Leicester vs Ipswich

SNSUN

Want a convincing Leicester win as I dont think we'll catch them. 

Its all about promotion - 1st, 2nd or even 6th, it ultimately doesnt matter as long as we're back in the PL. Yes it would be good to win a trophy, but would take 2nd place right now

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Would be amazing to see us lift another trophy so I’ll always pick/want the results that give us the best chance of winning the league. 

It’s not a decent trophy though is it? 

It’s a bit Noddy trying to claim it is. Promotion is the only thing that matters in this league. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s a bit Noddy trying to claim it is. Promotion is the only thing that matters in this league. 

Agree. I don't think there was ever a trophy in the old days before Div1 became the Prem.

7 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Not sure I would describe 'The Lady' as a 'bit Noddy'. It (or at least a replica) has been awarded to the champions of the (English) Football League since 1888 and has some illustrious names on it (as well as the Skates). Sadly our name has never graced it and it would have been nice eventually for it to have done so (closest we came was 1984 and then when we were last promoted). Personally I think Leicester are already gone for this season, so have reluctantly settled for 2nd again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Maybe but we win winning anything else 

2 hours ago, VectisSaint said:

Not sure I would describe 'The Lady' as a 'bit Noddy'. It (or at least a replica) has been awarded to the champions of the (English) Football League since 1888 and has some illustrious names on it (as well as the Skates). Sadly our name has never graced it and it would have been nice eventually for it to have done so (closest we came was 1984 and then when we were last promoted). Personally I think Leicester are already gone for this season, so have reluctantly settled for 2nd again.

Yeah, let’s pretend finishing top of the football league is the same as it was pre 1992. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah, let’s pretend finishing top of the football league is the same as it was pre 1992. 

Who said that? Why denigrate one of the most historic trophies in world football? So I take it the only trophies worth winning are the Premier League and FA Cup (possibly League Cup, though that is seen as a bit Mickey Mouse these days), seems a bit limiting really, never likely that we will them. And you describe the trophy as Noddy. Think its you that should be wearing the blue hat with a bell on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cascadia Saint said:

Whatever happened to Bertrand?

Excuse me for not paying attention since he left, but I just suddenly remembered he went to Leicester with Vestergard.

Wiki says he only played 4 times for them and now he’s without a club?

He was terrible in his last stretch with us and never should have been picked up by a Prem club. 

2 hours ago, whelk said:

3 pages about one fucking game?! 0-0 or 1-1 I think and Saintsweb won’t be killing each other

Please keep this thread on topic thx

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

lol he just scored again wrong end like Leeds game

not much he could do.

I've been impressed with him though. He seems Ok positionally, reasonably quick and he busts a gut to support attacks. Has a good touch and decent on the ball. Willing to take the fullback on and get to the bye to cross. He was outstanding last year in League 1. If they hadn't got promoted he would have been one to target. Might still be for next year.

1 minute ago, Chez said:

not much he could do.

I've been impressed with him though. He seems Ok positionally, reasonably quick and he busts a gut to support attacks. Has a good touch and decent on the ball. Willing to take the fullback on and get to the bye to cross. He was outstanding last year in League 1. If they hadn't got promoted he would have been one to target. Might still be for next year.

Think Moyes is after him this window.

Leicester look better side with Winks, Dewsbury-Hall centre commanding it.  Mcateer and Mavididi wide looking good going forward . 
Vest and Faess look vulnerable to ball in channel over top. 
ipswich will be better second half I think.

i agree Chez was unlucky to score that off keeper. 

19 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Lets see how we get on playing someone decent away (WBA coming up)....

Maybe but doesn't get aeay from the fact that both teams have been disappointing so far. Nothing for us to be scared of. 

Edited by Tamesaint

10 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Think Moyes is after him this window.

Doesn't surprise me that he's linked with a Prem side, but I can't see him leaving in this window. He's a key player for them and they won't want to unsettle their side. 18 months left of his contract though, so things will happen in the summer.

12 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Maybe but doesn't get aeay from the fact that both teams have been disappointing so far. 

I wonder if they are as disappointing in this half of football as our 2nd half at Swansea?

I think Leicester have been pretty good against the 3rd best team in the league. Reminds me of many games we have had and struggled to score (against far worse teams than Ipswich)

As for Ipswich, away to by far the best side in the league and defending well enough on the edge of their box. 

As said, lets see how good we are when we have to go away to WBA, Ipswich and Leicester.......before Leeds

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

We’re better then both of these.

I think Leicester’s press and quick counter would cause us some bother.  Ipswich don’t look great but they’ve always got a goal in them

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

As said, lets see how good we are when we have to go away to WBA, Ipswich and Leicester.......

Very much the test of our season. Leeds away is probably irrelevant as play offs will be sorted by then, if Saints are involved.

I'd add Middlesborough and Sunderland at home. They'll be going for play off positions and will fight like tigers.

The current run is great but Saints aren't being truely tested yet.

That Friday game at WBA will be a cracker and will tell us a lot.

Nothing to fear from these two on tonight's showing. Although Leicester look a bit more solid than Saints.

Love this league.

Just now, Jack said:

I think Leicester’s press and quick counter would cause us some bother.  Ipswich don’t look great but they’ve always got a goal in them

Possibly, it will be interesting to see when we play them, our passing will have to be pretty much perfect to get away with playing our way. Either way both us and them are leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else.

• Like 1

What is McKenna playing at leaving a player with a yellow card on. Doesn’t he realise there will be an inevitable red and they will be down to 10? Thankfully we have a smarter manager

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I wonder if they are as disappointing in this half of football as our 2nd half at Swansea?

I think Leicester have been pretty good against the 3rd best team in the league. Reminds me of many games we have had and struggled to score (against far worse teams than Ipswich)

As for Ipswich, away to by far the best side in the league and defending well enough on the edge of their box. 

As said, lets see how good we are when we have to go away to WBA, Ipswich and Leicester.......before Leeds

I certainly wouldn't be concerned going away to Ipswich at the moment. I've seen them 3 times in the last month or so and they look very average indeed.

13 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s an amazing trophy actually. The old football league trophy. Much classier than the tacky PL trophy. 

Edited by SW11_Saint
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, macca155 said:

What we need here is an Ipswich controversial goal and a proper punch up between the players. A few straight reds just to make things difficult for them.

And such a melee that there are points deductions for both… 

• Like 1