line to sweep or close down on a 1v1 is very good.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Luke SkyWalker-Peters said:

Currently, to me, from the eye test and the data he seems to be doing OK. Personally, I think that shot-stopping is his only weakness and that his distribution, cross-collecting and speed off his line to sweep or close down on a 1v1 is very good.

Call me old fashioned if you will, but IMO being good at shot stopping is pretty much the bulk of being a good keeper. The other parts are very useful to have in addition, but that’s the fundamental you need to have first.

I don’t think he’s a good keeper, but maybe if he can start actually making some saves then it might build him up a bit as I can’t see us signing a replacement for him unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Granted our defence is shit, but it's also devastating to the team's psychology when you constantly concede and get behind. At this level, it is expected that a goalkeeper will occasionally make game-saving stops to keep you competitive, however, with Bazunu in goal, it feels like any half-assed shot on target will get past him.

The lack of action from the management to address the situation is frankly negligent.

Edited by SaintsBarry74

1 hour ago, SaintsBarry74 said:

Granted our defence is shit, but it's also devastating to the team's psychology when you constantly concede and get behind. At this level, it is expected that a goalkeeper will occasionally make game-saving stops to keep you competitive, however, with Bazunu in goal, it feels like any half-assed shot on target will get past him.

The lack of action from the management to address the situation is frankly negligent.

But that hasn’t happened this season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We’ve only been played two games - give it time. He got away with one yesterday that was offside and pre-season wasn’t without issues. Some good posts today on this subject. It is however hysterical for posters to suggest people hate him. From my perspective I want us to take the lad out of the firing line and get someone in who can help bring some experience and confidence to the defence. I accept that  appears unlikely as things stand and the failure to address that is what people find frustrating; not the lad himself.

23 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

We’ve only been played two games - give it time. He got away with one yesterday that was offside and pre-season wasn’t without issues. Some good posts today on this subject. It is however hysterical for posters to suggest people hate him. From my perspective I want us to take the lad out of the firing line and get someone in who can help bring some experience and confidence to the defence. I accept that  appears unlikely as things stand and the failure to address that is what people find frustrating; not the lad himself.

Bullshit. You were a dick about him all preseason. 

4 hours ago, The Kraken said:

Call me old fashioned if you will, but IMO being good at shot stopping is pretty much the bulk of being a good keeper. The other parts are very useful to have in addition, but that’s the fundamental you need to have first.

I don’t think he’s a good keeper, but maybe if he can start actually making some saves then it might build him up a bit as I can’t see us signing a replacement for him unfortunately.

Yeah, obviously. But I've seen people here claiming that he's bad at all the other facets, when he isn't. He is in fact very good at everything else, was a horrific shot-stopper last season, but so far this season has been average (i.e. not let in a saveable shot).

Preseason had me worried, but in terms of shot-stopping he looks like an average Championship keeper to me. It has only been two games though, so that opinion might change quickly. In my opinion his only poor bit of goalkeeping was on the disallowed goal (parrying it to a player).

He looks nervous to me, and the currently unjustified negativity from this season won't help. I'm hoping he will just save the ones he should save and gain consistency this season. If he is just around average, then that should be good enough considering how few shots we should be conceding.

We won't get a replacement, he is too good with the ball at his feet compared to other keepers. Martin has conceded a lot of goals from passing it round the back, but it is hard to see that being a common occurrence with Bazunu looking so comfortable with the ball. He will also help us score some goals by drawing opposition players out.

Goalkeepers rarely like competition. It causes doubt, drains confidence and effects their performance. I doubt the club will bring in a real challenger as the no.2 GK.

Edited by Luke SkyWalker-Peters

12 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Happened a few times in pre-season and he parried a pretty tame free kick straight back into the danger area. Was extremely lucky Barnes was offside. Having seen the goals back I was too harsh on him for the Norwich performance but he hasn't looked solid so far. If we are serious about promotion he isn't really good enough at the moment.

The reaction around us in the Northam when we gave away a 30 yard free-kick was somewhat similar to conceding a penalty. To nobodies surprise he absolutely fluffed it and I have no idea if it were actually offside. I don't blame him on any of the four actual goals this time to be fair.

If the majority of the fans in the stadium are so worried, I wonder what the defence think?

19 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The reaction around us in the Northam when we gave away a 30 yard free-kick was somewhat similar to conceding a penalty. To nobodies surprise he absolutely fluffed it and I have no idea if it were actually offside. I don't blame him on any of the four actual goals this time to be fair.

If the majority of the fans in the stadium are so worried, I wonder what the defence think?

Of course it was. An experienced, unbiased professional gave it as such so it was offside.

If you have no idea then why even raise the point?

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

Of course it was. An experienced, unbiased professional gave it as such so it was offside.

If you have no idea then why even raise the point?

It wasn't on the highlights, but I believe their manager mentioned it was onside post-game? Like I said, I'm unsure (sorry!) but the point is that he still fucked up a routine save.

No need to skirt around the entire point and pick out one slight technicality. 

16 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

It wasn't on the highlights, but I believe their manager mentioned it was onside post-game? Like I said, I'm unsure (sorry!) but the point is that he still fucked up a routine save.

No need to skirt around the entire point and pick out one slight technicality. 

Their manager is hardly going to be unbiased is he?

He should have done better but it wasn’t quite ‘routine’. He seems to have weak wrists which is not good for someone who plays in goal.

Personally If I had been Gavin Bazunu I'd have been thrown out of the club by now. Why because I'd probably have poleaxed any or even all the back four because of their lack of concentration, abysmal positioning and ball watching. I'm not saying he's a good goalkeeper but the twats in front of him are making life incredibly difficult. Instead of bigging up his back four and Stephens in particular Russell Martin needs to get a grip there and lay down the law about concentration and ball watching and if he hasn't got a good defensive coach get one in. For example Bazunu was indicating picking up Sargent but was ignored by KWP who didn't mark properly not for the first or last time either.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, derry said:

Personally If I had been Gavin Bazunu I'd have been thrown out of the club by now. Why because I'd probably have poleaxed any or even all the back four because of their lack of concentration, abysmal positioning and ball watching. I'm not saying he's a good goalkeeper but the twats in front of him are making life incredibly difficult. Instead of bigging up his back four and Stephens in particular Russell Martin needs to get a grip there and lay down the law about concentration and ball watching and if he hasn't got a good defensive coach get one in. For example Bazunu was indicating picking up Sargent but was ignored by KWP who didn't mark properly not for the first or last time either.. 

Yes, sorting out the defence is an order of magnitude greater than replacing the goalkeeper.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derry said:

For example Bazunu was indicating picking up Sargent but was ignored by KWP who didn't mark properly not for the first or last time either.. 

Fucking “indicating”, that sums him up. He should have been fucking ranting at him & if he refused to pick him up should have bollocked him afterwards & even given him some clog in the changing room afterwards. “Indicating” my arse, fucking tell them in no uncertain terms. He’s organising a professional sports team, not a Womens institute raffle. A decent keeper who dominates his area wouldn’t have conceded 4 Sat, no fucking chance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derry said:

And if I was any of the back four I'd have been thrown out for poleaxing Bazunu because of his lack of concentration and abysmal positioning/shot stopping so I guess it works both ways.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu