Wigan Away Match Thread

Goalie66

It's the FA Cup quarter finals. Yes, doom and gloom, but we are one win away from Wembley. Three wins and we qualify for Europe. (yes, I have been drinking).

After the horror show against Newcastle, Wigan must be licking their lips. If they can beat Man City, they can beat us.

We need a reaction, perhaps a win here can kick start our great escape. Just got to hope that the players turn up.

It's the FA Cup quarter finals. Yes, doom and gloom, but we are one win away from Wembley. Three wins and we qualify for Europe. (yes, I have been drinking).

After the horror show against Newcastle, Wigan must be licking their lips. If they can beat Man City, they can beat us.

We need a reaction, perhaps a win here can kick start our great escape. Just got to hope that the players turn up.

Mate, if they could beat Doncaster bloody Rovers, they could beat us, we are that bad.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Mrs JBS put on the footie highlights show on Channel 5 (cos there was nowt else on she wanted to watch) summariser for the Wigan v Sçüñthorpe game said that the Latics might find their game against us a bit easier than their 3-3 draw today.

Due to last minute health problems I will not be able to drive up as planned, have never been on an away coach, if there are any spaces, can someone recommend the best one to book with. Thanks

few coach spaces remaining if booking through the club- priced at £28pp- never been on it myself either however.

Want to go but holding can't decide whether to gamble that it goes to general sale or not. Buying memberships could get me tickets tomorrow but don't want to give the club anymore money. Especially given the farce with the membership system and the cup final last year, was hoping they wouldn't make a penny off them this year but if we beat Wigan they'll be able to repeat the fraud that they pulled last year.

If we get to the semis at Wembley I wonder what the take up of tickets will be. I suspect there would be a big demand despite everything going on.

Wigan tickets go on sale to Members tomorrow and there's little over a 1,000 tickets remaining, so these have already moved pretty quickly despite everything. As bad as it is I don't think we'd have any problem shifting semi-final tickets.

And if you're still looking at going on a coach to Wigan but don't fancy the bingo buses try these http://southamptonawaytravel.co.uk/cup-fixtures/fa-cup/wigan-athletic/ these have a decent reputation...if you have to do a coach.

A few of us had every intention of going but enthusiasm from delayed confirmation and everything else around the club at the mo means no one booked anything. Don’t consider myself fair weathered but optimism is draining,

To me, this match is now completely meaningless. I think I'd play the subs (like Redmond and Long) to give them some time. All that matters is the next 2 months of PL matches.

It is completely meaningless, given that we would have zero chance against the remaining big teams should we sneak past Wigan. The chance of staying up should be the only focus; and belatedly getting rid of Pellegrino is the urgent first step.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, I think this will be his last game. This has got 1-0 Wigan all over it.

Not sure about it being his last but this definitely has potential to be just like the Bristol Rovers defeat, also like Sheffield United in the league cup under Koeman. Might have to check out the odds on a 1-0 Wigan win.

Ticket sales picking up again a bit for this now they are on sale to members will be interesting to see how many are left once general sale begins tomorrow.

Not sure about it being his last but this definitely has potential to be just like the Bristol Rovers defeat, also like Sheffield United in the league cup under Koeman. Might have to check out the odds on a 1-0 Wigan win.

Ticket sales picking up again a bit for this now they are on sale to members will be interesting to see how many are left once general sale begins tomorrow.

Difference between this game and the Bristol Rovers and Sheffield United games is that I expect us to lose this one.

To me, this match is now completely meaningless. I think I'd play the subs (like Redmond and Long) to give them some time. All that matters is the next 2 months of PL matches.

It's sad to say I tend to agree.

It's weird, we're one game from Wembley and I'm no more optimistic about winning the cup than the start of the season. If we somehow manage to beat Wigan then it will just be an embarrassment at Wembley against Spurs or Chelsea if crusty the clown is still 'managing'.

As bad as it is I don't think we'd have any problem shifting semi-final tickets.

Where's the appeal in going to Wembley these days? So many things going on there now and it's only the semi-finals and always a nightmare hassle getting in and out. It's no longer the 'sacred' place it used to be in the days of the twin towers and all that. I mean Joe Journeyman from the 5th division can rock up there now if his club win a few matches.

Screw this game. We're not gonna win the fa cup. We've had an easy run so far let's face it. I'd rather go out now, sack mope and stay up.

I feel the complete opposite.... I would rather we got to the FA Cup Final (maybe win it) and go down to be honest, and we do have a chance (a slim one) so I'd love us to go for it.

I heard an Arsenal fan on the radio last night saying he's enjoyed these last few years of reaching cup finals (and winning a couple of them too), than he ever enjoyed 21 years of finishing Top 4 to qualify for Champs League.

Personally I feel so disillusioned with Premier League Football at the minute, that the thought of a sunny day at Wembley and actually having something to cheer about is way more appealing. I was lucky enough to be at Anfield last year when (against all odds) we got to the EFL Cup Final, and wow what a feeling that was. We cant give up on the fairytale of another Cup Final, you just never know.

If we get to the semis at Wembley I wonder what the take up of tickets will be. I suspect there would be a big demand despite everything going on.

Of course there will be ...........were saints supporters arnt we?.......whats not to like about that?

Lets face it ive never been to the new wembley and yes ill be like an awful lot of other Saints fans clammering for a ticket win or loose.

Btw playing both semis at wembley kinda defeats the whole object of wanting a final at wembley .Remember the buzz on the cup final weekend?.....even if it wasnt your team playing in it youd wish you were still one of the fans watching it live.

Cor talk about nostalgia............blub blub ah the good old days eh?...

Of course there will be ...........were saints supporters arnt we?.......whats not to like about that?

Lets face it ive never been to the new wembley and yes ill be like an awful lot of other Saints fans clammering for a ticket win or loose.

Btw playing both semis at wembley kinda defeats the whole object of wanting a final at wembley .Remember the buzz on the cup final weekend?.....even if it wasnt your team playing in it youd wish you were still one of the fans watching it live.

Cor talk about nostalgia............blub blub ah the good old days eh?...

really you should be able to get a ticket fairly easily, last season only required you to attend two home games for a Wembley ticket :lol:

If losing this gets him sacked then I'd be OK with it.

I think we've said that for weeks now, but it seems pretty clear that nothing is going to get him sacked.

Maybe one of our fans need to goad him in a car so he spits at them.

I think we've said that for weeks now, but it seems pretty clear that nothing is going to get him sacked.

Maybe one of our fans need to goad him in a car so he spits at them.

Oh I agree he won't be sacked. I'm just hoping if we do lose that it's a drubbing so the pressure on him ramps up and maybe he will think of fecking off before West Ham.

If losing this gets him sacked then I'd be OK with it.

Given i'm travelling the country again i don't want us to lose, but if we do then the only way i'll be ok with it is if this f*cking waste of space is fired.

I don’t want them to lose. A semi-final would be a treat for supporters with not a lot else to be happy about, and also a good national stage to lash out at Pellegrino if we draw a good side like Brighton and things go pear-shaped, as they did against Newcastle’s world beaters.

After Saturday’s drubbing, the first team needs the confidence boost of beating a L1 side narrowly after playing Pellegrino’s typically rambunctious side-to-side and forward-to-back, possession-based game.

Mad that if we were to beat Wigan on Sunday (big IF) then we'd have won just one less game in the FA Cup than we would have in the league. Presumably it's because this massive dunce realises that you can't draw an FA Cup game, so no choice but to try and win it.

Mad that if we were to beat Wigan on Sunday (big IF) then we'd have won just one less game in the FA Cup than we would have in the league. Presumably it's because this massive dunce realises that you can't draw an FA Cup game, so no choice but to try and win it.

He's probably getting prepared for a penalty shoot-out as we speak.

FA Cup actually means the world to me and I'll be going. Not sure why, it just does.

If we somehow managed to fluke winning it, it will feel somewhat tainted because that absolute clown of a manager will be forever remembered as a success in our history.

Not any more, Golden Balls, NOT ANY MORE! :toppa: