Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

21 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Apart from a couple of games, no.

Where would last season rank v Puels season in your mind, which I believe you once said was the worst ever season ad you weren’t entertained?

21 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Where does all this “got talent” pony come from. Young keepers are prone to errors, but they also make good saves. They’re inconsistent, until they learn their trade. To be fair to Baz, he can’t be accused of being inconsistent, he’s consistent, consistently pony. 

Baz 🤡, just makes routine saves,lets the rest in but doesn’t make up for it with wonderful saves. I can’t remember coming away from a game & saying “we owe that point to baz”, I can’t even remember saying “we’d have lost by more if it wasn’t for baz. In fact one of our rare wins was despite baz, after his last minute superman impression. He’s not shown anything so far that makes me feel he’s “got talent”. He may well do, but why take the chance? He’s had his chance and blown in, time to drop him🤡

I think you might have missed the sarcasm duckie 

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

I think you might have missed the sarcasm duckie 

I knew you were being sarcastic, I was just wondering where this “got talent” pony came from, because some people actually seem to believe it. They can’t seem to bring themselves to accept he’s pony, the fact he’s not head and shoulders above AM shows the level of  “talent” he’s shown so far. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I knew you were being sarcastic, I was just wondering where this “got talent” pony came from, because some people actually seem to believe it. They can’t seem to bring themselves to accept he’s pony, the fact he’s not head and shoulders above AM shows the level of  “talent” he’s shown so far. 

Probably the same people who say you should never criticise the club and those that do should go and support someone else. A cult like belief that everything the club do is right and you are a lesser fan if you say anything to the contrary. There are a few of them on here

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Greedyfly said:

Was pony again last night. Wonderful. 

I think what last night did do was just confirm that currently we really have no viable alternative to Bazunu. It's becoming a bit of a crisis to be honest and the club have shown no inclination to act. 

• Like 3

After last season’s debacle, recruiting a solid keeper early in the window was always going to be perhaps the best signifier that Sport Republic were true to their word in terms of owning silly mistakes and acting on them. At present, going into a critical season, it appears that our first team’s role as a high end non-competive work experience placement will continue. 

3 hours ago, LaptopSaint said:

Get off his back, lads. He's obviously our number one. 

Let's continue the conversation at Christmas.

So we should all be happy to have him costing us goals every game then. 

I didn't see anyone giving Adams, Armstrong, Mara and Onuachu a break last season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry_SFC said:

He has made some right clangers but personally thought he was a bit unlucky with that one yesterday.

Exactly, the bloke has a half volley from about 8 yards out and all Bazunu can do is spread himself to try and block it.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

He has made some right clangers but personally thought he was a bit unlucky with that one yesterday.

Possibly, but add it to the growing list of shots he got a touch on but was unable to keep out. Seems to happen to him a lot. 

10 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Exactly, the bloke has a half volley from about 8 yards out and all Bazunu can do is spread himself to try and block it.

Some people just want to criticise for the sake of it

I do think we need competition for a place, and McCarthy isn’t it.. I DO think Bazunu has potential but his confidence is shot

But we can’t really blame him for last night

• Like 5

How much would Dean Henderson cost us? Man Utd looking to sell, but Forest apparently prefer to lure Jose Sa.

Is Hendo within budget? A good keeper and a decent striker and the rest in support. but if we go into the season looking like we can't stop conceding and can't score, then we will have wasted the chance to get back up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Possibly, but add it to the growing list of shots he got a touch on but was unable to keep out. Seems to happen to him a lot. 

I do agree, obviously it's the main part of a goalkeepers job and he has really struggled with shot stopping. He certainly has the potential though and under the right coaching I hope he will improve.

There is absolutely no way he should have been a first choice keeper in the Premier League last season, I don't think anyone can argue with that. 

I can't see us signing another keeper whilst McCarthy is here so hopefully Bazunu can regain some confidence this season in a lower quality league. 

10 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

How much would Dean Henderson cost us? Man Utd looking to sell, but Forest apparently prefer to lure Jose Sa.

Is Hendo within budget? A good keeper and a decent striker and the rest in support. but if we go into the season looking like we can't stop conceding and can't score, then we will have wasted the chance to get back up.

Doubt he would drop to the Championship but a nice thought.

15 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He didn't do much wrong yesterday for me. Also didn't have much to do of course. I suspect he isn't good enough for us at the moment but I'll be very interested to see how he does in competitive games at championship level. 

He’s shit and that’s it about it.

23 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

He didn't do much wrong yesterday for me. Also didn't have much to do of course. I suspect he isn't good enough for us at the moment but I'll be very interested to see how he does in competitive games at championship level. 

He’ll be in the team of the season.

2 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ve just watched the ‘highlights’. I’m surprised that nobody has criticised the appalling lack of marking for their goal.

Ive not seen it yet but the 5 second clip I saw from AZ’s feed looked like KWP was beaten too easily and the goalscorer ghosted past the LB/CB… so looked pretty poor

Ill need to see it properly though

• Like 1

The goal was far from his fault. Had he gotten it, it would have been a sensational save. Even still, his quick decisions and confident movement of the ball allowed the backline more time to play out of the back confidently. Go back and compare it to McC from earlier in the week. It's stark. Baz will be our number 1 this year, certainly.

Don’t compare with McC. Both are crap. If we want like to spend another season wait for Baznun to come good, we should at least find a free agent like Willy to complete with them. I am sure some of them are better than our two at the moment. 

On 31/07/2023 at 08:24, FarehamSaintJames said:

I said this last season and I’ll say it again now, but I reckon if you stuck a wheelie bin in the centre of the goal for the entire season it would have a better save ratio than with Bazunu or McCarthy.

It would still have cheerleaders on here providing it was green and recyclable.  

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu