• Ryan Bertrand
    • Ibrahima Diallo
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Theo Walcott
    • Che Adams
    • Danny Ings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 20:00

13 hours ago, Pamplemousse said:

We're gonna beat them tonight and on Tuesday. For whatever reason, their fans truly fear us and consider us our bogey team.

Also, I want revenge for 2003.

We've knocked them out of a cup at least twice since then, so it's not really revenge. Unless we got them in another final of course.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints v Arsenal - Match Thread
39 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

Straight from watching the Perth Scorchers in the Big Bash, to ESPN and the Saints, this is what Saturdays should be about. Heaven.

Time difference works well for you over there Ginge.  What is it.. a 7:15 or 8:15pm kick off for you in the West.     No chance of falling asleep on the couch!

13 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Fortunes have changed somewhat since the teams met in the league, 0-2

Arsenal's confidence, form and fortune changed pretty much half way through that match. They are a completely different side to the one coming into that game which was on its knees. They looked very good against Newcastle midweek. Much changed line up though. Glad to see we have gone strong. Never a better chance to win the FA cup with the side we have. Hope we can re-find our goalscoring form with Ings and Adams.

Edited by Chez

Given the hypothetical choice I’d take the win today but of course no reason why we can’t beat them on Tuesday too!

I am happy with our line up exactly what I expected- ultimately top players can play PL and then CL without needing rest, ours should be able to do it too!

excellent line up. Nice one Ralph. Imagine what Poch would have done.

too hopeful to think we wil” all be jabbed up and at Wembley though.

although wouldn’t underestimate that Arsenal side. Martinelli is a decent player.

Strong team and hope nobody gets injured.
Who will play Central defence if Bednerak or Stephens get injured, or sent off, ahead of Tuesday nights game?
I know I am being unduly cautious but we do need +/- 11 points to be safe.
I still remember the season when we were relatively comfortable at the start of a New Year then hardly got a point as we slid towards relegation before being saved by a dodgy pen v Newcastle which provided a platform to improve.
Recollect that Bournemouth were in a relatively safe position last year before injuries affected them

Edited by spyinthesky

2 minutes ago, Jonnyboy said:

All depends which Ings turns up - injured, wantaway Ings or hungry, fit Ings. 

If Ings scores 2 or 3 the tabloid headlines will be "Want-away Ings sends message to suitors to come and get me".

If Ings has a poor game then the headlines will be "Want-away Ings sends 'sell me' message to Southampton board"

#bollocksheadlineseitherway

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Arsenal - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic