Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

On 23/07/2020 at 21:21, Nolan said:

If i were to throw a name out there who would fit Saints check boxes, I wonder if we'd try to get in Ronaldo Vieira as a replacement for PEH.

Played in the England unders set-up so Crocker would know him. 22, Has potential to further increase in value. Has had regular game time for Sampdoria, and Leeds before that.  

Just sayin...

Some rando on Twitter linking us to Polish CB Bartosz Beresyznski - 28 years old for Sampdoria.

Someone else seems to think Lemina's loan to Besiktas will be confirmed tomorrow.

Probably both bollocks as it's Twitter, but it's a slow news day..!

2 hours ago, igsey said:

Someone else seems to think Lemina's loan to Besiktas will be confirmed tomorrow.

Trying to follow this on Turkish twitter, it seems to flip flop between Galatasaray / Besiktas every other hour.

2 hours ago, igsey said:

Probably both bollocks as it's Twitter, but it's a slow news day..!

Very slow.  Unless you’re a Chelsea fan.

6 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Trying to follow this on Turkish twitter, it seems to flip flop between Galatasaray / Besiktas every other hour.

Very slow.  Unless you’re a Chelsea fan.

Sorry pal, I don’t do Q&A on twitter either. If you think this place is bad for PMs twitter is ridiculous 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Sorry pal, I don’t do Q&A on twitter either. If you think this place is bad for PMs twitter is ridiculous 

I wouldn’t ask you anything, Turkish.

You know everything, and I like to be surprised by our transfer news :) 

4 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I wouldn’t ask you anything, Turkish.

You know everything, and I like to be surprised by our transfer news :) 

You certainly be in for some VERY nice surprises soon pal, keep an eye on my account for the latest news 🤗

2 hours ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'd just be happy to finally ship out Hoedt, Lemina and Carillo for good. It would save so much money... and we can then look to strengthen. With a 1 in and 1 out strategy.

Don’t need to replace players who aren’t involved.

22 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Don’t need to replace players who aren’t involved.

I meant, Ship those players out for good, That would free up alot of wages. Then It's a 1 in and 1 out stratergy.. ATM those players are here but arent actually any use... So pointless in replacing. 

3 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I meant, Ship those players out for good, That would free up alot of wages. Then It's a 1 in and 1 out stratergy.. ATM those players are here but arent actually any use... So pointless in replacing. 

I don’t disagree.  So hard to shift them.

At least Carrillo only has a year left.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

I don’t disagree.  So hard to shift them.

At least Carrillo only has a year left.

I do wonder Southampton will look to just do what they did with Osvaldo and rip up his contract, And pay him out of his contract.
At least Lemina and Hoedt might actually get us some money.

36 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Vieira would be ideal. Is there an actual link? 

Burnley are losing a few players it seems, some didn't extend contracts in June. Their squad looks really small. Could finally be their turn to struggle. 

Hope so, fcking hate our usual performances against them.

Link at the top of this page.

13 minutes ago, Master Bates said:

Oh I didn't realise Spurs had £80 odd million in their transfer kitty. 'Cos that's what JWP would cost with a newly signed 5 year contract. Clearly written by a WUM on a slow news day.

8 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Oh I didn't realise Spurs had £80 odd million in their transfer kitty. 'Cos that's what JWP would cost with a newly signed 5 year contract. Clearly written by a WUM on a slow news day.

Also according to the article, Saints predominantly rely on set pieces. 

Possibly not the most accurate article. However it will almost certainly cause ripples on Twitter.

10 hours ago, Master Bates said:

This is the author of that piece

Jack O’Brien

A 22 y/o football nerd seeking my way into football writing. I love Irish football and also the Premier League. A huge Arsenal fan! Aside from writing, I like to spend my time fishing and drinking beer.

So a self titled Football nerd and Arsenal fan who is into fishing, sound great company. He's also trying to prove he's a bit of a lad because he spends his time drinking beer, what a chap. 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Master Bates said:

That's not a link to anything claiming to be Spurs, its an article written by A 22 y/o football nerd seeking my way into football writing. I love Irish football and also the Premier League. A huge Arsenal fan! Aside from writing, I like to spend my time fishing and drinking beer." The link to the story itself is (was) a broken link, I wonder why it no longer exists.:

https://soccerlink.fr/2020/08/22/championnats/premier-league/le-chantier-estival-de-tottenham-4725.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Fair play to Palace that would be a decent signing from what I've seen of him. But they have a long way to go to completely replace their ageing squad with a wantaway Zaha to boot. I can see them struggling in the next couple of years.

On 24/08/2020 at 13:51, SaintsFan86 said:

I'd just be happy to finally ship out Hoedt, Lemina and Carillo for good. It would save so much money... and we can then look to strengthen. With a 1 in and 1 out strategy.

its like having to hear a second hand story every summer of who your ex is hooking up with,  just as you had nearly erased all memory of her.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Unless we are going to have a 72 hour fire-sale, I’m not sure how we are going to generate the cash for this.

Well we pretty much know we can sell Reed for £8m, which is a decent chunk of the fee and realistically we are going to end up loaning Lemina, Carillo, Hoedt etc so I don't think it makes a huge difference.

If we really want McKennie and rate him then aged 21 he will increase his value anyhow as an investment and there must be a commercial upside to signing a marketable US national team player.

If we really can't afford to replace PEH even after selling him then its a pretty poor state of affairs.

On 24/08/2020 at 22:16, adriansfc said:

Vieira would be ideal. Is there an actual link? 

Burnley are losing a few players it seems, some didn't extend contracts in June. Their squad looks really small. Could finally be their turn to struggle. 

Hope so, fcking hate our usual performances against them.

Jack Cork?

Just saying..

1 hour ago, Dusic said:

Well we pretty much know we can sell Reed for £8m, which is a decent chunk of the fee and realistically we are going to end up loaning Lemina, Carillo, Hoedt etc so I don't think it makes a huge difference.

If we really want McKennie and rate him then aged 21 he will increase his value anyhow as an investment and there must be a commercial upside to signing a marketable US national team player.

If we really can't afford to replace PEH even after selling him then its a pretty poor state of affairs.

Straight out of the Les Reed school of thinking.

I know the point you're making and you would hope this would be the case if a decent recruit but we've seen with others (Boufal a prime example) that it doesn't follow that their careers and value will take an upturn on joining us.

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Him, Allan and the Watford chap will be another 80m - 100m spent on their midfield (if they all are joining). Two of them 29 years old. Not a great long term strategy again by Everton. 

Ancelotti isn't there to build something though is he, he's there to get the club moving forward and competing with trophies now...Not sure they'll get anywhere though without a 20+ goal a season striker.

5 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Him, Allan and the Watford chap will be another 80m - 100m spent on their midfield (if they all are joining). Two of them 29 years old. Not a great long term strategy again by Everton. 

Rodriguez is on around £280k a week, I wonder what absurd wages Everton are going to pay him.

Could work out I suppose but he's been poor for years to the point where Real don't even use him on the bench, but it seems a very messy approach that they were supposedly moving away from, they seem to becoming more 'West Ham' than actual West Ham. 

Also as far as I am aware the only person they have managed to shift so far is Schneiderlin, so their wage bill is going to be huge. 

8 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Ancelotti isn't there to build something though is he, he's there to get the club moving forward and competing with trophies now...Not sure they'll get anywhere though without a 20+ goal a season striker.

Only 3 teams had a striker who scored 20 or more Premier League goals last season. Arsenal, Leicester and Saints - none of which qualified for the Champions League.

Liverpool won the league without a 20 goal striker and Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea qualified for the Champions League without a 20 goal striker.

Edited by Matthew Le God