Summer 2020 transfer business

Batman

30 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Personally think we will miss out on Mckennie - by the time we manage to raise the funds (if at all) I'd imagine someone else would've signed him. No doubt the club have other options though. 

Personally I don’t think we are after him. I think it’ll be the Celtic MF - don’t know why just a feeling in my water.

9 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Personally I don’t think we are after him. I think it’ll be the Celtic MF - don’t know why just a feeling in my water.

Personally hoping its neither and its Kampl from Liepzig. 29 but RH knows him very well. Reminds me a little bit of Alan Ball in his style...high energy, breaks the play up and then keeps it very simple. Exactly what we need in front of the the CBs. 

At least if it is a loan this season he can’t pull the obvious trick of being absolutely world class for two games against us and sh*te for all the others. On the other hand, that’d almost be worth it to offload him before Fulham realise he’s just a Poundland Pogba.

Bit of a shame re lemina he seems to have become useless in many posters eyes since Ralph exiled him. But you only have to look back at peoples opinions before that and he was regarded as one of our best players, would have liked to see if we could have gotten him going with a good chance under rh.

anyway since we are not gonna use him hopefully this along with reed leaving frees up the wages to get our hoj replacement in quickly.

is this a coincidence that this has happened so fast on the day Weston is linked with juve? As we turned down lemina loan to galatasary ?

So Reed and Lemina going will mean all go on a new midfielder, I imagine.

There will be a nice chunk of wages saved and a loan fee for Lemina, and a nice £8-10m for Reed.

Although we may need to use that money to help pay for the kit sponsor debacle....who knows how that will impact us.

18 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Still thinking maybe we are rushing these deals through to try and get McKennie done. Seems fishy to me they happen so fast on the day juve are linked to him

Doubt it, that deal probably sailed away weeks ago.

8 hours ago, davefizzy14 said:

Yes hope hes still our top midfield target :)

curiously played as a lone front man for 90 minutes in yesterday's Qualifier, and the previous match he started he played as an AM. Sounds like hes asked to move up the pitch.

wouldnt see him fit into our set-up in front of Romeu.

11 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

So Reed and Lemina going will mean all go on a new midfielder, I imagine.

There will be a nice chunk of wages saved and a loan fee for Lemina, and a nice £8-10m for Reed.

Although we may need to use that money to help pay for the kit sponsor debacle....who knows how that will impact us.

Think they're using the media to show signs of desperation, when it looks like the difference is only £2mill (plus the cost of shirt resolutions) 

11 hours ago, waylander said:

Celtic out of CL so that may make N'tcham more likely to move

Lennon was furious in his post match presser saying that players who dont want to be there or have asked to leave can go. Hopefully we can negotiate down on Ntcham because hes not a 20 million player. 12-15 million more reasonable

6 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Interesting. I think Mccarthy and Forster competing for the gk spot if forster has sorted out his head is an improvement on Mccarthy and gunn. 

I hope Forster has sorted his feet out as well as his head. Lost count how many times he's been left flat footed as the ball sails past him, especially low in the corner. He often gave the impression he was playing in Wellies.

Even at his best I don't think he was better than McCarthy who has made some good saves involving diving and using his hands, especially during our brush with relegation under Hughes (Everton and Swansea away spring to mind). Forster I expect would have remained rooted to the ground.

Edited by Badger

27 minutes ago, Badger said:

I hope Forster has sorted his feet out as well as his head. Lost count how many times he's been left flat footed as the ball sails past him, especially low in the corner. He often gave the impression he was playing in Wellies.

Even at his best I don't think he was better than McCarthy who has made some good saves involving diving and using his hands, especially during our brush with relegation under Hughes (Everton and Swansea away spring to mind). Forster I expect would have remained rooted to the ground.

I'm not sure he's better than Mccarthy either but that isn't what I said tbf. 

2 hours ago, nta786 said:

Sorry- on an aside

How have Spurs got doherty for £15m or decent fee like that?

wolves didnt have reason to sell did they? 

Yeah don't get that. Also, Chilwell going for £45m after Leicester originally asking for £80m......imagine the meltdown if that was us!

Maybe prices have peaked and are beginning to fall.....or could be short term due to Covid impact on finances.

9 minutes ago, Adkins' Bus said:

Yeah don't get that. Also, Chilwell going for £45m after Leicester originally asking for £80m......imagine the meltdown if that was us!

Maybe prices have peaked and are beginning to fall.....or could be short term due to Covid impact on finances.

Or it wasn't true.

5 hours ago, Badger said:

I'm not expecting any change in the keeper he was when he first arrived here. His technique is fundamentally poor. He's vulnerable to low shots because he doesn't read situations, is very static, and tries to dive from a standstill position. That limits both his side-to-side range and the speed with which he gets down. You can coach technique to a 12 year-old but not a 32 year-old. If he hadn't been 6' 7" nobody would have given him the time of day - never mind the contract Les gave him.

On a human level I hope he's conquered his issues, and I'll never forget that one-off performance at Arsenal, but I don't see him playing much here. Gunn is a far better rehabilitation candidate than Forster, so I hope we think twice before we view Forster as the backup - or, worse yet, the starter.

8 hours ago, nta786 said:

Sorry- on an aside

How have Spurs got doherty for £15m or decent fee like that?

wolves didnt have reason to sell did they? 

Very odd one that, initial £12m fee likely according to Guardian. Seems like a great deal from Spurs point of view as always impressed by him when I’ve seen Wolves and thought he was a key player for them.

8 hours ago, Saint Pete said:

Very odd one that, initial £12m fee likely according to Guardian. Seems like a great deal from Spurs point of view as always impressed by him when I’ve seen Wolves and thought he was a key player for them.

classic spurs. start tapping up players as they come towards their last year of contract and then low ball once they already have commitment from the player that they are interested in joining them.