Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1009

Thread: Guido Carrillo - Loaned to Leganes: Official

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    who remembers the loons on here trying to make out he had a good goal record at the time we signed him.

    probably the most bizarre signing in our history
    It’s exactly as Ross said at the forum - they wrongly supported Pellegrino with that deal.. then sacked him soon after.

  2. #952

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    who remembers the loons on here trying to make out he had a good goal record at the time we signed him.

    probably the most bizarre signing in our history
    Or Les defending the purchase at his last saints forum.

  3. #953

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Or Les defending the purchase at his last saints forum.
    all very strange.

  4. #954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    who remembers the loons on here trying to make out he had a good goal record at the time we signed him.

    probably the most bizarre signing in our history
    Central to the argument was that he was being kept out of the Monaco first team by Falcao who was brilliant therefore Carillo must also be brilliant just only slightly less brilliant than Falcao.

  5. #955

    Default Guido Carrillo

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Or Les defending the purchase at his last saints forum.
    He got a few cat calls at that saying he is still our player....that worked out well the second most ridiculous decision after giving Forster a new deal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #956

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    18,989
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CB Fry View Post
    Central to the argument was that he was being kept out of the Monaco first team by Falcao who was brilliant therefore Carillo must also be brilliant just only slightly less brilliant than Falcao.
    One in two, one in two.

  7. #957

    Default

    See you later, alligator


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    See that Boca have just signed de Rossi (obviously on a free but would imagine big wages, especially for a South American team's budget) so wonder if that will put a dent in this idea.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
    See that Boca have just signed de Rossi (obviously on a free but would imagine big wages, especially for a South American team's budget) so wonder if that will put a dent in this idea.
    They sold a striker for big money recently (so hopefully still need a striker!)

  10. Default

    Unsurprising news that Boca can't finance a move..

    http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampto...lete-transfer/

  11. #961

    Default

    Why we trying to get 20m...get rid for 10m or so just and call it a day.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Why we trying to get 20m...get rid for 10m or so just and call it a day.
    I’d take £5m at this rate.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Why we trying to get 20m...get rid for 10m or so just and call it a day.
    Not sure how you take "However, the Saints were only looking for a permanent transfer as they wanted to recoup part of the £20m they paid Monaco" to us trying to get £20m.

  14. #964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Not sure how you take "However, the Saints were only looking for a permanent transfer as they wanted to recoup part of the £20m they paid Monaco" to us trying to get £20m.
    oops, yes..I read it as most not part!

  15. #965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Unsurprising news that Boca can't finance a move..

    http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampto...lete-transfer/
    Well they are also looking at Andre Pierre Gignac who plays in Mexico and has a 25m release clause.
    Just sell him for 5-10 million take a loss and move on. One less on the wage bill

  16. Default

    You say £5-10m but Boca's record signing is £10m. They seem to have bought a couple of players this season for £6m so might not be that flush at the moment. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/club...rde/verein/189

  17. #967

    Default

    SSN reports 3 other clubs interested in addition to Boca Juniors

  18. #968

    Default

    If only SSN was a decent source we'd be in luck with these departures.

  19. #969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    SSN reports 3 other clubs interested in addition to Boca Juniors
    They probably are interested, but they will only pay £0.

    We want to try and recoup the quite simply offensive amount we paid Monaco. The chances of that happening I'd say are between none and none.

    I imagine he's also on a stupid wage which these clubs can't meet either. Absolute mess.

    Maybe we could ask Pellegrino to pay us back for him?

  20. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by waylander View Post
    SSN reports 3 other clubs interested in addition to Boca Juniors
    So far none of the linked clubs can afford him.

    Loan at best. Isn’t next season the final year on his deal?

  21. #971

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Near Brighton
    Posts
    3,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    So far none of the linked clubs can afford him.

    Loan at best. Isn’t next season the final year on his deal?
    He signed a 3.5 year deal in Jan, so no.

    We're stuck with him, cheers Les.

  22. #972

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    They probably are interested, but they will only pay £0.

    We want to try and recoup the quite simply offensive amount we paid Monaco. The chances of that happening I'd say are between none and none.

    I imagine he's also on a stupid wage which these clubs can't meet either. Absolute mess.

    Maybe we could ask Pellegrino to pay us back for him?
    Club just need to take the hit and lose the wages for low/no fee. They shouldn’t have allowed someone whose sense of any market or professional perspective at the top level was vanishing rapidly to stay in charge for over two years. As soon as Reed tried to sign Carrillo, Kreuger should have been telling Les no and instantly sacking both Pellegrino and Les for gross ineptitude. Tbh, the Forster extension was sackable even before that. Kreuger would have done it if the owners had insisted, as anyone with any business brain would have done.

  23. Default Brighton line up £18m deal for Leganes striker Youssef En-Nesyri


  24. #974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    That is a joke. EN Nesyri is rubbish.

  25. #975

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    That is a joke. EN Nesyri is rubbish.
    Get with the programme the bloke is bloody excellent money well spent where we are concerned

  26. #976

    Default

    ESPANYOL CONSIDER CARRILLO MOVE

    I wonder if the out joint sponsor JD Sports has had any influence on this, I hope so..

  27. #977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    ESPANYOL CONSIDER CARRILLO MOVE

    I wonder if the out joint sponsor JD Sports has had any influence on this, I hope so..
    Please don't consider it for too long Espanyol,or you might miss out.

  28. #978

    Default

    He's back with his master again. Only fool who is interested in giving him a chance.

    Season long loan to Leganes. Done.

  29. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    He's back with his master again. Only fool who is interested in giving him a chance.

    Season long loan to Leganes. Done.
    Ralph apparently said yesterday he was sure at least 1 would be out the door.

    This was the most obvious one. Bless us for trying to get a fee for him. No-one was ever going to be stupid enough.

    Imagine we're still paying 50% of his wages on this one.

  30. #980

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S-Clarke View Post
    He's back with his master again. Only fool who is interested in giving him a chance.

    Season long loan to Leganes. Done.
    The worst signing in the club’s history authorised by the worst ever boardroom figure (Les) - apart from maybe Rupert/Askham, reunited with the worst ever manager. Perfect symmetry.

  31. #981

    Default

    Will have one year left next summer so nobody will pay a fee for him then when they can get him for free the year after.

    Very costly mistake.

  32. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Will have one year left next summer so nobody will pay a fee for him then when they can get him for free the year after.

    Very costly mistake.
    The archetypal January panic buy.

  33. #983

    Default

    Good move for him, Mope really needs him at Leganes. After 3 games they are still pointless..

  34. #984

    Default

    A shocking waste of money really, feels like we've been conned.

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Good move for him, Mope really needs him at Leganes. After 3 games they are still pointless..
    Hope they can’t send him back when MoPe gets sacked.

  36. #986

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,314

    Default

    Remember when he signed and our forum geniuses would argue long and hard that he was a goal every other game striker. It’s just a shame he never got to show it in a saints shirt. Or a Leganes shirt. or a Monaco shirt. or an Estudiantes shirt.

  37. #987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by for_heaven's_Saint View Post
    Hope they can’t send him back when MoPe gets sacked.
    Worst manager we’ve had since Wigley.

  38. #988

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ampshoire - where else?!
    Posts
    6,912

    Default

    What a cracking bit of business for Leganes - £20m striker for buttons!

  39. #989

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    4,246
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Remember when he signed and our forum geniuses would argue long and hard that he was a goal every other game striker. It’s just a shame he never got to show it in a saints shirt. Or a Leganes shirt. or a Monaco shirt. or an Estudiantes shirt.
    To be fair a good majority of people on here as well a lot of people I know knew that this guy would be a dud and was only brought in as a panic buy to support Pellegrino.
    It was only a select few that spouted his goals per minute record, and even then that was only in hope!

    The worst signing we have ever made and think we will ever make. At least Ali Dia only cost us a month’s wage (and a lower one at that!)

  40. #990

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,166

    Default Guido Carrillo

    The whole Pellegrino situation was utterly strange.

    Nothing can explain why he was brought in and then kept on until it was almost too late

    Other than to be seen backing an appalling manager, the signing of Carrillo is just as weird

  41. #991

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    CHELSEA
    Posts
    1,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy Saint View Post
    What a cracking bit of business for Leganes - £20m striker for buttons!
    Not sure he’s a £20m striker though......

  42. #992

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The whole Pellegrino situation was utterly strange.

    Nothing can explain why he was brought in and then kept on until it was almost too late

    Other than to be seen backing an appalling manager, the signing of Carrillo is just as weird
    And when Kruger was asked why Pellegrino wasn’t sacked before he said every time they considered it we got a positive result in the next game. A club that has for years slapped itself on the back for its careful planning deciding on a managers future on the basis of the last result, utter laughable.

  43. #993

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    To be fair a good majority of people on here as well a lot of people I know knew that this guy would be a dud and was only brought in as a panic buy to support Pellegrino.
    It was only a select few that spouted his goals per minute record, and even then that was only in hope!

    The worst signing we have ever made and think we will ever make. At least Ali Dia only cost us a month’s wage (and a lower one at that!)
    Pound for pound got to be one of the worst signings ever by any club. How many clubs out there have a record signing who has contributed literally nothing and they can’t shift on?

  44. #994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    To be fair a good majority of people on here as well a lot of people I know knew that this guy would be a dud and was only brought in as a panic buy to support Pellegrino.
    It was only a select few that spouted his goals per minute record, and even then that was only in hope!

    The worst signing we have ever made and think we will ever make. At least Ali Dia only cost us a month’s wage (and a lower one at that!)
    I got into an argument with Lucy Highnett or however it is spelled on twitter at the moment of Carrillo as she started saying she was following regularly Ligue 1 and that Carrillo was ace in the air, which was a load of cobblers.

    She subsequently blocked me when I started questionning her on Ligue 1 and when I saw she started appearing on Total Saints podcast, made me chuckle as she has zero credibility.

  45. #995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Will have one year left next summer so nobody will pay a fee for him then when they can get him for free the year after.

    Very costly mistake.
    Yes, agreed but don't forget it ultimately cost Les his job, so it wasn't all bad

  46. #996

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    28,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevy777_x View Post
    I got into an argument with Lucy Highnett or however it is spelled on twitter at the moment of Carrillo as she started saying she was following regularly Ligue 1 and that Carrillo was ace in the air, which was a load of cobblers.

    She subsequently blocked me when I started questionning her on Ligue 1 and when I saw she started appearing on Total Saints podcast, made me chuckle as she has zero credibility.
    the reason why I have stopped downloading.
    If the TSP wanted more presenters/opinions. There are plenty more worthwhile causes than trying to make TSP wonderfully diverse.

  47. #997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    the reason why I have stopped downloading.
    If the TSP wanted more presenters/opinions. There are plenty more worthwhile causes than trying to make TSP wonderfully diverse.
    She’s ok. Adam Leitch is the worst

  48. #998

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Shilton's 6 yard box
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Obviously a far worse footballer but was he really a worse buy than Osvaldo? Very sad he has any competition for the worst buy tag!

  49. #999

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    28,314

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stud mark of doom View Post
    Obviously a far worse footballer but was he really a worse buy than Osvaldo? Very sad he has any competition for the worst buy tag!
    Yes. At least Osvaldo scored 3 goals, including that cracker against Man City. Although Osvaldo was a bit mental you could see why we signed him, a good pedigree and Pocechetino knew him. Carrillo had nothing in his career to suggest he would be a good singing and was blatantly on the recommendation of a woeful manager who was sacked a few weeks later.

  50. #1000

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    29,467
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Yes. At least Osvaldo scored 3 goals, including that cracker against Man City. Although Osvaldo was a bit mental you could see why we signed him, a good pedigree and Pocechetino knew him. Carrillo had nothing in his career to suggest he would be a good singing and was blatantly on the recommendation of a woeful manager who was sacked a few weeks later.
    Yep. The obvious choice was to sack the manager but because they were scared to do that they went in the opposite direction by refusing to sack him and actually spunking a load of cash on one of his players. Utterly insane.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •