Leicester vs Ipswich

SNSUN

So are we hoping for a Leicester win, Ipswich win or draw for the game on Monday?

For me I love the idea we could catch Leicester but ultimately I’d rather they won and we consolidated 2nd. Would be huge mentally. Draw not a disaster though and if you offered me the draw and Leeds failing to get the 3 points tomorrow I’d bite your hand off.

Leicester win, let’s try and get daylight between us and Ipswich as we’ve had to do with Leeds before worrying about top spot.

Maybe we can win the league in 2025/26 after we go up and come down again 😂

1 hour ago, SNSUN said:

So are we hoping for a Leicester win, Ipswich win or draw for the game on Monday?

For me I love the idea we could catch Leicester but ultimately I’d rather they won and we consolidated 2nd. Would be huge mentally. Draw not a disaster though and if you offered me the draw and Leeds failing to get the 3 points tomorrow I’d bite your hand off.

Leicester “only” 7 points above us now. A draw although would send us back to third, they’ve got to go to Leeds and if they lose that and we beat them suddenly they’re under huge pressure from us with the gap down to two points for the run in

Shouldn’t be disappointed with our run but those late equalisers at Huddersfield, Norwich and Watford plus the home draw v Rotherham are costing us

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SotonianWill said:

We haven't won a league since 1960. Draw and take the fight to Leicester. 

I would rather finish third and win the play offs than finish second 

• Haha 3

Head says draw heart says Ipswich win.

Frankly, praying for Ipswich to falter and Leeds ditto is weak. 

Better to be strong and go for the top place not be satisfied with second and others fucking up than whimper along on our knees last few gages to get second or worse a play off position. That attitude is best for getting max points from all the games we should between now and end season. 

9 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Draw. Still lots of twists and turns yet to come this season.

I think we will win the league. 

10 /1 on Bet 365. Ipswich are 8/1. 

I put money on a couple of weeks ago. Each way at 12/1. I dont put much on but if it pays off it will help to buy next season's PL season ticket. 😁😁

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

10 /1 on Bet 365. Ipswich are 8/1. 

I put money on a couple of weeks ago. Each way at 12/1. I dont put much on but if it pays off it will help to buy next season's PL season ticket. 😁😁

what’s each way, top 3? If so how the flip did you get 12/1? I can understand those odds for finishing top, but not for top 3.

Just now, Tamesaint said:

Top 2. Pay 1/3 the odds

That does seem too good to be true. Just checked and some bookies are still offering 10/1, so effectively 3/1 on us finishing top two. At that value I might have to see if there’s some free bet signup deals to be had.

36 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

That does seem too good to be true. Just checked and some bookies are still offering 10/1, so effectively 3/1 on us finishing top two. At that value I might have to see if there’s some free bet signup deals to be had.

That's what I thought. It wad sometime around Xmas and the  QPR, Swansea, Plymouth games when the penny dropped and I decided that we were good for the top 2. At that time the bookies had Ipswich and Leeds shorter than us (and obviusly Leicester) sl I had to have a dabble. 

16 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

That's what I thought. It wad sometime around Xmas and the  QPR, Swansea, Plymouth games when the penny dropped and I decided that we were good for the top 2. At that time the bookies had Ipswich and Leeds shorter than us (and obviusly Leicester) sl I had to have a dabble. 

Just been looking and can’t see those odds on the main sites (I checked Ladbrokes, Paddy Piwer, William Hill). They offer outright title win but no E/W option, Saints around 7/1 to 10/1. They all offer top two but those are coming in around evens or less, which seems about right.

Our points per game in our record breaking unbeaten run is 2.4ppg, Leicester’s all season is 2.4ppg. With this in mind, I find it hard to back an Ipswich win, based on our form being good enough to catch Leicester. Nothing suggests so far that they can be caught. More likely they break the record points total. An Ipswich defeat seems to be the result that will benefit us the most.

• Like 4

I'm feeling confident. Give me an Ipswich win. Hurts us in the short term, but closes things up for the title. We keep this up and we catch Ipswich regardless, lets bring the Foxes back into play.

Edited by Colinjb
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Just been looking and can’t see those odds on the main sites (I checked Ladbrokes, Paddy Piwer, William Hill). They offer outright title win but no E/W option, Saints around 7/1 to 10/1. They all offer top two but those are coming in around evens or less, which seems about right.

Bet365 made it outright for the title rather than each way about 1/2 weeks ago. I had been tempted to have a top up after Sheff Wed but that's when I noticed it was for outright so didn't bother. 

I would recommend Bet365. They seem to have better offers and better prices than other bookies. They also bung occasional free bets my way "bet credits" 

Tough one is, but on the basis we have still got to go to Leicester, Ipswich, WBA, and Leeds on the last day. I am thinking that champions maybe just out of reach. So a Leicester win for me to keep 2nd. On this note I think our unbeaten streak will end at WBA. 

3 hours ago, gio1saints said:

Head says draw heart says Ipswich win.

Frankly, praying for Ipswich to falter and Leeds ditto is weak. 

Better to be strong and go for the top place not be satisfied with second and others fucking up than whimper along on our knees last few gages to get second or worse a play off position. That attitude is best for getting max points from all the games we should between now and end season. 

I thought you said the other day that certain games were free hits for us?

Leicester win please. We've still got the toughest away games in the league left to go in Leicester, Leeds, Ipswich and WBA.

We are exceptional and our squad is great, we play some top stuff and dominate most teams easily. Even the best do face tough tests and trouble during the season, though.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

Did not realize that Leeds play Preston and Norwich at home and Bristol City away before we play Rotherham,so if they win all 3 they go above us,albeit we will have 2 games in hand.

Not sure why they are playing Norwich next Wednesday, it seems to be the only Championship game being played. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew Watson said:

Did not realize that Leeds play Preston and Norwich at home and Bristol City away before we play Rotherham,so if they win all 3 they go above us,albeit we will have 2 games in hand.

They could well win all three convincingly. Good team are Leeds.

6 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

Not sure why they are playing Norwich next Wednesday, it seems to be the only Championship game being played. 

It's their rearranged game from FA Cup 4th round weekend I think. Its an interesting move by them getting the fixture played now and in theory points on the board. 

Our game at home to Hull due to be played 27th Jan was rearranged for Feb 20th so we're saving up a game in hand. 

Hopefully Leeds have a disruptive transfer window and drop some points, Norwich have picked up a bit and Bristol City away on a Friday night certainly not easy, but quite likely they do win all three will shift the dynamic of the table again if we're 4th when taking the field against Rotherham 

Leeds v Preston

Leeds v Norwich 

Bristol City v Leeds 

Got to back this team. They are doing us proud and the fans (at the stadium not all on here) are right behind them. What’s the point in supporting a team if you don’t want to go all out and win. None of this what, if’s, but’s and maybes. Ipswich win. The gap between us and top remains the same. Two teams closing in on Leicester, suddenly their mentality and focus changes. We’ve got the momentum. Would rather come second or third going all out for it than anything else, otherwise, what’s the point? 

21, 22 games unbeaten…

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Got to back this team. They are doing us proud and the fans (at the stadium not all on here) are right behind them. What’s the point in supporting a team if you don’t want to go all out and win. None of this what, if’s, but’s and maybes. Ipswich win. The gap between us and top remains the same. Two teams closing in on Leicester, suddenly their mentality and focus changes. We’ve got the momentum. Would rather come second or third going all out for it than anything else, otherwise, what’s the point? 

21, 22 games unbeaten…

Backing the team means hoping for an Ipswich win tomorrow. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

21, 22 games unbeaten…

Except Ipswich beating Leicester at the King Power will give them a huge boost of confidence and momentum. Ipswich, who have had a tough set of fixtures, they win and "suddenly their mentality and focus changes" - they will be ten feet tall.

I just want us to be second today, tomorrow and next week. We've earned it.

I'd rather we finished second and got promoted than finish third in any scenario. 

Your "I'd rather finish third going for it" seems to suggest that the "going for it" just seems to involve, er, a particular team losing to another team on Monday night. What's the point indeed.

Leicester to win as that is much, much better for us right now.

• Like 3