Other Games 21/22

whelk

6 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Anyone else wanting Huddersfield up?

Nottingham would be a good away day and they've been long missed from the PL but think Huddersfield the likelier to go down should they get promoted.

Not that fussed myself. But since Huddersfield finished third and haven't been in the Prem before (or have they?). And as stated are most likely to go down again. I guess I could get behind them.

Forest have been really good this year though too. Both teams worthy.

Edited by BotleySaint

2 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Not that fussed myself. But since Huddersfield finished third and haven't been in the Prem before (or have they?). And as stated are most likely to go down again. I guess I could get behind them.

Forest have been really good this year though too. Both teams worthy.

They were in the Prem fairly recently, David Wagner I think was their boss?

I'd prefer Forest up but I think they have a fair few loan players that they might struggle to retain/replace.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nta786 said:

Anyone else wanting Huddersfield up?

Nottingham would be a good away day and they've been long missed from the PL but think Huddersfield the likelier to go down should they get promoted.

Forest for me. Always quite liked Forest and be decent to have someone else come up, must be 20 years or more since they were in the premier league. Huddersfield is a decent day out as well though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Not a good moment for that Levi lad.

Bit unlucky really.

Previously linked Joe Worrall has been skinned a couple of times out by the touchline which means he'd be a good fit for us to replace Bednarek.

2 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

Huddersfield fans must be livid. The first pen shout was a dive, but the second was one blatant contact.

No idea why it wasn't properly reviewed. 

But, in the end they did fail to really test the Forest keeper(s).

Wasn’t even checked by the look of it.

im pleased Forest went up but really poor decision. 

what a job Steve cooper has done. Forest look a good side. 

Forest lost 6 of their first 7 matches of the season under Hughton and were 24th when Cooper was appointed. Some turnaround with just 6 losses across the rest of the season. See how they get on in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Forest lost 6 of their first 7 matches of the season under Hughton and were 24th when Cooper was appointed. Some turnaround with just 6 losses across the rest of the season. See how they get on in the Premier League.

They had some brilliant cup victories on the way also

13 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Quite. And there was plenty of the old-boys-network weeping and moaning about how could they sack such a great football man like their old mate "Chrissy" Hughton, he needed time and it was knee jerk and all that crap.

He was dreadful for Forest.  

Cooper has been absolutely unbelievable. Brilliant stuff. 

Personally haven't been impressed by Forest in the Bmth game, two playoff legs and this final. They have a couple of players above the level of the rest but they aren't packed with loads of quality.

Clearly their defence has got them promoted but that will be tested much more next season - Huddersfield looked woeful going forward and Sheff Utd had midfielders up front due to injuries.

Not a vintage year for the Championship.

Edited by Dusic

4 minutes ago, Dusic said:

Personally haven't been impressed by Forest in the Bmth game, two playoff legs and this final. They have a couple of players above the level of the rest but they aren't packed with loads of quality.

Clearly their defence has got them promoted but that will be tested much more next season - Huddersfield looked woeful going forward and Sheff Utd had midfielders up front due to injuries.

Not a vintage year for the Championship.

You obviously didn’t see their cup games against Liverpool Arsenal and Leicester they were bloody brilliant. Lost 12 games all season, 6 of them were their first 7. Steve cooper has done an amazing job. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Rangnick now not taking on consultancy role

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61625695

Perhaps his less than stellar run after Ole went, has resulted in a change of heart. Or perhaps Ten Hag wasn't keen.

Whatever the reason, a bit of a shambles.

A bit?! That an understatement!

What a basket case of a club. You love to see it. Glory glory indeed….

Edited by The Kraken

Rangnick didn’t have a cat in hell’s chance. The vile Cabal of players in the squad downed tools after about the second or third training session. I wouldn’t want to be that Ten Hag guy unless he’s given free reign to bin off about seven - nine players.

6 hours ago, adrian lord said:

Rangnick didn’t have a cat in hell’s chance. The vile Cabal of players in the squad downed tools after about the second or third training session. I wouldn’t want to be that Ten Hag guy unless he’s given free reign to bin off about seven - nine players.

What a job. Came in for 6 months, sad everything and everyone is shit, then left.

genuinely think anyone could have done that!