Saints vs Brentford - Match Thread

whelk

1 minute ago, Bananaman said:

Im sorry, but I maintain that Che Adams is absolute trash. Misses a sitter (gotta at least test the keeper from 12 yards unmarked) and then stands and watches as his man scores a free header from a corner. I think he is such a poor player. really. No way near the standard we need. 

Not sure if seeing things but It was bertrand who was marking their goalscorer, adams was on the 6yrd line and got to him after he ran past 3 players without interference.

Also assume missing sitter was the Ings miss ?

11 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

We finished last season so strongly. 

Thought we'd get off to a flyer this season given that the last one ended only a few weeks ago. It's the hope that kills you. FFS Saints!

With hindsight  it appears everyone else had taken the foot fully off the gas during project restart.

Just now, Convict Colony said:

Not sure if seeing things but It was bertrand who was marking their goalscorer, adams was on the 6yrd line and got to him after he ran past 3 players without interference.

Also assume missing sitter was the Ings miss ?

ah ok.. maybe, pretty sure it was Che.. although watching with sound off. maybe im being reactionary?? still... looks a long way from rem standard for me in general. 

• Like 1

This is needed - you could smell the complacency from last season’s finish after they looked so fit and hungry. No point taking out a big loan and going down, need to use some of it for a couple of first team ready faces at least. Salisu will in as well as soon as up to speed, Stephens has regressed back to 2018. 

2 minutes ago, DarrenLeTiss said:

Completely pathetic defending again. Forum darling Stephens way out of position, Romeu with a half assed challenge and then the brentford player unmarked. This team yet again has no backbone. 

Wasn't6 it just! Just got in from training, found a link, found we were 1-0 down then that. You could see it all happening in slow motion.

Just now, OttawaSaint said:

Ralph trying to be too smart with this suicidal high line. If it ain't broke...

Exactly, he's changed something. We can all see it. He needs to have a word with himself if he thinks that works with these players.

Get back to what we had and scrap that line. So shit.

• Like 4

Just now, Baird of the land said:

I'm more worried by how appalling Redmond currently is.

Redmond has never scored more than 7 goals or 4 assists in any season for us and I am not sure he is that a hard worker (he is compared to boufal but that is a low benchmark)

I personally think it is definitely a position to be upgraded but unfortunately we have plenty of fires elsewhere.

Just now, Baird of the land said:

I'm more worried by how appalling Redmond currently is.

Redmond has never scored more than 7 goals or 4 assists in any season for us and I am not sure he is that a hard worker (he is compared to boufal but that is a low benchmark)

I personally think it is definitely a position to be upgraded but unfortunately we have plenty of fires elsewhere.