Huddersfield 1 Saints 3

St Chalet

another 3 goals, should have got more

excellent pressing in the 1st half. Always making them play it back or us winning the 2nd ball.

Hoj good

Ings good

Redmond very good and my MoM

What a difference a competent manager makes in a short space of time

Have WHU on Thursday and City on Sunday. I think part the Obi on for Ings strategy was to keep Austin and Long fresh for Thursday. Probably see some other changes too.

Is 3 in a row too much to dream of?

Possible but if we get so much as a point against WHU (let alone three) that's 7 or 9 points from the last 9 available and takes all the pressure of us against City and with them looking a bit shaky, who knows?!

Redmond MotM. Romeu very good. Even Vestergaard was decent. Nice cameos from Obafemi and Lemina.

Bank the points, ride the momentum, take the confidence from back to back wins.

Plenty of areas to work on, but at least we've now got a competent manager who relishes the hard work ahead.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Wow. So nice to so a clear plan executed well. Even the subs made sense - if honest I expected Long for Ings but happy to be wrong.

Areas to work on certainly but what a feeling after last week as well!

Obefami looks a little naive in his decision making but looks like he has plenty about him and, with young players getting real chances under Ralph, significant motivation for others on the fringes.

Great win, and great to look a threat again.

As some others have said , we should have been a lot faster and more clinical on the counter attack when it was 2.0, but that can soon be coached out of them.

Spot on substitutions as well .

Happy xmas boys and girls .

Good result, 3 points.

Can't get carried away however! Our defending was absolutely abysmal, school boy in some cases. A decent team would have scored another 2 or 3. Really need to get a CB back in as a matter of urgency otherwise all the good things we're seeing going forward will be for nothing.

You never know though, perhaps we would have won the last two matches and scored three in each if Hughes had stayed as well ;)

But seriously, it was pretty much accepted that our strikers were just no good in front of goal. We'd all see those stats of their records, they were all hopeless, and yet with this little coaching they get six in two? What the hell was the coaching before?

Really felt after the result last week that we would get a win today and I’m so chuffed that we did!! Under Hughes I really didn’t expect to win another game this year, so to win two on the bounce really relieves the pressure.

We look good going forward but still shaky at the back, I’ve got nice doubt though that Ralph will be taking action in the January window to sort that and if we can get there still outside the relegation zone I reckon we could make a good push for 10th-12th spot

Early days of course but Ralph Hasenhüttl showing the problems at Southampton since 2016 may not be player quality & recruitment instead that of poor tactics and man management from Pellegrino & Hughes.

A clear football style & organisation has got this squad winning!

Disagree. It’s a combination of both pal. Management and recruitment have both been poor.

another 3 goals, should have got more

excellent pressing in the 1st half. Always making them play it back or us winning the 2nd ball.

Hoj good

Ings good

Redmond very good and my MoM

What a difference a competent manager makes in a short space of time

Romeu also excellent. Covered so much ground and held it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree. It’s a combination of both pal. Management and recruitment have both been poor.

agree.

Look at the cost of players not making our bench today who we bought in the last couple of years.

incredible really

Clasie

Boufal

Gabby

Mo

Hoedt

Carrillo

Forster on the basis of his bizarre new deal

Excellent in midfield (defending and attacking). Defensively (from the defenders) we still need a bit of work with a few slips and mistakes back there. Both Yoshida and Vestegaard headed the ball straight up and put us under pressure. Forwards were very good with quick closing down and counter attacks. A little more composure needed though from Redmond, he’s playing extremely well and sees many chances but made a few odd decisions in front of goal (as did Obafemi). He was excellent though so it really is nit-picking but he could have helped himself to another and laid on another two goals if he’d chosen better.

Early days of course but Ralph Hasenhüttl showing the problems at Southampton since 2016 may not be player quality & recruitment instead that of poor tactics and man management from Pellegrino & Hughes.

A clear football style & organisation has got this squad winning!

The recruitment has been terrible.

A competent manager plus terrible recruitment got us to 8th, but two poor managers plus poor recruitment is a recipe for disaster.

Get both right and we can get back to competing regularly for European places.

Redmond MotM. Romeu very good. Even Vestergaard was decent. Nice cameos from Obafemi and Lemina.

Bank the points, ride the momentum, take the confidence from back to back wins.

Plenty of areas to work on, but at least we've now got a competent manager who relishes the hard work ahead.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Redmond was very good, but I thought the first two players Ralph went to at F/T were the best on the pitch - Hoj and Romeu,absolutely controlled the midfield and provided the pivot for quick counter attacking. Yoshida and Vestergaard played well. Targett and Armstrong were both disappointing; Armstrong might get better but Targett is not going to be a consistent Prem LB. Valery showed some promise but we will be so much stronger with Bertrand and Cedric back. Ralph's subs were spot on - Obafemi to provide the speed forward as Ings had picked up a knock; Lemina for a largely ineffectual Armstrong and Stephens for Valery to stabilise the defence. The intensity, spirit, organisation and strategy Ralph has brought to this side is amazing. He has also very quickly summed up the wheat from the chaff - he can see Long and Austin aren't starters; he sees the weaknesses of Hoedt, the underwhelming impact of Moi and of course our academy poster boy Ward-Prowse who must surely now be moved on.

agree.

Look at the cost of players not making our bench today who we bought in the last couple of years.

incredible really

Clasie

Boufal

Gabby

Mo

Hoedt

Carrillo

Forster on the basis of his bizarre new deal

What's to say Ralf won't get these performing well soon as well?

Edited by Jonnyboy

Why on earth slag off Targett? He was excellent today: a lot of these players have not had game time in some time thanks to that p***k of a dinosaur Hughes and will only improve with more game time.

We are still not a good team but Ralph will have us comfortable mid-table of that I have no doubts. What a change to actually look forward to matches and be entertained. By lord, well overdue for the long suffering fans.

Loving the passion from Ralph and how we managed to get him as manager is way beyond me. He is too good for Saints

Lemina will slot into Hoj’s spot, but when Hoj is back it could get interesting. Lemina to play in Armstrong’s place?

Lemina can easily play further up the pitch as he showed today as well as carry the ball from deeper positions. Been calling for Romeu-Hoj-Lemina for ages. Hopefully that’s the case after Hoj returns from suspension.