Che Adams

TopGun

2 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Surely every team in the EPL is a rival. Can you imagine Ralph’s team talk at a top six club match starting “guys, we’re not going to win this, so just conserve your energy and just ensure they don’t put 6+ away”!  If that were the case we wouldn’t have seen some decent results against the top teams, even in last seasons dire performances!

Forest are most definitely a rival especially when it seems most money is on Saints finishing somewhere in the bottom 6.

I don't agree. If every team is a "rival" in your world, then what is an actual rival called? There is a difference between other teams and rivals and there are some very clearly direct rivals even at this point in the season - man city and liverpool are rivals for the title. I suspect Chelsea/spurs/Arsenal will be rivals for the top 4 etc.

I imagine most people would be considering fulham, forest, everton, and bournemouth as relegation rivals on current squad depth/quality?

11 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

I don't agree. If every team is a "rival" in your world, then what is an actual rival called? There is a difference between other teams and rivals and there are some very clearly direct rivals even at this point in the season - man city and liverpool are rivals for the title. I suspect Chelsea/spurs/Arsenal will be rivals for the top 4 etc.

I imagine most people would be considering fulham, forest, everton, and bournemouth as relegation rivals on current squad depth/quality?

I think rival is a good word to start a game of wordle.

Edited by revolution saint
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

So you agree Forest are a rival club then?  Potentially every club could be a rival, depending on the situation…if Saints found themselves 1 point behind Man City and played them in the next game, we would rival them for that specific league position. It could be argued every club is a rival of every other club at least twice a season.

3 hours ago, Chez said:

You think they will be top half and us bottom?

We came 15th last year, a point ahead of 16th and two ahead of 17th. 18th is relegation. Where do you think Forest will come? 

I think they will do okay. Have invested, and have a good manager.

4 hours ago, Saint86 said:

We haven't been in a relegation scrap since Ralph's first half season, and this year we have been very active in the transfer market and strengthened the squad / tailored it for his style of play. Given that i don't have any anticipation for a relegation scrap.

Forest shouldn't have been promoted given their squad last season. They have had to massively strengthen to be competitive in the prem, and whilst they've given it a good go, its hard to look past them as anything other than a team that will be fighting relegation - especially considering they'll have minimal squad depth. Conversely, all the people being positive on here surely don't think that us making 6 signings means we should be on a level with Forest?

why shouldn't Forest have bene promoted given their squad? What was wrong with their squad? What's problematic for them is that they had lots of loans and many went back. However, they have bought well, so the momentum they had last season, which saw them slaughter teams like Leicester (did we slaughter any Prem sides by the way?) may still be carried over. 

Our issue is the horrific form over the last 14 games. Will we be able to get out of that funk? I certainly hope so, but you would be sticking your head in the sand if you ignored it completely. In my opinion we are rivals. We are a bottom 10 side, bottom 6 last season and who knows this.  I'm a pessimist. I know that. But we came 15th last season. You cant get away from that. Forest cold go down and be 3 places below us. We are rivals.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

Well played Forest. Whether this happens or not, great disruption to a relegation rival 24 hrs before the first game.

Top level trolling. 

feels like an agent placed story to get contract extension talks moving.

If it's trolling then Adams shrugs his shoulders, the club ignores it as just another mad day - and the disruption level at SMS is zero.

More disruption would be likely at the other end where Forest and Leeds forwards have just discovered though the media that both club managers have been lying about how much they rate them and are in reality trying to replace them.

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

15 Premier League goals?

Only Salah, Son, Ronaldo, Kane & Mane managed to score more than that last season!

He never said 15 Premier League Goals so I'm unsure why you felt the need to quote this fact. 

The original poster clearly states "15 goals" if he had said "15 Premier League Goals" your stat would have been useful, however in this instance it wasn't. 

Nice quick edit as you missed of Mane as well 😂

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, swannymere said:

I genuinely believe that Che is going in the right direction, his improvement in positioning and link up play is great and his timing is only just off. I think we would regret selling him. I think he'll score 15 goals this season.

Blimey I’ll have a pint of what your smoking! He’s only hit double figures twice in the last 12 seasons..3 of those seasons were in the United counties league (admittedly he was only 16 when he started’) 20 goals in his last 96 league games...I’m reckon he’ll score 8 this year. But I’m hoping you’re right!  :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

15 Premier League goals?

Only Salah, Son, Ronaldo, Kane & Mane managed to score more than that last season!

He didn’t say he’d score more than 15

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Let’s not get rid or sale anymore strikers, until we start getting some premier league experienced ones. 

We may not have much of a choice at the moment, but let’s not make it harder for ourselves at this stage. I thought Ralf promised a new striker? Boy we are going to struggle with what we have got. Southampton 0. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Chuckle said:

He never said 15 Premier League Goals so I'm unsure why you felt the need to quote this fact. 

The original poster clearly states "15 goals" if he had said "15 Premier League Goals" your stat would have been useful, however in this instance it wasn't.

If you read/understood my post I was asking him the question if he meant league goals only or not. That is why I used the question mark. 🙄

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

If you read/understood my post I was asking him the question if he meant league goals only or not. That is why I used the question mark. 🙄

I like Che, he's a good striker, but I'm not sure how you can claim he's going to score 15 goals.  It's a bit of a stretch but I hope you're right!

• Haha 1

Just now, Matthew Le God said:

I did not say he would score 15 goals!

Can no-one read on the forum anymore! 

No worries, we all have these moments of unbridled optimism especially just before the season kicks off.  You make a change from all the doom and gloom mongers around.  Fingers crossed eh?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, badgerx16 said:

Why did you have to post what you did ? It was perfectly clear from the original post what was meant.

No it wasn't. He did not say if it was 15 league goals only or 15 goals in all competitions.  Hence me asking a question for clarification. That is why the question mark was used.

11 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

How do you know the original poster is a "him" or identified that way. Bit of a presumption to think only men post on a football forum. 

Edited by Paul Chuckle
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

No it wasn't. He did not say if it was 15 league goals only or 15 goals in all competitions.  Hence me asking a question for clarification. That is why the question mark was used.

"He will score 15 goals this season". Perfectly clear, and not requiring any further qualification. Only you seem to have a problem with the statement - why does every post have to pass an MLG Quality Test ?

Edited by badgerx16
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

FFS we have always had at least two out and out strikers at the club, often of top quality and we have always been about scoring goals and entertaining so why on earth would we even be contemplating selling Che??

still haven’t got over selling Danny 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fanimal said:

FFS we have always had at least two out and out strikers at the club, often of top quality and we have always been about scoring goals and entertaining so why on earth would we even be contemplating selling Che??

still haven’t got over selling Danny 

Sounds like we're getting Timo Werner mate.  Not sure how we'll pay his wages but MLG reckons it's got the green light and is full steam ahead.  So not all bad news.  Between Che and Werner I think that's a pretty good strikeforce.

Che Adams is a good striker, and has one hell of a shot on him, if he could smash it a yard either side of the keeper he would be 15/20 goals a season.

I actually think he does a lot more for the team than people think. He’s not what I would call prolific but he is still good nonetheless.

Him leaving (which he won’t be anyway) would be a big mistake and a big loss.

Also to go one further, that Sasa Kalajdzic who we’ve been linked with I don’t think would be a good fit. He may have height but from what I’ve seen not the mobility etc, and our style of player works on speed and quick build up.

Edited by FarehamSaintJames

To be honest if you didn’t mean 15 goals in the league, then that does make  a big difference. If were were saying I don’t want to sell Che for £10 million because he’s going to score 15 goals....but 5 of those are in the league, 4 are in the FA Cup & 6 are in the League Cup...well I might think 10 million might be worth selling him for.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

If someone said "I've spent £20,000 on food this year", would you assume that they were just talking about their big weekly shops at Tesco or across all food outlets? 

Edited by Ex Lion Tamer
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

If someone said "I've spent £20,000 on food this year", would you assume that they were just talking about their big weekly shops at Tesco or across all food outlets? 

Sorry I’m completely lost here? What supermarket is Che Adams buying his goals  from?

Edited by wadesmith
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Che Adams is a good striker, and has one hell of a shot on him, if he could smash it a yard either side of the keeper he would be 15/20 goals a season.

I'm sure most professional footballer can smash the ball hard in a straight line. They just realise that placement is as, if not more, important than power. That's Che's problem as a striker. He's got no technique, so rather than trying to direct the ball accurately he defaults to giving it a whack. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

I'm sure most professional footballer can smash the ball hard in a straight line. They just realise that placement is as, if not more, important than power. That's Che's problem as a striker. He's got no technique, so rather than trying to direct the ball accurately he defaults to giving it a whack. 

I think his goal against Watford, where he placed it top bins, shows he can do it. However most of the time he doesn’t take his time and just smashes it full power in a straight line. Guy lacks composure and has no left foot whatsoever. 

His strengths are his power and ability to battle through. Shot power is great. Having started off as a CM earlier on in his career, his build up play is good, something Broja lacked entirely.

On 04/08/2022 at 17:07, DT said:

I think they will do okay. Have invested, and have a good manager.

I think there are 3 key points that could potentially mean we last the season better than we have recently due to our intense pressing style.  1 - There are 5 subs allowed this year, 2 - There's effectively a mid-season break this year with the World Up & 3 - We have greater competition with the new purchases which means for instance with Lavia coming in, it's not all on JWP & Romeu in centre mid.  We have only lost Forster & Long, with £50m incoming and Aribo, Bazunu, Lavia & "Ketchup" all seem to have settled in well.  Sure it's early to say and it's a risk with the younger ones, but if they are hungry and with potential I would see them as much better alternatives than those at the end of their careers or on the way down.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams