• Ryan Bertrand
    • Ibrahima Diallo
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Stuart Armstrong
    • Theo Walcott
    • Che Adams
    • Danny Ings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/01/21 at 20:00

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 1-0 Arsenal - Match Thread

Good win knocking out the holders. Great tactics by Ralph. No injuries. No complaints whatsoever. 

Thought JWP and Diallo were brilliant in midfield. Would like to see more from the strikers to be honest but I suppose it was Ingsy's first match back. 

Will Wolves be more difficult? I think they actually will because they'll be a very fit team.

Just now, obelisk said:

Always like an away 5th round tie in the West Midlands.

what a damn shame we can't be at some of these games. We've been so impressive during lockdown too. Love the FA away games. Some very special occasions over the years.

2 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Diallo MoM for me. Controlled that midfield, didn’t put a foot wrong all game.

boy is he a good signing. Give it a year and monstrous price tags might be needed to fend off suitors.

• Like 2

Great result. I thought we were dominant for the first hour and managed the last half hour well.

Bednarek my MoM. Mopped up splendidly.

Not a fan of the ref. Giving a corner when it was either a penalty or a goal kick. Booking Stephens for hurdling pepe. Booking bertrand for a foul, a minute after not booking Partey for a similar foul on Bertrand.

k

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Diallo MoM for me. Controlled that midfield, didn’t put a foot wrong all game.

Was a toss up between Diallo, JWP, Bednarek and KWP for me, but gonna give it to JWP as it was yet another complete masterclass. 

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

boy is he a good signing. Give it a year and monstrous price tags might be needed to fend off suitors.

Yep, Diallo is a little gem and I don't think his performances will go unnoticed by other Clubs.   Quite amazing how little work FF has had to do in his three appearances.   A few nervous moments in the last 20 minutes and yet we could have been out of sight if Ings had been his usual clinical self.

Solid win. Excellent first half, would have been nice to grab another goal while we were really on top.

Second half defended well. Barely gave them a chance. Forster only really had to make one save. 

Diallo so impressive. Centre backs had good games too.

12 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Good result, we did enough in the end.

As others have said, Diallo the best player on the pitch. He really is a super midfield talent.

I was thinking at the game's end his quality almost makes up for invisible man of mystery Salisu.

• Like 1