Che Adams

TopGun

6 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

A fine finish that from Che tonight :) to be able to delicately lift the ball over both Gunn and the defender like he did takes some doing.

I'm not sure there was any delicacy (delicateness?) in it, he probably reacted instinctively. It was a hook that luckily beat both keeper and defender, but then the best strikers make their own luck. More than made up for the embarrassing air ball prior.

4 hours ago, Singapore Saint said:

I'm not sure there was any delicacy (delicateness?) in it, he probably reacted instinctively. It was a hook that luckily beat both keeper and defender, but then the best strikers make their own luck. More than made up for the embarrassing air ball prior.

More a case of quick thinking than anything, if he was wholly 2 footed he would be staking a claim for higher Saints greatness. Some of the goals he has scored for us though have defied comprehension. Digging one out from nothing at Chelsea and the deja vu brace against The Blades, same shot same result threading it through a nye on impossible gap. 
😁he probably saw the half time line up included a ball juggler and thought “ beat this - I’m going score laying on the floor”😁

Not his day yesterday. But still our most under-rated player, and needs a song.

Gypsy Kings?

Che Adams woah-oh

Che Adams woah-oh-oh-oh

Southampton’s number ten

As Scottish as Big Ben (repeat) 

Even our fans can remember that. 

If it’s too hard, the last two lines could change to 

He comes from Birmingham

He fucking hates Pompey

Let’s get it going 

13 minutes ago, Saints foreva said:

Could probably get something going with the tune of James - Sit Down.

"Che Adams, Che Adams

Playing in red and white

Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

He is dynamite."

Maybe not. 🤣

I like it, easy to remember and sit down is a banger.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Hmmmm. Wonder if he is actively looking to move?

Would be mental to let him go without having a very good replacement in the door..... meaning 2 new (very good) strikers needed.

19 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I like Che, think he’s the best we have (of a bad bunch), however if selling him meant we got Broja and A N other striker I think that would be a good result.

Think Glen mentioned it on TSP, doesn’t look like Ralph really rates him - highlighted by the fact he dropped him for the FA cup semi final.

• Like 3

He's never going to be a regular goal machine but he is a pretty decent player for us. He's clearly reached his level - Che us either staying with us or moving sideways. He ain't going to a top 8 team.

We'd need two really rather good strikers in for this to feel like the right move right now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CB Fry said:

He's never going to be a regular goal machine but he is a pretty decent player for us. He's clearly reached his level - Che us either staying with us or moving sideways. He ain't going to a top 8 team.

We'd need two really rather good strikers in for this to feel like the right move right now.

As long as 1 4 1 replacement contributed more goals it could feel like the right move.

• Like 1

If its a case of stick or twist right now, then I'm happy to stick.

I've not enjoyed the speculation this summer, and the fact its heated up in the last 72 hours just shows what an awful distraction its been for us.

Lets focus on the group, and Saturday, and leave Chelsea to their last minute scattergun approach at recruitment. Ghastly little club.  

1 hour ago, LiberalCommunist said:

If its a case of stick or twist right now, then I'm happy to stick.

I've not enjoyed the speculation this summer, and the fact its heated up in the last 72 hours just shows what an awful distraction its been for us.

Lets focus on the group, and Saturday, and leave Chelsea to their last minute scattergun approach at recruitment. Ghastly little club.  

Not ghastly for me (and certainly not little). They've sold us some very good players over the years/decades. Yeah, dodgy ex-owner, but that's hardly unique.

Now Spurs  ... there's a ghastly club.

Ghastly and little ... look a few miles east!

38 minutes ago, Dark Munster said:

They've sold us some very good players over the years/decades. 

This got me thinking:

Tino

Bertrand

Romeu

M Hughes

Moncou

Beasant?

Shipperley

Kerry Dixon

Dennis Wise?

Le Saux

Petrescu

Osgood

Any others?

Edited by OttawaSaint

4 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

This got me thinking:

Tino

Bertrand

Romeu

M Hughes

Moncou

Beasant?

Shipperley

Kerry Dixon

Dennis Wise?

Le Saux

Petrescu

Osgood

Any others?

I'd rather forget about Dixon, and won't mention Speedie. Oh, I just did.

But most of the rest varied from good to excellent buys. Apart from the above mentioned two they haven't pulled our pants down, unlike Levy and Spurs.

10 hours ago, OttawaSaint said:

This got me thinking:

Tino

Bertrand

Romeu

M Hughes

Moncou

Beasant?

Shipperley

Kerry Dixon

Dennis Wise?

Le Saux

Petrescu

Osgood

Any others?

Joe Kirkup came from Chelsea as part of the Deal with David Webb

John Mortimore assistant manager I think also came from Chelsea

Cliff Huxford who played in two promotion winning teams in the 1950s and 1960s came from Chelsea too

• Like 1

I like Adams, he has improved in each season and has the vastly under-appreciate attribute of robustness that has seen him miss very few games through injury.

I also think that its totally unrealistic that we will spent £70m in this window without any major sales.

So if we aren't selling JWP or KWP and nobody wants Bednarek or our fringe dross then maybe we have to sell Adams to be able to bring others in, and Ralph clearly doesn't think Adams is an x-factor striker (which lets face it he isn't).

The biggest issue is that this season there aren't many genuine repegation candidates and selling him to Leeds or Forest, two teams who are, would be ludicrous unless either the fee is huge or we have an absolutely brilliant replacement lined up who is certainly a big upgrade. Both of these seem unlikely.

Shame we can't get £10m for Adam Armstrong instead.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Dusic said:

I like Adams, he has improved in each season and has the vastly under-appreciate attribute of robustness that has seen him miss very few games through injury.

I also think that its totally unrealistic that we will spent £70m in this window without any major sales.

So if we aren't selling JWP or KWP and nobody wants Bednarek or our fringe dross then maybe we have to sell Adams to be able to bring others in, and Ralph clearly doesn't think Adams is an x-factor striker (which lets face it he isn't).

The biggest issue is that this season there aren't many genuine repegation candidates and selling him to Leeds or Forest, two teams who are, would be ludicrous unless either the fee is huge or we have an absolutely brilliant replacement lined up who is certainly a big upgrade. Both of these seem unlikely.

Agreed and yes, my fear with selling Adams is that the incoming player(s) will be of no better quality. It is essential that we sign at least one top quality striker even if we don’t sell Adams to perform better than last seasons dismal displays. Broja may not be the answer, but at least he had flair and the ability to create chances for himself.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Agreed and yes, my fear with selling Adams is that the incoming player(s) will be of no better quality. It is essential that we sign at least one top quality striker even if we don’t sell Adams to perform better than last seasons dismal displays. Broja may not be the answer, but at least he had flair and the ability to create chances for himself.

Not seen Mara yet, but does he offer similar attributes?

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Really? Half the league are right now if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Chez said:

Not seen Mara yet, but does he offer similar attributes?

Not seen enough of him yet to decide and certainly not in a PL game. Hence why it’s imperative we get another striker that is more likely to be able to or at least reduce the risk that we end up with no-one with those attributes.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

4 minutes ago, SNOWY said:

He's in the "Happy if he stays but won't be too dissapointed if he leaves for decent money" category. Along with a fair few others.

Exactly how I feel. We would be left short, but he could be replaced, and I dont believe the club are as stupid as we often think they are. Maybe we need to shift him on, to have the finances to bring in who we really want? His scoring record is no better than Long's, and he isn't as good in the air or as quick, I wouldn't lose much sleep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Not seen enough of him yet to decide and certainly not in a PL game. Hence why it’s imperative we get another striker that is more likely to be able to or at least reduce the risk that we end up with no-one with those attributes.

We certainly don't need another Tella. I was hoping for a Henri Kamara type, pace and skill to create and score his own chances. I am guessing from the photos that he's not a powerhouse forward? I'm really looking forward to seeing him, Livia and B-K in the first team quickly proving we have signed talent for now as well as the future. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

If the club consider forest a rival then we are in trouble.

You think they will be top half and us bottom?

We came 15th last year, a point ahead of 16th and two ahead of 17th. 18th is relegation. Where do you think Forest will come? 

1 hour ago, SNOWY said:

He's in the "Happy if he stays but won't be too dissapointed if he leaves for decent money" category. Along with a fair few others.

If he wont sign a new contract, like Ings wouldn't, then I am happy the club sells now. It makes total financial sense, unless we think he will score 20 goals this year and his value goes through the roof.

I recall lots saying we would be relegated if we sell Ings. We weren't relegated and that £35m enabled us to buy Armstrong, Livramento, Perraud and loan Broja.

Players come and go. All that matters is who replaces the guy that departs. The next guy might be Ings mark II. Equally he might be Armstrong mark II.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

We came 15th last year, a point ahead of 16th and two ahead of 17th. 18th is relegation. Where do you think Forest will come? 

Surely every team in the EPL is a rival. Can you imagine Ralph’s team talk at a top six club match starting “guys, we’re not going to win this, so just conserve your energy and just ensure they don’t put 6+ away”!  If that were the case we wouldn’t have seen some decent results against the top teams, even in last seasons dire performances!

Forest are most definitely a rival especially when it seems most money is on Saints finishing somewhere in the bottom 6.

16 minutes ago, Chez said:

We certainly don't need another Tella. I was hoping for a Henri Kamara type, pace and skill to create and score his own chances. I am guessing from the photos that he's not a powerhouse forward? I'm really looking forward to seeing him, Livia and B-K in the first team quickly proving we have signed talent for now as well as the future. 

It’s difficult to know how he’ll get on in a side that has seen a few changes and changes in the coaching team too. A lot will depend on the service he gets and the number games Ralph bestows on him (anyone’s guess!).

1 hour ago, Chez said:

We haven't been in a relegation scrap since Ralph's first half season, and this year we have been very active in the transfer market and strengthened the squad / tailored it for his style of play. Given that i don't have any anticipation for a relegation scrap.

Forest shouldn't have been promoted given their squad last season. They have had to massively strengthen to be competitive in the prem, and whilst they've given it a good go, its hard to look past them as anything other than a team that will be fighting relegation - especially considering they'll have minimal squad depth. Conversely, all the people being positive on here surely don't think that us making 6 signings means we should be on a level with Forest?

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Che Adams