• Wanyama
    • Clasie
    • Mané
    • Long
    • Pellè
    • Romeu
    • Austin
    • Ward-Prowse

Watch the red card incident closely and you will clearly see the Wanyama had his eyes only on the ball, missed it by a fraction and did not actually make direct contact with Payet (he made a huge meal out of it) and Clattenberg changed his mind based on the WHU players reactions !

If Vic gets a 5 match ban for that, then it is all out of proportion ! The Byram yellow was much more dangerous and the Valencia one not far behind !

Watch the red card incident closely and you will clearly see the Wanyama had his eyes only on the ball, missed it by a fraction and did not actually make direct contact with Payet (he made a huge meal out of it) and Clattenberg changed his mind based on the WHU players reactions !

The problem with Clottenberg's decision making is the unpredictability of the rabbit on the control levers.

If Vic gets a 5 match ban for that, then it is all out of proportion ! The Byram yellow was much more dangerous and the Valencia one not far behind !

Talk about rose coloured glasses! As he often does, he clumsily lost the ball and then went chasing after it. He did not look at the player, he dangerously sythed him down. He was nowhere near the ball and will get (hopefully) what he deserves. Get rid at the earliest opportunity.

Payet's reaction was disgusting- as if he was shot or tasered.

As for the Wanyama incident- there is a case for it being a yellow or a red. HOWEVER, if you are going to give a red Clattenburg, at least be consistent throughout the whole game you pri*k- Valencia, and Byram's even more so was just as equal and in the case of Byram, worse imo.

Referees lack consistency and all I can say is thank ***** there was no impact on the result.

Upwards we go! Top 6 would be excellent.

In realtime I thought Wanyama's was a straight red. In slow-mo it was obvious that he had completely missed the ball and Payet made a meal of it.

However I thought we played better with ten men than in last twenty minutes of the first half when we completely lost it. WH had 73%possession in one 10 minute spell.

Overall a very hard fought, well deserved really gutsy win.

Koeman very reasoned in his after match comments.

Talk about rose coloured glasses! As he often does, he clumsily lost the ball and then went chasing after it. He did not look at the player, he dangerously sythed him down. He was nowhere near the ball and will get (hopefully) what he deserves. Get rid at the earliest opportunity.

You're hoping Wanyama gets a 5 game ban ? You sir are no Saints fan !

In a way it was the opposite of last season's corresoonding fixture, after their keeper got sent off and we were camped in their half for most of the game but just couldn't penetrate a compact, well organised defence and create any clear chances.

It's a remarkable turnaround from what we were seeing throughout November and December really. With the same players, our defence has gone from looking likely to crumble and giving away soft goals at least once a game to being so good they are not allowing opposition players the opportunity to even test our keeper. In the one game where this was not the case - Arsenal in midweek - we have a keeper capable of putting in MOTM performances when called on.

Up front though, is a different matter. Maybe he's still carrying an injury, but Pelle just wasn't in the game at all this evening. He slows down our attack and makes himself far too easy to mark. Austin and Long both had decent chances on the break but neither were on target, and so not for the first time recently, it came down to one of our defensive players to provide the goal. I really hope Austin will be fit enough to start soon, because its getting really frustrating week in week out watching our forward line huff and puff but fail to find the net.

The point is the ref ruined the bloody game as a spectacle, and gave us the fans a poor value for our hard earned cash. We should sue the idiot.

You could sue the West Ham contingent that made sure Battenburg made the wrong decision. Definite yellow, never a red. Still the Spammers got what they deserved.

Fantastic display from the defensive players in the side. Although it was nervy in truth we defended brilliantly and they never really looked like scoring.

Claise is looking the player we hoped he'd be, pressing and hassling and don't remember him giving the ball away. Romeu also looked quality when he came on and is looking a really good player now.

Wanyama was unlucky to be sent off, it was silly diving in like he did but a harsh red but clattenburg loves sending him off so no surprise when he took the opportunity to do that.

Defensively we're looking the real deal. The only downside tonight was that Pelle struggled and was poor, maybe he is lacking sharpness due to being out for a while but with the way we sent up to play today he really didn't do the job he was picked for and looked like a player bang out of form. He's a good player so will get back to form but I'd be tempted to start with Austin and Long next week.

Great win. We didn't play on our level, even before the red and was a great defensive display to hold onto the win. Forster pretty untroubled second half.

Felt we missed Davis as the player in the hole as his defensive contribution is better than Mane and he provides a bit of control that we didn't really have.

Silly foul for the red. He did similar on Payet first half where he gave them a free kick that was very avoidable. That said, it shouldn't have been a red.

Long was tireless, blocked a Byram cross near the end brilliantly.

The 3 CBs were the stars though IMO. Each excellent and VVD especially dealt with Carroll superbly.

Added bonus to beat WH because they are quite dislikable from the Chairman's illiterate tweets to the teenager making their announcements before the website etc and the whole West Ham way thing.

Enjoyable - until realising all trains are ****ed.

Superb defensive display although in truth I only enjoyed the game after the final whistle went. Can't be underestimated especially after the shift they put in at the Emirates in the week. Nice to stick one up the dildo twins too, so to speak...

Footnote: Clattenburg really does think it is all about him though with his ballet steps and accentuated gestures.

Some great individual performances, but didn't think the performance was that good, except insofar as resisting a battering is always good on some level. Last 25 mins of the first half and up to the sending off in the second, we were under the cosh. Lovely to see Yoshida get a goal, but in possession his instinct is always to go long or go back to the keeper, which invites pressure as often as not. Pelle also hugely off the pace. Still, a win, so who cares?

I thought Wanyama was unlucky to get red.

His reputation got him that.

Agreed (and until that point I thought he was playing damned well). Disappointing, his aggression's clouding his judgement, needs to see our sports psychologist on Monday (if we have one).

Hate to think how high my blood pressure was for the last few minutes.

Harsh sending off, was a yellow but no more. Pelle was poor as was Mane, VVD solid, Yoshi did well and Long ran his legs off. I thought Classie and Cedric had good games.

First half was a dire affair apart from our goal and second half was a bit of a nail biter despite the fact that their opportunities were few and far between.

One great save from FF.

A good result considering.

VvD MotM for me. Absolutely superb. Had Carroll in his pocket from the moment he came on. Great team effort all round. Really glad we beat them. I try to like them but I always come away thinking they're a bunch of ****s after we've played them. I was hoping things might be better under Bilic but Clottenberg put paid to that.

A very courageous performance today. You have to say momentous defending. However even before the sending off we were just not well coordinated. It was a very disjointed performance and the team selection really was the cause. Three up front (make that two because Pelle is a total passenger just leaves us with light in midfield with no link between defensive midfield and attack....

Koeman has a terrible habit of tinkering and repeating previous mistakes or learning from team selections that work. I know Taggart was injured but there was no need to play Pelle at all and it could and should have cost us.

The worrying thing is that the result will mask the poor performance... By saying that I am not disputing the effort put in, just that the team did not function.....

A very courageous performance today. You have to say momentous defending. However even before the sending off we were just not well coordinated. It was a very disjointed performance and the team selection really was the cause. Three up front (make that two because Pelle is a total passenger just leaves us with light in midfield with no link between defensive midfield and attack....

Koeman has a terrible habit of tinkering and repeating previous mistakes or learning from team selections that work. I know Taggart was injured but there was no need to play Pelle at all and it could and should have cost us.

The worrying thing is that the result will mask the poor performance... By saying that I am not disputing the effort put in, just that the team did not function.....

Thought it was quite bold playing Pelle . Mane and Long but when steven Davis is fit he needs to be the link up player between the two def mid players and the front two if we play the 5 at back.....he is the only player really who can play that position well in my opinion. As for West Ham hate the *****s they are **** poor and will never fill there new stadium and just live in the shadows of the bigger clubs in london.

Easy win really, even if we did sit off them.

West Ham had one meaningful attack all match and that was from a soft Clattenberg-special free-kick. It never felt like they would score.

Our 5-2-3 should have been changed to a 5-3-2 sooner, I thought.

In a way, the league positions of us as and them are pretty clear indictments of the ****-poor premier league. Both teams have glaring weaknesses but on balance we should be above them.

They showed the incident in slow motion a few times on Sky and whilst I agree that it was clumsy, his foot missed the ball by only a fraction, Payet rode the tackle and then clutched his leg as if mortally wounded ! Redknapp emphasised the point that the WHU players influenced the ref who reached for yellow then changed his mind !

If that merits a 5 match ban, then sorry but I consider it to be grossly excessive !

My glasses may be rose tinted but I reckon that I'm not alone in complaining about this decision !

They showed the incident in slow motion a few times on Sky and whilst I agree that it was clumsy, his foot missed the ball by only a fraction, Payet rode the tackle and then clutched his leg as if mortally wounded ! Redknapp emphasised the point that the WHU players influenced the ref who reached for yellow then changed his mind !

If that merits a 5 match ban, then sorry but I consider it to be grossly excessive !

My glasses may be rose tinted but I reckon that I'm not alone in complaining about this decision !

Nolan got him sent off.

Just back from the game. Sending off actually galvanised the team and fans alike. Atmosphere was great for the last 30 minutes. And funnily enough, I didn't think we were ever going to concede.

Sending off looked like a red at the time- yet to see it on tv. Vvd gets better with every game, he's growing in confidence and starting to step out with the ball as he did at Celtic. Difficult to pick a mom today.. The whole back 5 were awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat in the Chapel, after the sending off I spotted Bertrand getting instructions from a member of the coaching staff (presumably), who was stood on the Kingsland-side touchline. The guy then legged it back up to the camera gantry at the top of the stand where it looked like he put some sort of earpiece back in. Never seen that before, although the same guy always legs it across the pitch and disappears down the tunnel at half time.

Anyway, he comes down again about 10 minutes later to say something to Bertrand, Clattenberg legs it over and tells him to f*** off. Clearly he was getting instructions from the bench for that side of the pitch.

Guess there must be some sort of law against coaching from outside of the dugout hence the ref's reaction. Interesting that we've thought to do that though.

I know it's the in thing nowadays to get down on Pelle; but how can you say him playing should have cost us he game? Yeah he dust score but played well for me.

Weird thing to post. RK was forced to make changes based on injuries to the squad and rotated to match the threat/ability of West Ham.

But crack on my man, let us know how the FA coaching licenses go yeah?