Summer Transfer Window 2021

Dusic

35 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Sergio Romero On a free would be an improvement to our XI, although would need  us to sell another keeper. 

Would be a great signing big upgrade on our keepers

im not adverse to good free transfers, despite all the grief Allerdyce gets he built a very good team at Bolton will some great players a lot of them a signed on free transfers mixed with good solid pros and big money spent well. I bet a lot of Bolton fans in the early nineties never thought they have the likes of Campo, Akotcha, Anelka etc playing for them. It was a good, hard to beat side with a sprinkling of star quality. Not much wrong with that.

17 minutes ago, Turkish said:

im not adverse to good free transfers, despite all the grief Allerdyce gets he built a very good team at Bolton will some great players a lot of them a signed on free transfers mixed with good solid pros and big money spent well. I bet a lot of Bolton fans in the early nineties never thought they have the likes of Campo, Akotcha, Anelka etc playing for them. It was a good, hard to beat side with a sprinkling of star quality. Not much wrong with that.

True...until they ran out of dosh...

1 hour ago, EBS1980 said:

Sergio Romero On a free would be an improvement to our XI, although would need  us to sell another keeper. 

This and then shifting two of them would be the ideal outcome. Where they get shifted to though is the difficult part.

12 hours ago, nta786 said:

I don't know why but I'd remain slightly cautious about Firpo.

Semedo came from Barca too and is perceived as the better player in his peak years but he hasn't exactly set the world alight at Wolves.

I think as long as the price is right, well worth a punt.

I think Semedo has done ok really, Wolves fans seem to like him. Don't think he was worth that £35m fee, but he's clearly a very good PL right back imo.

If Firpo is half as capable then we're sorted.

5 hours ago, tajjuk said:

Why not both for Edouard and Ajer? 

Doubt we'll be able to do any dealings with Celtic though until they sort their manager situation out who IIRC is awaiting a verdict from UEFA because he doesn't have the top coaching licence. 

Ajer is shite. A Norwegian Hoedt

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

Neither are Barcelona, with Aguero, Garcia and potentially Wijnaldum signing on for nowt. Shows there is good value to be had if you’re a big enough name! 

Not breaking the £20 million limit doesn’t bother me because there are relative bargains to be had, you just have to scout well.

23 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Been told no to Firpo then I guess?

Perraud is a great alternative though, highly rated. Good attacking left back.

Leeds baulked at the price though.

The price Leeds baulked at is supposedly £15-18m. How accurate that is who knows, but with him having four years left on his contract and him being one of the best left backs in Ligue 1 this season, they will try to drive a hard bargain. You have to wonder though how cash strapped teams are and if they can turn down even half decent offers.

If you have money this summer it could go a long way. Maybe this is the summer to spend if you want to make a step change improvement.

Edited by Chez

Pretty sure Perraud was also linked in Jan or last summer.

L'Equipe are usually quite on the ball but would be good to read the original as that Saints Extra account doesn't always accurately report what the source says.

2 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Pretty sure Perraud was also linked in Jan or last summer.

L'Equipe are usually quite on the ball but would be good to read the original as that Saints Extra account doesn't always accurately report what the source says.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Romain-perraud-brest-vers-l-angleterre/1259168

The left side of Stade Brestois Romain Perraud will leave Brittany to join the Premier League, where he interests several clubs including Southampton, ready to invest more than € 10 million.

Author of a very good season in L1 with 7 assists and 3 goals, the left side of Stade Brestois Romain Perraud (23) will leave Brittany to join England, where Southampton, Newcastle and Leeds are interested in a transfer which will exceed 10 M €.

After two years at SB29, where he extended in January until 2025, Perraud seems closer to Southampton, which has good relations with the Finistère leaders. The two clubs have already collaborated last summer for the transfer of midfielder Ibrahima Diallo to the Saints , who had approached Perraud this winter. The operation should be completed in the coming days.
Edited by SuperSAINT

Thanks, promising then. Good profile, good price and then French league is closer in style to the PL than some where we have signed players who have failed to adapt.

The scout report on this link is quite an interesting read:

Edited by Dusic

11 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Romain-perraud-brest-vers-l-angleterre/1259168

The left side of Stade Brestois Romain Perraud will leave Brittany to join the Premier League, where he interests several clubs including Southampton, ready to invest more than € 10 million.

Author of a very good season in L1 with 7 assists and 3 goals, the left side of Stade Brestois Romain Perraud (23) will leave Brittany to join England, where Southampton, Newcastle and Leeds are interested in a transfer which will exceed 10 M €.

After two years at SB29, where he extended in January until 2025, Perraud seems closer to Southampton, which has good relations with the Finistère leaders. The two clubs have already collaborated last summer for the transfer of midfielder Ibrahima Diallo to the Saints , who had approached Perraud this winter. The operation should be completed in the coming days.

Can we take advantage of these "good relations with the Finistère leaders" and take Romain Faivre too?

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Been told no to Firpo then I guess?

Perraud is a great alternative though, highly rated. Good attacking left back.

Leeds baulked at the price though.

Maybe Crook was right and Firpo isnt our number 1 target after all

8 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

would be happy with that scoped him out a lot a few months ago but they are trolling us having him signing a contract extension until 2025 back in Jan.

Maybe it was a lets maintain the value and we guarantee we will listen to offers in the summer for 10mil.

Obligatory youtube

10 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good lord....

Great news. With Tella coming through and Walcott signing on a free, keeping Elyounoussi as a third or fourth choice AM would allow us to sell Redmond to a gullible promoted side (or a desperate palace) raising some funds for elsewhere in the squad.

25 minutes ago, rooney said:

seems skilful and pacey from the clip. Not tall though so hope he can cope with the back post.

very busy player, which is exactly what I'd expect of a fullback. The polar opposite of Valery. I was going to say the same thing about the height, but perhaps we have been scarred by Cedric (same height by the way) not leaning into opponents and doing enough to put them off.  I notice from the youtube video that he doesn't mind pinging it long down the channel for willing runner. I wonder if that will knocked out of him, if he joins. 

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

would be happy with that scoped him out a lot a few months ago but they are trolling us having him signing a contract extension until 2025 back in Jan.

Maybe it was a lets maintain the value and we guarantee we will listen to offers in the summer for 10mil.

Obligatory youtube

Has a Cedric feel about him. Same height and defensive qualities. Does seem to offer alot more going forward than Cedric though based on his highlights and stats.

Could be a very good signing

12 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Great news. With Tella coming through and Walcott signing on a free, keeping Elyounoussi as a third or fourth choice AM would allow us to sell Redmond to a gullible promoted side (or a desperate palace) raising some funds for elsewhere in the squad.

The way I read that, the club doesn't want to loan, it wants to sell. 

I actually quite liked what I saw and didn't really understand the hate. Seemed neat and tidy on the ball, just needed a run in the side to find his feet and role...but I guess he just didn't impact the game enough in the games he got so didn't deserve more game time. 

Redmond to Palace. About time the forum got another rumour started. 

4 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Has a Cedric feel about him. Same height and defensive qualities. Does seem to offer alot more going forward than Cedric though based on his highlights and stats.

Could be a very good signing

Three half decent goals maybe make him look a better player than he is. Looks a little stockier than Cedric perhaps, with a little more bite, but not as quick. If he was £5m like Cedric, I think you might be interested, seeing as we need a couple of players. It would be great to see youtube videos of players fucks ups too.

18 hours ago, SKD said:

Do you think Adams would get a game for Everton then? King and Adams are probably about on par with each other

Well if it was straight choice between Adams and King, I'd choose Adams all day, every day and twice on Sunday.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure Josh King hasn't scored in the league for like well over a year, he didn't score in the first half of the championship for Bournemouth so it was baffling he got a move to Everton, where he also didn't score (though barely played), plus he's 29. 

Adams is 5 years younger and just had a season with 9 goals and 5 assists in the PL, not sure how that is even a competition.  Plus I think there is more to come from Adams next year I reckon, could see him getting 12 or so with again 5 or 6 assists. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dusic said:

Thanks, promising then. Good profile, good price and then French league is closer in style to the PL than some where we have signed players who have failed to adapt.

The scout report on this link is quite an interesting read:

Perraud has been linked with us before, and previously I'd read good things about him but that link does highlight a few weaknesses as well.

Surprised we're linked with him if Leeds feel he's overpriced as reported.

14 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good lord....

Oh Christ sake, would love to be proved wrong, but he just isn’t good enough for the  Premier League. 

No pace, no skill, offered nothing before, why would he now?

9 minutes ago, Appy said:

Oh Christ sake, would love to be proved wrong, but he just isn’t good enough for the  Premier League. 

No pace, no skill, offered nothing before, why would he now?

I m sounding like a broken record but Saints never learn.

Sell when his stock is high. They should have done the same thing last season with Forster.

Moi’s stock has never been higher than over the last 3 seasons so why try him out when we all know deep down he won t make it?

Besides after this season he will only have one year left on his deal making him worth nothing if he is shit and next to nothing even if he shines as we won t get a huge transfer fee for him with 12 months left.

So what s the point? None whatsoever, get what you can for him and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I m sounding like a broken record but Saints never learn.

Sell when his stock is high. They should have done the same thing last season with Forster.

Moi’s stock has never been higher than over the last 3 seasons so why try him out when we all know deep down he won t make it?

Besides after this season he will only have one year left on his deal making him worth nothing if he is shit and next to nothing even if he shines as we won t get a huge transfer fee for him with 12 months left.

So what s the point? None whatsoever, get what you can for him and move on.

Why do you think they haven't tried to sell him? Maybe they have... but no-one wants to buy him. 

4 hours ago, Chez said:

very busy player, which is exactly what I'd expect of a fullback. The polar opposite of Valery. I was going to say the same thing about the height, but perhaps we have been scarred by Cedric (same height by the way) not leaning into opponents and doing enough to put them off.  I notice from the youtube video that he doesn't mind pinging it long down the channel for willing runner. I wonder if that will knocked out of him, if he joins. 

No doubt.....we'll soon have him up to speed on passing it backwards or sideways.

43 minutes ago, le_tiss said:

E2J1M5uWUAEPkDn?format=png&name=large

E2J1M5uXIAQF8iS?format=jpg&name=large

E2J1M5tWYAIaIAT?format=png&name=large

Shamelessy stolem from another site 

Stats man

spacer.png

Have no idea about xG etc - but thought it would be of interest

Football by spread sheets. A load of geeks thinking they know more about the sport than people that actually play the sport. Welcome to saintsweb 

48 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Said this last summer, Grujic would be a good addition to our midfield, Liverpool looking to offload by the looks of him. Would rather him than the Japanese fella.

Yeah I saw it say on the BBC gossip column this morning that he is available for £12m. Would be a fairly low-risk signing in a window that we may have to take some risks in other positions.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Good lord....

To be fair, the club have said for a while that he would be getting a chance to impress pre season.

Still wouldn’t rule out him being sold though, should someone make a decent bid. Imagine the ‘he won’t be loaned out line’ is to try and let teams (Celtic) know they won’t be getting a freebie from us.