Romain Perraud - Official: Loan to Nice

TWar

Love it when fullbacks have a smash from that kind of position, wish it had gone in. It’s the biggest difference between this season and last IMO. Having three quality fullbacks gives us the options and the rotation Ralph has been craving to play with this intensity. The second half of last season it was just KWP, when fit, and Bertrand stamping his timesheet on the other side.

• Like 4

He's a bit infectious isn't he, really tenacious style to his play and isn't beaten all too often. He's not slow either as he caught up with Moura and Son on a few occasions.

I love the guys heart and desire, he's not flashy but he's full of effort.

• Like 3

I'm repeating myself: big fan of Perraud.

Tenacious, energetic, niggly, committed. A left footer at left back: likes to throw an early cross in. I love KWP, but we need an proper LB at LB! Seems we have one.

Good signing and is getting better.

Will love it when he scores a screamer from 25 yards.

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I think there's a whiff of Vignal about him. Committed, French LB. Not a world beater but has the potential to be a bit of a cult hero with his tenacity.

I had forgotten about Vignal. The only other French LB I remember us having was Colleter in the late 90s, but from what I remember he was a bit too casual so it's not a fair comparison to make. 

15 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Colleter was an an absolute nutter!

My memory is failing me then. 

Edit: In fairness I didn't get to watch many games around that time because I was working most weekends. I only remember him scoring a cracker against Charlton (I think?) and he fell out of favour when Hoddle charge.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I had forgotten about Vignal. The only other French LB I remember us having was Colleter in the late 90s, but from what I remember he was a bit too casual so it's not a fair comparison to make. 

Wasn’t Olivier Bernard French and ‘played’ at left back?

We only need A.Armstrong to start having a few better performances and pretty much all our recent signings would be successful I think.  Even Elyounoussi is contributing. 

Perraud looks like he took a little while to settle to the league but really good he didn't let basically a teenager and a right back (playing left back) taking his place get him down, fought to earn his place back with good performances. 

You'd have to argue that Tino would struggle to get back into the team now, as both Perraud and  KWP are playing really well. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Manuel said:

Decent again today.  You can see the improvement since he joined.  So busy and another who seems to have got up to speed in super quick time. 

Yes and I'm liking the fact that, even though he's a full back, he is not shy on getting deep into the opposition territory and having efforts on goal. He's been unlucky so far but is certainly due for one to go in.

Hes been super throughout his recent run in the side. Cant believe some questioned his ability after a matter of 2/3 games - a new player in a new team, playing in a much more physical league. Many foreign signings take time to adapt, and hes showing excellent form only 6 months in. Would have given him a full season to find his feet but hes exceeded expectations.

• Like 1

Very glad his performances are on the up. As recently as the Swansea game I expressed reservations about him, I thought he was poor again that night. He’s definitely going in the right direction though and has been very impressive in the past few games. Long may it continue, it’s obviously much nicer to have a proper lefty playing at left back.

1 hour ago, Teddeer said:

Yes and I'm liking the fact that, even though he's a full back, he is not shy on getting deep into the opposition territory and having efforts on goal. He's been unlucky so far but is certainly due for one to go in.

That’s one of the resins we bought him I thought - think he scored a few last season and got a few assists - could be wrong tho 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/12/2021 at 13:17, Saint86 said:

I think he's good. He's unlucky to not be starting tbh. Our best rb is also unlucky to be playing out of position. 

See no reason to change this appraisal, although Livramento has picked up again since he's been back. Still think our best two are perraud and kwp though. 

Perraud is class, great attacking and recovery stats from ligue 1 last season and you can see why now.

• Like 3

Looks another good signing. Really tenacious player, gets tight to people and is solid on the ball.

Only thing we haven't seen is an ability to beat his man in the final third and cross, but his off the ball running is good.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

It took him a while, but I think that's because he wasn't the sort of player I was expecting. I was looking for a KWP type at left back, which is why I was maybe a little underwhelmed at the start.

But. he's tenacious, terrier-like. He hasn't got the driving runs or skill of KWP, but he has heart and the right attitude and that alone immediately upgrades our LB position for the last 3 years.

29 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Looks another good signing. Really tenacious player, gets tight to people and is solid on the ball.

Only thing we haven't seen is an ability to beat his man in the final third and cross, but his off the ball running is good.

His crossing doesnt require him to beat the man. I don't think he has dribbling ability in his locker but he doesn't really need it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
30 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Perraud has got a good shot on him but that's about it. Really can't see anything that impressive so far.

He was our best player yesterday. Aggressive, huge workrate and not afraid to have a shot unlike far too many others. Having watches MotD last night, they should've had a penalty for one of his challenges and he got away with an assault in the corner but at least he got stuck into them and gave them a rough afternoon

Edited by Viking Saint
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Romain Perraud - Official: Loan to Nice