Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

Fed up of these shambolic summers

Completely not surprised that you would say something like this.

However I will also point out the following:

1) summer has barely begun

2) very clearly the club have been firm in their dealings and not let Koeman leave without proper compensation, in fact I would say the Saints have been in control of the whole thing rather than the other way round.

3) so far we've lost Koeman and Juanmi. Pelle is probably going and we expect Wanyama and possibly Mane to go as well. You should not be surprised by any of this. If you are I can only assume you spend most of your time in a cave with no internet access.

Shambles?

It looks to me like Southampton FC know exactly what they are doing.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/522000/Graziano-Pelle-Ronald-Koeman-Everton-Transfer-News-Signing-Rumour-Gossip-Latest

Love this....

Koeman, 53, is edging closer to a Merseyside arrival after the Toffees agreed a compensation deal with Southampton thought to be worth £5m, Sky Sports claim.

And the Dutchman is clearly wasting no time after identifying Pelle as a potential new signing, according to The Sun newspaper.

Everton face stiff competition from Stoke and Juventus, who are also interested in signing Pelle, The Sun claim.

...the Daily Star get rumours from Sky and the Sun and cobble together an article. Now it may well turn out to be true, but so many pieces in publications say according to [another publication] to base their story on.

One thing that I have always wondered about. Is Pelle a popular character? I look at him on the pitch and he is always moaning and berating his team mates, especially when he doesn't get passed the ball. That would send me mad and want to tell him to STFU. Maybe it is an Italian thing.

Judging purely by some of his goal celebreations though he seems to really like being part of the club. The haka, the Watson hugs, the SKD acknowledgedment... So I'd guess he's not on the outer as such.

Judging purely by some of his goal celebreations though he seems to really like being part of the club. The haka, the Watson hugs, the SKD acknowledgedment... So I'd guess he's not on the outer as such.

Pretty much this. Also the Rugby World Cup celebrations too, and, i can't remember who it was, but a team mate who scored while he was sidelined ran over to him to celebrate. He's clearly not unpopular with team mates.

Austin Long and Jay Rod are all better strikers then Pelle, problem is 2 of them have had long term injuries, I wouldn't mind Pelle going for 9 mill and then see if we can bring Lambo back home for a season for maybe half the price, I am sure he would rather be a rotation player here then WBA.

However I am sure the new manager will want his own new big man striker.

Austin Long and Jay Rod are all better strikers then Pelle, problem is 2 of them have had long term injuries, I wouldn't mind Pelle going for 9 mill and then see if we can bring Lambo back home for a season for maybe half the price, I am sure he would rather be a rotation player here then WBA.

However I am sure the new manager will want his own new big man striker.

Seriously? Lambert is finished in the PL. May still be able to do a job in the C'ship, and if he wants regular football that's where he'll have to head...

Austin Long and Jay Rod are all better strikers then Pelle

Nor sure that is correct. Long is in a great run of form now but would any of those 3 be Italy's no 9 if they were Italian? Certainly not Austin or a post injury Rodriguez.

If well sell Pelle it will be for relative peanuts (less than £10m) so the benefit isn't financial.

What exactly IS the benefit? We don't have to sell him.

I just see that we lose a player who over the last two seasons has scored goals and always been our first or second choice striker.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/522000/Graziano-Pelle-Ronald-Koeman-Everton-Transfer-News-Signing-Rumour-Gossip-Latest

Love this....

Koeman, 53, is edging closer to a Merseyside arrival after the Toffees agreed a compensation deal with Southampton thought to be worth £5m, Sky Sports claim.

And the Dutchman is clearly wasting no time after identifying Pelle as a potential new signing, according to The Sun newspaper.

Everton face stiff competition from Stoke and Juventus, who are also interested in signing Pelle, The Sun claim.

...the Daily Star get rumours from Sky and the Sun and cobble together an article. Now it may well turn out to be true, but so many pieces in publications say according to [another publication] to base their story on.

One thing that I have always wondered about. Is Pelle a popular character? I look at him on the pitch and he is always moaning and berating his team mates, especially when he doesn't get passed the ball. That would send me mad and want to tell him to STFU. Maybe it is an Italian thing.

One of the most popular with his team mates

Nor sure that is correct. Long is in a great run of form now but would any of those 3 be Italy's no 9 if they were Italian? Certainly not Austin or a post injury Rodriguez.

If well sell Pelle it will be for relative peanuts (less than £10m) so the benefit isn't financial.

What exactly IS the benefit? We don't have to sell him.

I just see that we lose a player who over the last two seasons has scored goals and always been our first or second choice striker.

I think he is a good striker but he has had injury issues nearly 31 and is hot and cold, I think he goes next summer anyway so we may as well cash in for him this summer and get a younger replacement and hope we can keep Austin and Jay Rod fit and to the form they both had 2-3 years ago.

As for being Italy's number 9 the Italian squad is crap this year like it was in WC 2014, he would never make the national team squad from the 80s to 2012 let alone start.

I think he is a good striker but he has had injury issues nearly 31 and is hot and cold, I think he goes next summer anyway so we may as well cash in for him this summer and get a younger replacement and hope we can keep Austin and Jay Rod fit and to the form they both had 2-3 years ago.

As for being Italy's number 9 the Italian squad is crap this year like it was in WC 2014, he would never make the national team squad from the 80s to 2012 let alone start.

We'll only get £10million for him. I think 10 or more goals this season is worth losing that.

Seriously? Lambert is finished in the PL. May still be able to do a job in the C'ship, and if he wants regular football that's where he'll have to head...

Ricky was finished when he left here, how many goals has he scored im those two seasons? Two, or three? I don't wamt to spoil the memories, he looks like a carthorse now, very sad

I'm in the keep him camp. We don't have another striker who can offer what he does, an as mentioned he seems popular with the team and I LOVE his passion. Every goal is like the last minute of a cup final. Also when they're on form his link up play with Mané and especially Tadic is sublime. I think every squad can only benefit from having a target man type

However, if the club have a replacement lined up (which if they're this happy to let him go you would expect they do) then that's a different story...

I honestly have no idea why we wouldn't give him a few more years on his contract? It's odd really. He's a very good striker who has had a couple of barren patches, but who the f**K are we going to replace him with? Whilst I can't see him starting every game, he's got a) the know-how to play others through to score, b) is a proven Premier League scorer himself and c) when he comes off the bench, he worries defences.

Get him signed up.

I honestly have no idea why we wouldn't give him a few more years on his contract? It's odd really. He's a very good striker who has had a couple of barren patches, but who the f**K are we going to replace him with? Whilst I can't see him starting every game, he's got a) the know-how to play others through to score, b) is a proven Premier League scorer himself and c) when he comes off the bench, he worries defences.

Get him signed up.

Half of the problem with keeping our players was because we didn t give them long contracts.

3 and 4 year contracts are insufficent because we are under pressure to sell 2 years after signing them.

We seem to have understood that with new contracts to vvd jwp and ff as well as most of our signings last year signing five year deals.

Austin Long and Jay Rod are all better strikers then Pelle.

What absolute hogwash, they quite clearly are not! I can't even be arsed to justify as this is such an absurd comment it doesn't warrant me wasting my time! :rolleyes:

Whilst I agree that he can be a bit frustrating at times, I really don`t understand the dislike that some on here have of him.....He is a current Italian No 9....according to the Saints official website:- "The Italian forward hit the ground running, scoring nine goals in his first 12 games. He ended up being Southampton’s top scorer in the 2014/15 campaign, netting 18 goals across 48 appearances in all competitions. .." and 11 goals in 30 appearances last season....not Zlatan Ibrahimovic admittedly but not too shabby either...I`d keep him.

We generally play one up front. Long excelled in that role 2nd half of the season, we've invested in a highly paid striker in Austin who no doubt expects to get opportunities too. That's excluding Jrod who hopefully will have a less injury prone season.

I'd be amazed in Pelle(currently in the Italian team) would have any intention of playing third fiddle to them.

Cashing in on him at 31 likely makes sense for both parties, we get some money back for him and he gets a last big contract somewhere.

We generally play one up front. Long excelled in that role 2nd half of the season, we've invested in a highly paid striker in Austin who no doubt expects to get opportunities too. That's excluding Jrod who hopefully will have a less injury prone season.

I'd be amazed in Pelle(currently in the Italian team) would have any intention of playing third fiddle to them.

Cashing in on him at 31 likely makes sense for both parties, we get some money back for him and he gets a last big contract somewhere.

This is true, but will Austin stay fit and can Rodriguez ever get back to where he was. If not then allowing him to leave could end up costing us goals and points.

Well watching Pelle for Italy versus Lukaku for Belgium it is certainly obvious in this Match that he is far better than Lukaku

Never mind Tadic and Mane versus Miralles and dellafou

Whilst you expect Lukaku to not play his best at Everton where he has been looking for a move surely he should be up to it for Belgium

lukaku has just been subbed to

Well watching Pelle for Italy versus Lukaku for Belgium it is certainly obvious in this Match that he is far better than Lukaku

Never mind Tadic and Mane versus Miralles and dellafou

Whilst you expect Lukaku to not play his best at Everton where he has been looking for a move surely he should be up to it for Belgium

lukaku has just been subbed to

£60m strikers don't go mussing n major championships. That's your transfer fund being substituted Ron.

He is a top class international striker. That's 5 goals in 12 games for Italy and 23 goals in 68 games for Saints. The top Italian clubs are all going to want him but it would be very hard for us to get a replacement as good.

Fonte and Cedric both got their 10th caps for Portugal tonight too.

Saints players could be some of the stars of the Euros this summer.

Pelle best striker in the Euros? Now to see Fonte best defender in the Euros tomorrow! Pelle = Saints legend. Please Les, don't sell him. It's not only about the money.

Shouldn't be sold unless we are spending big on a replacement! It's classic saints fans don't know what we've got till it's gone! I remember when we were first in the championship people cried out for a goal scorer we got rasiac and the forums slated him for bringing nothing but goals. Sadly the average football fan isn't clever enough to talk about the game!

Shouldn't be sold unless we are spending big on a replacement! It's classic saints fans don't know what we've got till it's gone! I remember when we were first in the championship people cried out for a goal scorer we got rasiac and the forums slated him for bringing nothing but goals. Sadly the average football fan isn't clever enough to talk about the game!

No, most people were pretty happy with Rasiak and were a bit miffed when Burley dropped him.