Gaston Ramirez

Dalek2003

Think it's more about will he get the chance to build on it?

What's that two appearances this season? And has created goals in both games. No one can say he's not producing this time.

There's a difference between creating a goal against MK Dons to put us 5 or 6 up to creating the goal that gets us a point in the Premier League.

I think Koeman will give him reasonable game time on Wednesday.

How long until he is next due an injury?

He played well today and deserves the plaudits for his performance. However he needs to be doing that week in week out, not just on the odd occasion

No **** Sherlock :). He is only able to do that when selected. In truth he has not had the best of times here. Injuries have plagued him but this year I will remember him for being first up for ore season training, a good display against Ajax I. The closed door friendly and an impressive performance today. Despite all his well documented problems you rarely see him without a smile on his face.

Did well to take his chance, which he only got due to injury to Long and Rodriguez, but I think we're more likely to start with Juanmi than Ramirez in the hole on Wednesday.

Made me laugh when the commentator said he'd been out for a long time with injury. Er, not this season he hasn't.

Ramirez looked like just what we needed today, far better than Juanmi or JWP. That's just typically annoying of him.

Agreed. Juanmi hasn't shown anything so far. Gaston looked good today, especially his run and pass for the Pelle air kick .

Koeman pretty clear on Gaston post match, nothing has really changed.

Along the lines of:

- his situation is the same, he is in the final year of his contract

- we have some injuries so he got a chance

should get 30-45 mins v.Villa. As we're paying him so much - get what we can out of him, and it might strengthen our hand when we sell him to Italy in January.

Along the lines of:

Funny comments. Nothing may have changed but it doesn't take away from today's contribution. Sounds like the bridges are well and truly burnt.

Funny comments. Nothing may have changed but it doesn't take away from today's contribution. Sounds like the bridges are well and truly burnt.

More sounded to me like he wants to keep his mind sharp and focused. Earn his place further, take nothing for granted.

Along the lines of:

I assume that there was more than one Koeman post match interview. The one on the OS is very different to what you wrote:

"Gaston is working hard, he is part of the team and of course he was not the first option in front but OK he is working hard, he's trying to take his opportunity, with some injuries to players like Shane Long and Jay Rodriguez he's knocking on the door, then I give Gaston that opportunity". No mention of his contract by Ronald (only by the interviewer in his question). Ronald sounded and looked quite positive. Different perspective.

Not sure how the bridges have been burnt....he's been injured and had extended periods out but cant see what he's done to burn bridges with the club...has he caused us any problems/difficulties/dressing room unrest??

Not sure how the bridges have been burnt....he's been injured and had extended periods out but cant see what he's done to burn bridges with the club...has he caused us any problems/difficulties/dressing room unrest??

I don't think he can be faulted for lack of effort or commitment when he's been played. And I'd have thought any attitude problems would have been aired, the osvaldo ones certainly did.

Gaston is 23 years old, one year older than Lloyd Isgrove, a player we apparently have hopes for the future. To write him off is sheer madness, especially considering what we paid for him. No way should he be sidelined. He can contribute much to the team. A lot more than one or two who are just a waste of space.

He fights for his own. Hopefully, his good displays can earn us a few million in Jan transfer window and him a good contract from a decent club (Italian?) or we will have nothing in summer. No doubt neither sides will be interested in a new contract given his high wage and a club will come and take him for free in summer.

Gaston is 23 years old, one year older than Lloyd Isgrove, a player we apparently have hopes for the future. To write him off is sheer madness, especially considering what we paid for him. No way should he be sidelined. He can contribute much to the team. A lot more than one or two who are just a waste of space.

According to Wikipedia he's actually about to turn 25. But I take your point. I was pleasantly surprised by his willingness to get stuck in to a few physical and aerial challenges yesterday. Must be worth playing him against Villa.

More than any other player yesterday, I was desperately hoping he was going to hit a last minute 25 yard screamer, into the top corner, to win the match.

It would be nice to see him given a start on Wednesday, and a chance to stake a claim in the match day squad if not the first 11.

Gaston will walk away on a free transfer and will probably become an exceptional player.

Probably, but not in the PL. Some players aren't suited for it, and he seems to be one of those.

One swallow doesn't make a summer!

Would make my year!

Consistency is the key in the Premier league. I think he is strong enough now.

His strength did seem to be a problem but why has, if you are right, taken him this long to become strong enough. Most players when they arrive and find that they are being knocked off the ball far too easily, undertake a regime to bulk themselves up as a matter of urgency.

Worth remembering Ramirez is on 60k per week.

Probably a fair bit more than Mane, Pelle, Tadic, Wanyama, Van Dijk, Bertrand etc.

Possibly the highest paid of the whole squad.

Thats probably why there is frustration within the club, he was meant to turn out to be a fringe player.

Talent is unquestionable, but he hasn't showed it enough. Thats also unquestionable.

If Gaston was on a more representative wage packet I'd say we might as well stick a 2-year extension under his nose rather than let him walk for a pittance. When he applies himself he clearly has more to offer.

As it is, that sadly seems like a huge gamble. Though if him playing for a contract leads to contributions like yesterday, it can only be good for us.

If Gaston was on a more representative wage packet I'd say we might as well stick a 2-year extension under his nose rather than let him walk for a pittance. When he applies himself he clearly has more to offer.

As it is, that sadly seems like a huge gamble. Though if him playing for a contract leads to contributions like yesterday, it can only be good for us.

As good as his 10 minute cameo was, I sincerely hope he isn't offered a new contract on terms which are even remotely comparable with his current terms (which he won't be), and as such, I wouldn't expect him to sign an extension. Too much of a gamble, as you say.

**** me, he won one header and passed the ball to Pelle. I doubt he registered with any neutral.

What is it with this guy , he does OK when chucked on in desperation of a point and all of a sudden he's " clearly got talent" again . Shane long makes more impact off the bench every time he comes on and he'd also would have won that header. Shane smacked one in against the world champs off the bench , Gaston took advantage if some poor defending and won a header.

Forget giving him a chance against villa , he's had quite enough chances. Let's give Juanmi a go, he maybe one for the future, we know Gastons not. He's a monumental waste of money and nothing I saw yesterday changes that fact.