Che Adams

TopGun

We'd be mad to sell Adams at this time IMHO. Two seasons learning his trade. Coming good at international level with Scotland. Super hard worker that allows us to play the high press. Just needs to convert more of his chances. This is his season to shine. 🤞

Edited by Vancouver Saint
  • Like 1

I like Che - but he is incredibly right footed, the chances I’ve seen lost whilst he tries and runs around the ball rather than use his left. His right isn’t fantastic either - has a good shot but not great placement. 
All that said he’s our best striker currently, so selling him now would be madness (hoping it’s all paper talk but can’t rule out a move - doesn’t seem in particular favour pre season). He’s also a streaky player - so we need to ensure he’s in when he goes on one of his (sadly short) runs…

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Che Adams is a good striker, and has one hell of a shot on him, if he could smash it a yard either side of the keeper he would be 15/20 goals a season.

I actually think he does a lot more for the team than people think. He’s not what I would call prolific but he is still good nonetheless.

Him leaving (which he won’t be anyway) would be a big mistake and a big loss.

Also to go one further, that Sasa Kalajdzic who we’ve been linked with I don’t think would be a good fit. He may have height but from what I’ve seen not the mobility etc, and our style of player works on speed and quick build up.

Speed and quick build up play - I must have missed that 🙂

At this point i'd usually join in with the pile on, but Matthew Le God has been very entertaining over the years, so, in the spirit of debate. 

FUCK IT, CHE ADAMS IS GOING TO SCORE 15 PREMIER LEAGUE GOALS THIS SEASON.

Edited by swannymere
WORDS

Just now, badgerx16 said:

There is no logic to selling Che and keeping AA if one of them has to go.

Unless we planned to raise £20m (*arbitrary figure) through selling others — & we haven't sold those others — so have to sell another to help finance remaining moves. (& to your point, maybe nobody wants Arma for £20m).

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

Unless we planned to raise £20m (*arbitrary figure) through selling others — & we haven't sold those others — so have to sell another to help finance remaining moves. (& to your point, maybe nobody wants Arma for £20m).

Absolutely ridiculous buying Mara and the keeper, if it means selling Adams

He is our best striker, and now cant get a look in...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

There is no logic to selling Che and keeping AA if one of them has to go.

You can only sell what people want to buy. No one wants AA, because he’s fucking pony. 

• Like 2

Just now, Suhari said:

I reckon we've reached an agreement to sell him, but won't finalise it until we get the striker we're chasing.

Dominoes.

It does feel a bit like that, never smoke without fire and there have been some persistent rumours in the last week or two. He played quite sparingly in pre-season and didn't even get on today when we had no strikers on the pitch.

If it's not an injury, something is brewing.

If we do sell him then it looks like we'll be signing two more forwards, otherwise we'd still be short and relying too much on Adam Armstrong, which we need to move on from.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Suhari said:

I reckon we've reached an agreement to sell him, but won't finalise it until we get the striker we're chasing.

Dominoes.

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Perhaps it is to Leeds and we want to wait until after we play them next week.

That's my hunch. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

It does feel a bit like that, never smoke without fire and there have been some persistent rumours in the last week or two. He played quite sparingly in pre-season and didn't even get on today when we had no strikers on the pitch.

If we do sell him then it looks like we'll be signing two more forwards, otherwise we'd still be short and relying too much on Adam Armstrong, which we need to move on from.

Yep.

The AA leaving rumours have gone quiet too.

Wasn't he linked to Watford a few weeks ago?

3 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Yep.

The AA leaving rumours have gone quiet too.

Wasn't he linked to Watford a few weeks ago?

I think I saw links to Boro more heavily than Watford, it was a loan but we wanted a fee. I think Boro went and got Forss from Brentford instead.

It does seem strange that he was left out for a striker that was largely unfavoured for all of last season. We'll miss Adams if he goes but as has been said, maybe we see selling him as a way to add funds to the bank account for new players. I think it'll be another wrong move by the club but I don't run it.

So strange. I felt like Che, even though he missed a few sitters was one of our better players last year with a lot of very good hold up play and intelligent running to create space for himself and others. 

I didn't see anything like that today and apart from our goal I don't remember another decent attacking move.

Must have had a falling out with the stubborn one. 

• Like 8

Should have got all the striker movements sorted before the beginning of the season. In an area we were poor in last season, we've lost two (Broja, Long), put one on the sidelines (Adams) and played the worst (Armstrong). Appalling.

As August rolls on, we'll get desperate. Poor results and everyone will think twice about joining us. It'll be the usual unproven 19 year olds that join. Granted Broja's goals helped us stay up last season but I wouldn't roll that dice again and have confidence of staying up.

• Like 8

On 06/08/2022 at 20:37, S-Clarke said:

I think it’s more to do with Ralph freezing him out for some reason. He didn’t play him anywhere near enough at the end of last season either so leaving him out isn’t anything new except that this time around it stands out more cos we have fuck all else.

Just now, revolution saint said:

I think it’s more to do with Ralph freezing him out for some reason. He didn’t play him anywhere near enough at the end of last season either so leaving him out isn’t anything new except that this time around it stands out more cos we have fuck all else.

If you were Che, you'd want to be gone now. If you can't displace AA on the opening day of the season you may as well go to a new club.

If I recall correctly Che was frozen out at the start of last season too.

He was absolutely buzzing after playing for Scotland at the  EUROs and RH let him cool off on the bench.

Disgusting man management. Almost as if he's punishing players for being internationals. Probably that he's so insecure he's worried that the player coming back after learning from a proper coaching team is going to undermine him.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Dragon_man said:

If you were Che, you'd want to be gone now. If you can't displace AA on the opening day of the season you may as well go to a new club.

Not disagreeing, just pointing out that not playing him is nothing new and doesn’t necessarily mean it’s because of an imminent transfer.
I’d play him as would most who have watched us but I think it’s something Ralph has against him than anything else.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

If I recall correctly Che was frozen out at the start of last season too.

He was absolutely buzzing after playing for Scotland at the  EUROs and RH let him cool off on the bench.

Disgusting man management. Almost as if he's punishing players for being internationals. Probably that he's so insecure he's worried that the player coming back after learning from a proper coaching team is going to undermine him.

He started 5 out of the first 6 league matches, including the opening day.

• Like 1

Just now, SambaMaverick said:

I just can't bear the prospect of AA getting meaningful game time this season, I really can't. I genuinely think he offers less than Shane Long.

That’s why Long seemed to be preferred… as I said yesterday, seems to me it’s because we can’t shift other players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

That’s why Long seemed to be preferred… as I said yesterday, seems to me it’s because we can’t shift other players.

Maybe, but which players did they really think would have interest? Especially in our attack, most are gash.

It just seems a crazy decision. We'd be taking a massive gamble selling someone who is guaranteed 7-8 league goals, especially when £30m barely registers on the transfer radar these days.

• Like 1

Just now, MarkSFC said:

Well....we need 2 strikers make that 3 then...or at least 2 plus a winger type.

Is RH attempting the well used Pep method of no strikers...🤦🤦🤦

I think Ralph will soon be attempting  the no-job method soon.

• Like 1

I expect he is the only player we have had firm interest in so the club have to sell him to buy.

As was said above, we just haven’t shifted anything like the players that we needed to.

If people really thought we would be adding another 2 or 3 taking our spend up and above £80-90 million without recouping then they are mad.

Whats so frustrating though is that we need players now who are better than we have yet we spent large chunks of our budget on the future.

Carry on like Saturday and the future is not looking good.

• Like 2

Trying to understand this...

After spending £50m, its pretty likely we need to recoup some funds in order to spend more.

We clearly aren't going to be getting big money offers for the likes of Bednarek, Lyanco, Stephens, Redmond, Djenepo, A.Armstrong, Walcott etc so perhaps the thinking is that by getting say £20m from Adams perhaps we have a couple of strikers we can bring in who the club think are better? Perhaps an approx £25m signing and a loan for example?

We clearly can't have a net spend of upwards of £70m and obviously don't want to sell JWP or KWP. There is basically nobody else apart from Adams.

Just now, Dusic said:

Trying to understand this...

After spending £50m, its pretty likely we need to recoup some funds in order to spend more.

We clearly aren't going to be getting big money offers for the likes of Bednarek, Lyanco, Stephens, Redmond, Djenepo, A.Armstrong, Walcott etc so perhaps the thinking is that by getting say £20m from Adams perhaps we have a couple of strikers we can bring in who the club think are better? Perhaps an approx £25m signing and a loan for example?

We clearly can't have a net spend of upwards of £70m and obviously don't want to sell JWP or KWP. There is basically nobody else apart from Adams.

Why did we spunk most of our budget on kids who haven't made a noticeable improvement then? Seems to be a bit backwards. SR have got a lot to learn.

• Like 2

Just now, Gingeletiss said:

FFS…..Give them a chance!

Spunk maybe a bit of a strong word but Mara and Kotchap both not involved in the first game of the season, Bazunu didn't look great. Lavia a bright spark but in our position, we needed players who can come in and hit the ground running.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams