2014/15 Kit Revealed - #TheStripesAreBack

The9

Would look very good without the sponsor though wouldn't it.

Actually I think it needs the sponsor for a much needed black bit - if I was splitting hairs I'd have liked to see either a black collar or black trim. Without the sponsor it's a bit too "just" red and white, and it needs something to link the shirt to the black shorts. As it is, it all pulls together well.

The relegation kit.

yup... i appreciate how much some love the stripes, but do have this nagging doubt, that it marks the end of our upward journey, and back to the grim reality of relegation scraps and mediocrity.... hopefully will get proven wrong, but how many of you will be happy if our future is as bland as a homemade kit?

Strip looks ok but a bit imbalanced with the badge on the left and nothing on the right. Perhaps the players numbers will go on the right as was the case with an England kit a couple of years ago? Would improve the look IMO

International shirts are required to have numbers on the front, Prem shirts do not, and I think it's actually against the regulations. Also, they'd need to have a whole different set of smaller numbers, as they couldn't use the white ones from the shorts because of the partial white background.

Safe to say we won't be doing that then.

yup... i appreciate how much some love the stripes' date=' but do have this nagging doubt, that it marks the end of our upward journey, and back to the grim reality of relegation scraps and mediocrity.... hopefully will get proven wrong, but how many of you will be happy if our future is as bland as a homemade kit?[/quote']

What the feck does our success have to do with our kit?

So do we think this is a proper bespoke kit, rather than being a rebadged (debadged) kit from another supplier? From the photos it looks like it's well made, with some nice details. Looks like it fits nicely as well.

Only just realised that the video is shot using Veho Muvi cameras attached to the players. Nice example of cross-promotion....

Will be interesting to hear some feedback on the quality, I'm pleased the stripes are back but all our previous in house kits have been horrible material and finish if it's another one of those then I'm out and I feel sorry for the players who will have to wear it! Please can we have a real brand back next season it was nice to have quality kit for a few years.

Absolutely NOT TRUE.

Credit to the new board, that's a pretty decent effort. I like it. Great to see stripes back, I like the effect they have put on them too with a deeper red. Would have preferred white socks but like the 2 tone. Shorts look a bit cheap.

As for the shirt, like the design and it looks like the cut is decent. Fits the players really well. Wish they had cut the v and the h better in veho rather than a solid block. Would have liked them to use saints apparel logo on all kits and leisure too.

Overall I am pleasantly surprised, unlike every other year they have done really well to keep the design a secret.

That cortese commissioned shirt.....wtf!

The "relegation kit" thing is such utter bo11ocks as well, we wore red sleeves plenty of times without getting relegated before that, and indeed in the 2012/13 season. We got relegated from the Championship with a fully striped shirt, which the following season we won the JPT in.

There is no correlation whatsoever, it's just babyish whining for the sake of it.

What the feck does our success have to do with our kit?

Nothing you pillock, its called association - one that others have also picked up on - yet like some obsessed wee child, you simply could not resist responding to my post - pathetic, yet actually quite amusing in a sort of 'pet' like way.

People are quick to link it with the relegation kit, but it kinda reminds me of our promotion kit as well.

The collar is a very similar design to the Umbro one we had recently, and the diagonal patterning on the red stripes is similar too. If it had white sleeves and a weird bit across the top of the back it would be almost the same.

Wish they had cut the v and the h better in veho rather than a solid block. Would have liked them to use saints apparel logo on all kits and leisure too.

I actually prefer the blocked off black bits because there's no other black feature on the shirt - plus when it comes to sponsor's logos, you don't want stray narrow lettering bits that can come detached or break off if they're not "ironed on" properly.

Nothing you pillock' date=' its called association - one that others have also picked up on - yet like some obsessed wee child, you simply could not resist responding to my post - pathetic, yet actually quite amusing in a sort of 'pet' like way.[/quote']

Odd that you think I was specifically targeting your post. I didn't even see who had written it you cretin! The fact that we now have a strip that looks kinda like our relegation one will have no bearing on anything and the association is meaningless. Why you had to bring up so much irrelevant guff in a kit thread I have no idea. Hth.

After Mr Grant's hoax last night (which I fell for) I would have put up with anything. But I like this kit, it looks like a Saints kit, proper badge, black shorts, the socks are shocking but can't have everything. Pricing is ridiculous but that is a "football" issue rather than a Saints issue.

The "relegation kit" thing is such utter bo11ocks as well, we wore red sleeves plenty of times without getting relegated before that, and indeed in the 2012/13 season. We got relegated from the Championship with a fully striped shirt, which the following season we won the JPT in.

There is no correlation whatsoever, it's just babyish whining for the sake of it.

Not really whining, it's just people can see the similarities between the kits that's all. It's hard to deny from the picture of Beattie on this page that they don't look very similar, and apart from the Pony dimplex kit the only other red and white striped shirt with red sleeves is ndeed the one we got relegated in.

Great news to cap an amazing week for me. Got a 2:1 in my degree and it's my birthday on Sunday and now the stripes are back, couldn't write a better 4 day period if I tried!

I don't know, an earnt first, a promise of preparing some fit freshers for 'uni life' all over the summer, and a trip to see one of the wonders of the world would be better.

But a second rate degree and a striped shirt are neat too:thumbup:

I'm kidding by the way. Well done.

I've noticed something rather worrying - all three of the relegated teams from last season, as well as us when we were relegated to the Championship, have been wearing shirts whilst they've been playing football. Back to League One of us, ffs, just sell the club already Kat, small team mentality. Should've just gone for body paint, this is bullsh*t.

I don't know, an earnt first, a promise of preparing some fit freshers for 'uni life' all over the summer, and a trip to see one of the wonders of the world would be better.

You'll make a few enemies if you start calling 2-1s second rate. Mind you I got a first so what do I care.

With Next Friday as RK's first presser, did you get any updates re pelle, Tadic et al being sealed to talk about at same time? Hoping all in hand and Saints announcing when it suits them?

Stop wasting your post ffs.

You'll make a few enemies if you start calling 2-1s second rate. Mind you I got a first so what do I care.

Depends what its in... a 2:1 in say Physics/Maths/Biochemistry etc is worth a hole lot more than first in say English/history/media/social sciences etc...

Unless you're going for a job on the bbc at least :mcinnes::lol:

With Next Friday as RK's first presser, did you get any updates re pelle, Tadic et al being sealed to talk about at same time? Hoping all in hand and Saints announcing when it suits them?

Tadic is still dragging on, Pelle should be sealed by Tuesday. None have flown over yet! Heard we're in for a Scottish left back, though not necessarily Robertson. Still don't think we'll be getting our CB target.

And as for the Degree thing, I *did* make it clear i was joking!

yup... i appreciate how much some love the stripes' date=' but do have this nagging doubt, that it marks the end of our upward journey, and back to the grim reality of relegation scraps and mediocrity.... hopefully will get proven wrong, but how many of you will be happy if our future is as bland as a homemade kit?[/quote']

The stripes we wore last time we finished eighth you mean? Or the stripes we wore promoted into the Prem you mean? Or the stripes we wore during our most successful era?

Or, maybe kits have nothing to do with success you rambling idiot.

Depends what its in... a 2:1 in say Physics/Maths/Biochemistry etc is worth a hole lot more than first in say English/history/media/social sciences etc...

Unless you're going for a job on the bbc at least :mcinnes::lol:

Even a third in English / history would know the difference between "hole" and "whole".

Think its disappointing to have returned to the stripes. How will our players completely prepare themselves for their moves to big clubs in the future if we play in kit which is so distinctive to Liverpool or Arsenal or Manure. Negative step for me.

Nah, actually it looks good, although I really don't like the socks.

Like it, great to have the stripes back - we are Southampton again!

We will probably get the relegation scrap back too as well though.

I haven't brought a kit for donkeys years but might just buy this one to make a point - it's refreshing to not have our club's look dictated to us by an asshole chairman.

Edited by aintforever

Not really whining, it's just people can see the similarities between the kits that's all. It's hard to deny from the picture of Beattie on this page that they don't look very similar, and apart from the Pony dimplex kit the only other red and white striped shirt with red sleeves is ndeed the one we got relegated in.

But we've also been relegated every other time in the club's history NOT having red sleeves, it's such pointless negativity.

Has Alpine made some "well we've got our precious stripes back" sarky remark yet?

Funny you should say that...

Doesnt look too bad, bit disappointed the club has giving in to the stripe whining, however. Would rather have a good team in a red kit, if given a choice.

No doubt going back to the stripes gave the club another opportuinty to pop at NC.

My main concern however, being superstitious, is that this kit looks almost identical to our 2005 PL relegation kit........

Translates as "in complete denial about club's normal colours AND the wishes of the vast majority of fans".

The ridiculous relegation thing has already been dissected above.

Edited by The9