Wolves vs Saints — Build-up

SuperSAINT

3 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I think Vokins was described as have a ‘knock’ so if he’s fit then I’d have him in, assuming RB isn’t fit. The only other dilemma is Redmond/Djenny

Was that before or after he played 90 for the Bs today? Not much of a "knock" if he played a full game less than 24 hours later. 

Wolves have been a bit of a mixed bag this season. Didn't look great against Newcastle but are always going to be a threat going forward.

Hopefully RB will be back, don't fancy Stephens or Vokins facing off against Traore (even if his form hasn't been what it was last season).

On 08/11/2020 at 01:25, Lighthouse said:

I think Vokins was described as have a ‘knock’ so if he’s fit then I’d have him in, assuming RB isn’t fit. The only other dilemma is Redmond/Djenny

On "form" you would have to stick with Djenepo.   Agree about Vokins - would be a good game to throw him in and see if he can reprise the young Luke Shaw.

Wolves have only scored 8 goals all season which only the exceptionally poor bottom 4 have done worse than. They sold their 2nd Top scorer (Jota) and their equal 3rd top scorer (Doherty) from 2019-20 and apparently Jimenez hasn't been in great form this season. This isn't to under estimate them; they are a solid team with good players, but if we can nick a goal they may struggle to score. 

2 minutes ago, WALK DMC said:

Wolves have only scored 8 goals all season which only the exceptionally poor bottom 4 have done worse than. They sold their 2nd Top scorer (Jota) and their equal 3rd top scorer (Doherty) from 2019-20 and apparently Jimenez hasn't been in great form this season. This isn't to under estimate them; they are a solid team with good players, but if we can nick a goal they may struggle to score. 

Wolves look like a side who are good out of possession, organised, difficult to break down etc - but they don't seem to be that progressive when they have the ball, bit tentative.

Initially it will be hard for us to get a foot hold as they won't give us much - if any - space. First goal will be key, if they get it then they'll shut up shop and it will be insanely hard to get anything.

No reason at all to fear them. They are a good outfit no doubt, but so are we. Having watched a couple of their recent games they don't seem to be clicking quite as they were last season and as mentioned above I think they are missing Jota and Doherty, It'll be a tight game, but if we can play as we did against Newcastle, Villa and Everton then I think we can nick a result. Need to score early though as they are definitely a second half team. 

Very good players, but they're extremely formulaic and structured in their approach, to the point of being quite negative.

Always end games strong, when the manager lets them take the handbrake off.

We can get something there, for sure, but they're potentially excellent with the shackles removed.

We dont actually know when this game will be as i think PPV has been scrapped so a decision needed on whether or not to televise and how.

Big factor will be how many players from each squad are called up for international duty and how far away, you never know a covid scare and suddenly a few players need to isolate,  Raul Jimenez is always dangerous hopefully he's gone to Mexico for a while. 

Wolves are one of those teams we always seem to struggle against, I can't recall many wins in the last few years, even when 2-0 up we crumbled and managed to lose last season. 

1-1 draw my prediction, would be a good result. 

2 hours ago, The Cat said:

Tough game. Well organised with some quality players. They don't seem quite as fluent as last season but are hard to break down. 

One away game I'm not as fussed about missing. Rubbish away end, not an abundance of good pubs nearby either. 

You're right away end is terrible, spread so thinly along the side ofthe pitch impossible to get much atmosphere going, we went to a cracking pub around the corner from the station but it was full by 11.30. 

They've got quite a few away on international duty, very little time for 1st team training before the game 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/first-team/20201110-internationals-fourteen-wolves-players-away-on-international-duty/

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

The game has been moved to Monday 23rd November at 8pm. Live on Sky Sports rather than PPV.

Gives more time for Bertrand, Walcott and Ward-Prowse to recover. Along with any international players.

That's actually done us a big favour as Bednarek wasn't due back from Poland duty until the friday before the game. Now he has a couple of days.

• Like 1

I think it favours Wolves more than it does us, they have many more first team regulars away on international duty. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they've deliberately made us play last that weekend to prevent us going top for a while again and embarrassing the premier league global product. 

Having played our last game on a Friday this will a 17 day gap between fixtures, you'd have thought Ralph will give them a few days off now. 

1 hour ago, LeG said:

That is excellent news... Though does give Wolves a chance to schedule in a few more training sessions with their returning international players. 

To be fair it gives us the same advantage, although they have a few more players away!

I think Ralph was worried about Jan, as he only comes back on Friday - so it gives us much more time to play with.

And I'm glad everyone has finally seen sense and scrapped that bonkers PPV idea. Lots and lots of football to look forward to over the crammed festive period! Not sure how they're going to schedule that, but it'll be fun!

On 13/11/2020 at 18:42, JRM said:

I think it favours Wolves more than it does us, they have many more first team regulars away on international duty. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they've deliberately made us play last that weekend to prevent us going top for a while again and embarrassing the premier league global product. 

Having played our last game on a Friday this will a 17 day gap between fixtures, you'd have thought Ralph will give them a few days off now. 

A few days off for those not on internationals.

Where could they possibly go Tesco?

:D