Jump to content

Any love for Redmond?


Recommended Posts

At half time he couldn’t even do more than 5 keepy ups.  dogshit in the 2nd half, doesn’t hit the target,  ever makes the right decision and moans at his team mates when he passes to no-one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's certainly frustrating to watch at times but that's because he's a good player and you know he's got the ability, seems to be a confidence thing when it comes to crossing or shooting, the rest of his game is fairly good, sometimes he's unplayable, makes all the right runs, great feet, just panics at the crucial times, he's clearly got ability, just need to watch the training videos, so I don't agree when people say he's shite or whatever, could probably do with someone having a rummage around in his brain box, and a nice big cuddle before games, as he's definitely a confidence player 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweet dee said:

He's certainly frustrating to watch at times but that's because he's a good player and you know he's got the ability, seems to be a confidence thing when it comes to crossing or shooting, the rest of his game is fairly good, sometimes he's unplayable, makes all the right runs, great feet, just panics at the crucial times, he's clearly got ability, just need to watch the training videos, so I don't agree when people say he's shite or whatever, could probably do with someone having a rummage around in his brain box, and a nice big cuddle before games, as he's definitely a confidence player 

And therein lies the issue. Everything up to the bits that really matter; passing, crossing, and shooting, he looks great. Then he looks mediocre. He is 27 and "should" be in the prime of his life. Instead he looks like someone who is just trying too hard. 

Someone will get a player who will be good for them, just not us I think now. We should get as much as possible, for our sakes but also for his. He will never be consistently good enough for a team wanting to be in the top half of the PL. 

Time to move on...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has been poor but not really fair to blame him for not being a good emergency wingback. Is filling in way out of position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TWar said:

Has been poor but not really fair to blame him for not being a good emergency wingback. Is filling in way out of position.

It doesn't matter where he plays, he's still shit.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Has been poor but not really fair to blame him for not being a good emergency wingback. Is filling in way out of position.

This is a player who towards the end, could barely get a game for fucking Norwich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He makes me want to gauge my eyes out. We've had 5 years of this moron.

We deserve medals for having to put up with it.

Bet you were saying that when he had a fantastic season in 2018-2019 and got both players player of the year and supporters player of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Bet you were saying that when he had a fantastic season in 2018-2019 and got both players player of the year and supporters player of the year.

I've been pretty consistent with my views on Redmond tbh.

Never rated the guy, a purple patch doesn't change that.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Every match he plays you see that stupid hands on head surprised but grinning face when he messes a chance up..

offers nothing lightweight, hardly ever beats his man/ brain dead can’t finish..

really cant see the point in us signing Walcott if he can’t get in over this dude.. and tella looked instantly better the moment he came on..

but more then anything it’s making me totally sick of Ralph to keep picking him!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Every match he plays you see that stupid hands on head surprised but grinning face when he messes a chance up..

offers nothing lightweight, hardly ever beats his man/ brain dead can’t finish..

really cant see the point in us signing Walcott if he can’t get in over this dude.. and tella looked instantly better the moment he came on..

but more then anything it’s making me totally sick of Ralph to keep picking him!

The look on his face reminds me of mine when playing at a level completely out of my depth,it's a shame but I think his time is done here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Today he was stood level with the 18 yard line with his hands on his hips,  looking right across the line,  and still managed to be a yard offside when the pass came... 🥺 his defending for the second goal was something you wouldn't expect your under nines to mess up.  When he gets the ball in attacking areas, he stops dead,  slows the game,  and invariably loses it. If there is talent in there, it's rarely shown. 

Edited by Micky
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Micky said:

Today he was stood purveyors with the 18 yard line with his hands on his hips,  looking right across the line,  and still managed to be a yard offside when the pass came... 🥺 his defending for the second goal was something you wouldn't expect your under nines to mess up.  When he gets the ball in attacking areas, he stops dead,  slows the game,  and invariably loses it. If there is talent in there, it's rarely shown. 

Was this the situation he still complained at the ref about? That's another thing that does him no favours, it's always everyone else's fault. He never takes responsibility for anything.

He played a pass in field which was aimed at Armstrong, but it was pathetically shit and played behind him, JWP picked it up I think. He still waved his arms at Armstrong though. He must infuriate the group as much as us fans.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

Bet you were saying that when he had a fantastic season in 2018-2019 and got both players player of the year and supporters player of the year.

That was the exception in his career. Never played to that standard before, or since.

Didn't he secure a new contract on the back of that season? Then reverted to default position - shit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sideways Jim said:

The sooner this c**t is out of our club the better it will be

 

 

As I said on another thread, if my nine year old did that in his team, the manager would hook him straight away. Totally unacceptable for a so called Premier League player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Redmond does have some ability but that picture sums him up. He is mentally weak, downs tools when anything goes against him and has zero footballing brain. Sadly I don't think anyone will be taking him so we will be stuck with him for another season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sideways Jim said:

The sooner this c**t is out of our club the better it will be

 

 

Yep,  that's the incident I quoted in an earlier post.  Seems I wasn't the only one who noticed it.  Absolutely criminal at this level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Micky said:

Yep,  that's the incident I quoted in an earlier post.  Seems I wasn't the only one who noticed it.  Absolutely criminal at this level. 

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. No player should ever have his hands on his hips whilst the ball is in play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Micky said:

Yep,  that's the incident I quoted in an earlier post.  Seems I wasn't the only one who noticed it.  Absolutely criminal at this level. 

And this was  before he made that air shot attempted clearance that led to the first goal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I’m done with him to be honest. Absolutely done

For me, he is the worst kind of footballer, within which he HAS ability but rarely has the aptitude to actually use it... certainly not in any meaningful way

- Consistently blames others for his poor passes, tactical reaction or tracking back

- He’s given about 3 pens away this year by literally running into people in the box

- Despite actually being a good dribbler of the ball he literally NEVER takes his man on... preferring to stop play... I actually thought this was a tactical thing but its been consistent over every manager he’s ever played for

- Bad footballing brain, often choosing to just sky it from 30 yards instead of finding a pass, recycling possession or dribbling

- That fucking grin and surprised exclamation he has when one of his ‘wasteful’ shots doesn’t come off... He did it yesterday when he missed from 7 yards out 😂😫

It beggars belief that we played him infront of an inform Che after his Scotland call up and Tella over the last 2/3 games.... how the fuck did he get 90 mins yesterday 

Edited by Smirking_Saint
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

I’m done with him to be honest. Absolutely done

For me, he is the worst kind of footballer, within which he HAS ability but rarely has the aptitude to actually use it... certainly not in any meaningful way

- Consistently blames others for his poor passes, tactical reaction or tracking back

- He’s given about 3 pens away this year by literally running into people in the box

- Despite actually being a good dribbler of the ball he literally NEVER takes his man on... preferring to stop play... I actually thought this was a tactical thing but its been consistent over every manager he’s ever played for

- Bad footballing brain, often choosing to just sky it from 30 yards instead of finding a pass, recycling possession or dribbling

- That fucking grin and surprised exclamation he has when one of his ‘wasteful’ shots doesn’t come off... He did it yesterday when he missed from 7 yards out 😂😫

It beggars belief that we played him infront of an inform Che after his Scotland call up and Tella over the last 2/3 games.... how the fuck did he get 90 mins yesterday 

He put one into the side netting against Leeds too. 

I've always felt that he would come good if given enought time but he seems to have gone backwards. Yesterday was very poor.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Words cannot describe how bad he is. Horrendous footballer and someone who should be sold to anyone with any interest in him.

 

The grin makes me want to do unspeakable things to nice people

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saint_stevo said:

Words cannot describe how bad he is. Horrendous footballer and someone who should be sold to anyone with any interest in him.

 

The grin makes me want to do unspeakable things to nice people

Well, there are plenty of words on this forum that have attempted to do just that.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

What annoys me is not only Redmond a deadweight for most games that he starts, but the signal it sends to other players. Take Djenepo for example. I'm not sure in all honesty if he is good enough. But I would certainly like to see more of him to really test that out. He had a stand out game against Chelsea when we drew 1-1, and was widely most peoples man of the match. Really gusty performance with heart and desire as he got booted all over the pitch. 

Since that performance his minutes look like this (also includes 2 FA Cup starts). How on earth is he meant to get a run of form together when he gets chopped and changed so much?

image.png.070bafcd736a8d54d5c4a5f8f2ba8ba3.png

 

Compare that to how Redmond was treated after his standout performance against Bournemouth, plus he started against Leicester in the semis. 

image.thumb.png.6c062279420bc3c5b93a365f2ce6a09e.png

Not only does Redmond start nearly every game, he gets to see out a 90 rather than getting hooked. It's such a poor and demotivating signal to the rest of the team

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})