Romain Perraud - Official: Loan to Nice

TWar

8 hours ago, Dusic said:

Reports from Portugal suggest Porto are interested in Perraud.

Hopefully we have an agreement in place.

Even if we have there's no reason we can't be 'gazumped' until it's all signed and delivered. 

Not that we'll ever admit it, await the press release of a frail and weedy 5'2" new signing when we say he was our first choice whose career we've trailed since he was a foetus.

Edited by Badger
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Badger said:

Even if we have there's no reason we can't be 'gazumped' until it's all signed and delivered. 

Not that we'll ever admit it, await the press release of a frail and weedy 5'2" new signing when we say he was our first choice whose career we've trailed since he was a foetus.

I sense a bit of synicism 🤣🤣

Tom Leach suggesting the reason for us delaying this until the beginning of July is to get it on next years accounts as some here suspected:

"The main reason for such delays are financial with clubs keen to ensure transfer deals show up on next season’s accounts, not this season’s, following a campaign that has financially crippled a large numbers of clubs due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-romain-perraud-deals-5569196

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Tom Leach suggesting the reason for us delaying this until the beginning of July is to get it on next years accounts as some here suspected:

"The main reason for such delays are financial with clubs keen to ensure transfer deals show up on next season’s accounts, not this season’s, following a campaign that has financially crippled a large numbers of clubs due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/transfer-news/southampton-transfer-romain-perraud-deals-5569196

Relate John Stamos GIF by Grandfathered

1 hour ago, TWar said:

If he goes elsewhere due to the usual SFC inertia,it won't show up in either season.

2 hours ago, TWar said:

Doesn’t make any sense, there’s no reason why any potential deal couldn’t come into effect on 1st July if that really was an issue, which I also doubt.

3 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Perraud not in the France squad for the Olympics which is good news if he does sign.

Wonder if we blocked it, apparently we were going to be consulted as he was in talks to become our player I read somewhere.

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

It isn't 'extra', all players are expected to follow fitness programmes over the summer.

Where have you seen confirmation that the images were of the expected fitness programme and not extra fitness training?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It isn't 'extra', all players are expected to follow fitness programmes over the summer.

Meteorologically, summer extends to the end of August, thus including all of pre-season and the start of the league  and league cup campaigns.

Please could you explain what you mean by summer, so I can fully understand the point you’re trying to make?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes they all get basic fitness programmes for maintainence purposes, but some players take it upon themselves to work with qualified fitness coaches to push themselves further

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChrisPY said:

Where have you seen confirmation that the images were of the expected fitness programme and not extra fitness training?

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Meteorologically, summer extends to the end of August, thus including all of pre-season and the start of the league  and league cup campaigns.

Please could you explain what you mean by summer, so I can fully understand the point you’re trying to make?

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Yes they all get basic fitness programmes for maintainence purposes, but some players take it upon themselves to work with qualified fitness coaches to push themselves further

MLG is going to be like a hungry great white shark with blood in the water after these replies :) 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, saint lard said:

KWP has been putting in one hell of an effort on fitness these past couple of weeks. 
Working alongside Dele Alli. 

Our fullbacks will be fiercely athletic when/if Perraud signs, lovely for the high press

• Like 1

Below is the Perraud part from The Athletic article: 

Southampton are closing in on the signing of Stade Brest defender Romain Perraud.

The Athletic understands the St Mary’s side have agreed on a fee with the Ligue 1 team and have also agreed to personal terms with the 23-year-old. Everything is in place for the deal to go ahead and be signed off at the beginning of July, which is when the new financial year starts.

Sources have told The Athletic the only way a move falls through at this stage is if the player’s medical isn’t satisfactory or if another team makes a late attempt and blows Southampton’s offer out of the water.

Fellow Premier League sides Newcastle, West Ham and Leeds have all been tracking the highly-rated defender but manager Ralph Hasenhuttl has met with the left-back and it’s understood that Perraud has made it clear he wants to sign for the south-coast side.

Hasenhuttl makes a point of meeting potential new arrivals, and how they come across during the conversation is a crucial part of the decision-making process. Perraud will already know St Mary’s midfielder Ibrahima Diallo from their time together at Stade Brest.

Should this deal go through, Perraud will become the club’s second signing of the summer after they turned Theo Walcott’s loan move into a permanent one, with the 32-year-old penning a two-year contract. The club are prioritising strengthening their defence this summer, which became even more pertinent when it was announced Ryan Bertrand would be leaving once his contract expires this week.

19 hours ago, saint lard said:

KWP has been putting in one hell of an effort on fitness these past couple of weeks. 

Is this a joke, or a barbed comment about their off the field summer antics ?

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

Is this a joke, or a barbed comment about their off the field summer antics ?

No its accurate, they are posting pictures of themselves working out and training in Dubai

21 hours ago, saint lard said:

So what your saying is ...................................................we need a new right back already.

13 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

let's hope saints get this done. Be typical of us to be gazumped so late into the negotiations. 

Probably a story his agent's fed as a final throw of the dice to secure a more lucrative move.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Probably a story his agent's fed as a final throw of the dice to secure a more lucrative move.

Doubt that, its not so much of a story as a factual statement.

All the clubs have known he is available and at what price for ages so you would hope any interest would already have been declared.

Reality is, given the size of club we are the deal could be hikacked - until its signed anything can happen. But clearly its very advanced so hopefully gets done shortly as seems a great buy at a good price.

Hi,

I subscribed here last year, when Diallo became a saints, and i told you he is a good crack. Pretty sure his second season is going to be even more better! 

Apparently, you're going now to buy our left defender. We bought him from Nice two years ago, no playing time for him there, and a very good deal for us. One year before was playing in the French second division (Paris FC), and became the best left defender of the season.

When Romain arrived in Brest, the first part of his first season here was a bit difficult, helped a lot for attacks, but difficult in defense. He started to be really good after mid-season, especially against Rennes in February 2020, i was in the stadium for this Brittany's derby, our best player on the field and a nice draw for us. This last season, he became one the best left defender of Ligue 1 after a few weeks, unfortunately, since january a lot of problem's in the team, and he couldn't continue with the same statistics.

I hope he is going to continue to improve with your team, but i'm sure he will, he is kind of player always trying to progress, and a good teammate. 

I was watching your games, sometimes, happy to follow Diallo, i'm going now to be a real fan :) . 

• Like 32

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Not sure it's a story. I think GFFN are an aggregator and since it doesn't have a source ascribed it seems more like an opinion to me from the guy running that twitter.

2 hours ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi,

I subscribed here last year, when Diallo became a saints, and i told you he is a good crack. Pretty sure his second season is going to be even more better! 

Apparently, you're going now to buy our left defender. We bought him from Nice two years ago, no playing time for him there, and a very good deal for us. One year before was playing in the French second division (Paris FC), and became the best left defender of the season.

When Romain arrived in Brest, the first part of his first season here was a bit difficult, helped a lot for attacks, but difficult in defense. He started to be really good after mid-season, especially against Rennes in February 2020, i was in the stadium for this Brittany's derby, our best player on the field and a nice draw for us. This last season, he became one the best left defender of Ligue 1 after a few weeks, unfortunately, since january a lot of problem's in the team, and he couldn't continue with the same statistics.

I hope he is going to continue to improve with your team, but i'm sure he will, he is kind of player always trying to progress, and a good teammate. 

I was watching your games, sometimes, happy to follow Diallo, i'm going now to be a real fan :) . 

Thanks for posting.

I love it when fans from other clubs pop along and share snippets and info like this.

Hoping we get the deal done, and looking forward to seeing what he can do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi,

Thx for the write up! Any chance we could get Romain Faivre off you? 😉

56 minutes ago, Suhari said:

Thanks for posting.

I love it when fans from other clubs pop along and share snippets and info like this.

Hoping we get the deal done, and looking forward to seeing what he can do.

This too. Hopefully we get the deal done and looking forward to seeing him in action.

11 hours ago, Dusic said:

Thanks Marco - how would you describe his game? Strengths/weaknesses etc.

He is fast and robust, not afraid with contact's. He has got also a nice vision of the game, and real quality's with his left foot for sending nice centre, and for shooting with power. Only 1 injured during two season here. 

For sure, in Premier League, the bad point will be heads (1 m 73), especially for corners and free kicks. He likes shooting, but sometimes it's a bit two much (for me), has to improve for taking the right decision when attacking. He is kind of player who really like to go ahead, so he is sometimes late for defending. 

I look forward to seeing him in Premier League, his game seem's to be compatible. If he continues to improve with you guy's, i won't be surprised if he become an international  player. 

10 hours ago, stevy777_x said:

Thx for the write up! Any chance we could get Romain Faivre off you? 😉

For Romain Faivre, do you have enough money? :) If you buy Perraud, not sure our club will let him go too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marco fortuné said:

He is fast and robust, not afraid with contact's. He has got also a nice vision of the game, and real quality's with his left foot for sending nice centre, and for shooting with power. Only 1 injured during two season here. 

For sure, in Premier League, the bad point will be heads (1 m 73), especially for corners and free kicks. He likes shooting, but sometimes it's a bit two much (for me), has to improve for taking the right decision when attacking. He is kind of player who really like to go ahead, so he is sometimes late for defending. 

I look forward to seeing him in Premier League, his game seem's to be compatible. If he continues to improve with you guy's, i won't be surprised if he become an international  player. 

For Romain Faivre, do you have enough money? :) If you buy Perraud, not sure our club will let him go too. 

Good insight but is definitely a gamble with our already leaky defence. Seems we may have to coach defending into him.

Certainly seems Ralph wants two attacking fullbacks no question.

May be a little more unpredictable than Betrand was.

21 hours ago, Marco fortuné said:

Hi,

Welcome to the maison de fous! :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Antrimsaint said:

Good insight but is definitely a gamble with our already leaky defence. Seems we may have to coach defending into him.

Certainly seems Ralph wants two attacking fullbacks no question.

May be a little more unpredictable than Betrand was.

Given how he was tinkering with the formation at the end of the season, and the statement that we will see much more of Salisu next season, maybe Ralph is thinking of going 3-4-3/5-3-2 next season?

In any event, it will be nice to have good attacking fullbacks on both flanks.

2 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Given how he was tinkering with the formation at the end of the season, and the statement that we will see much more of Salisu next season, maybe Ralph is thinking of going 3-4-3/5-3-2 next season?

The tweak was due to not having a natural left back with Bertrand unavailable. I doubt we'll shift much from 4222 when Perraud and Walker-Peters are available.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Minsk said:

In any event, it will be nice to have good attacking fullbacks on both flanks.

I know what our fans are like. Its a risk/reward strategy. Its the kind that can leave gaps and get boos as a result .

should be exciting though

16 minutes ago, Antrimsaint said:

I know what our fans are like. Its a risk/reward strategy. Its the kind that can leave gaps and get boos as a result .

should be exciting though

If the system works then the two DMs should cover the full backs when they go forward. It didn't work last season without Romeu though

3 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

If the system works then the two DMs should cover the full backs when they go forward. It didn't work last season without Romeu though

So underrated. No coincidence our team fell apart when he got injured.

If we are a one man team its Romeu not Ings who is that man

• Lighthouse changed the title to Romain Perraud - Official: Signs 4 Year Contract
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Romain Perraud - Official: Loan to Nice