Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

23 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

This is the Saints transfer thread, he is a Saints player moving clubs.

He is moving to another club.

I hardly think he is;

1) Actually moving football clubs to new locations.

2) Transporting items like golf clubs or medieval clubs or even club biscuits to other locations.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, trousers said:

Yeah... can you imagine anyone caring enough to take the time to post that they would be amazed if anyone actually cares...? ;)

Personally, I did care for the post highlighting that it is unlikely many people care. However, the post suggesting people may not care about people having posted their views on caring did not sit so well. In short, I did not care for it.

I think. Confused myself a bit to be honest. Still not recovered from all the jizz stuff earlier.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Ralph hardly shutting the door on KWP leaving...

He’s not daft, I personally think he’ll stay but Ralph knows if someone comes in with silly money then he’ll be off. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

That makes me nervous.

Ralph clearly didn’t want to talk about any transfer speculation at all. Loved the way he shut down Adam Blackmores Tino Werner speculation but he didn’t deny it either. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I did not say the band were from Taunton. Given they are a Somerset band, they could pop along to the street party if they still live in the county.

Sorry Matthew, unacceptable, we have come to expect much more from you.

5 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

That makes me nervous.

Having just watched the press conference it was more of a general statement of not wanting to discuss possible incomings or outgoings as a response to the KWP question (which was repeated when asked about the possibilities of signing Werner). Think he just knows we like to keep our transfer dealings quiet rather than alluding to anything actively going on. Admittedly some sort of statement that there are players we know we want to keep would have been nice though.

Wasn't much more to the conference really though was interesting that he put our end of season collapse more down to mental fatigue than physical.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, manji said:

Ralph clearly didn’t want to talk about any transfer speculation at all. Loved the way he shut down Adam Blackmores Tino Werner speculation but he didn’t deny it either. 

1 minute ago, Saint Garrett said:

We’ve enquired, long shot though. 

The "I knew him at my old club" transfer! 😉

Pellegrino - Carrillo

Hasenhüttl - Werner

(Werner is clearly a lot better than Carrillo)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Seeing as KwP has been linked away all summer, we are obviously open to selling him

Imagine we'd be open to selling anyone for the right price... Someone offers us £150m for JWP we'd be stark raving mental not to take it.

50 minutes ago, SambaMaverick said:

Ralph hardly shutting the door on KWP leaving...

41 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

That makes me nervous.

As others have alluded to, it was a  "sigh, here we go again" response from Ralph about transfer speculation in general. KWP just happened to be the first player mentioned by the journos. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He also didn't rule out signing Timo Werner, does that mean we are signing him? Hasenhüttl refused to comment on anyone in or out.

Our best transfers tend to happen without fanfare and quickly. The more a player is talked about the less likely it seems we are to land them.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Imagine we'd be open to selling anyone for the right price... Someone offers us £150m for JWP we'd be stark raving mental not to take it.

We have said others are not for sale before - ward-prowse for example

28 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

Just now, AlexLaw76 said:

We have said others are not for sale before - ward-prowse for example

But if someone as Saint86 said offered £150m that stance of 'not for sale' would rightly vanish. Every player at every club has a price they'd be sold for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trousers said:

As others have alluded to, it was a  "sigh, here we go again" response from Ralph about transfer speculation in general. KWP just happened to be the first player mentioned by the journos. 

I didn’t listen, and just read the text, I will stop worrying 

1 hour ago, trousers said:

Change in approach from Ralph as he is normally quite open in talking about transfers in the media.

Perhaps, £50m in, we have reached the stage where we need to sell to buy?

Would not be unreasonable.

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

But if someone as Saint86 said offered £150m that stance of 'not for sale' would rightly vanish. Every player at every club has a price they'd be sold for.

Then why has Ralph repeatedly said JwP is not for sale?

8 hours ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Not sure why anyone would take this account seriously,called "LOL". 

"Deal in negotiation until January 2026" ?? - Does this mean we'll be negotiating until then with a view to him joining in about 3and half years time ? If not, pretty silly to see the contract end mid-season.

Should re-title the account "fuck-wits on the web".

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

Not sure why anyone would take this account seriously,called "LOL". 

"Deal in negotiation until January 2026" ?? - Does this mean we'll be negotiating until then with a view to him joining in about 3and half years time ? If not, pretty silly to see the contract end mid-season.

Should re-title the account "fuck-wits on the web".

But it says "Excl" right there, which is journalistic for "exclusive".

He knows his stuff.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Then why has Ralph repeatedly said JwP is not for sale?

My wife is not for sale. But offer me £1bn and I might consider it. 

#notreallyadifficultconcepttograspunlessyoureabitdim

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

But it says "Excl" right there, which is journalistic for "exclusive".

He knows his stuff.

I stand corrected. 

But going MLG mode for a moment - being a journalist and a "fuck wit" are not mutually exclusive.

Won't bother with the diagram.

Just going back to the actual topic of Saints signing someone...

I tend to agree with this:

1 hour ago, coalman said:

Our best transfers tend to happen without fanfare and quickly. The more a player is talked about the less likely it seems we are to land them.

With that in mind, maybe ally_uk has got the right approach (see below). I must admit I have done similar things myself in the past. I mentioned a few names that came out of doing so a week or two ago. Like ally, I focussed on top scorers in other leagues (especially younger ones) and I also looked at younger players from clubs like Man City and Chelsea. Even so, Saints will still bring a rabbit out of the hat that none of us have foreseen and I am looking forward to when they do! :)

8 hours ago, ally_uk said:

So lads I've been busy this morning I set out lumper and the scout team to snoop out a couple of geezers up top for us. I've only done a few leagues and I have added height to see if we have any Units that can act as a targetman. 

My own personal preference: Mousa Dembele - why? Has done it on a consistent basis 👏  

Emil Ris and that Gyokeres require further investigations 🔎  

An ideal situation: Dembele or that Austrian Peter crouch lad in on a permanent. 

And someone on loan maybe from below....

So here are my reports: 

Championship ####

joel piroe               22 goals    5.10
Viktor Gyokeres  17 goals     5.10
Ben Bereton Diaz  22 goals   5.10
Emil Ris                  16 goals    6.2  *

French Ligue 1 ####

Martin Terrier      21 goals   5.10
Mousa Dembele  21 goals  5.10
Andy Derlot     ( age 30 )  18 goals    5.10

Italy serie A ###

Andrea Pinamonti  13 goals  5.10

That having been said, I must admit I was momentarily fooled (and excited) by the fake Twitter post about Kalajdžić and would be excited if we did manage to sign him! :)

19 minutes ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

That having been said, I must admit I was momentarily fooled (and excited) by the fake Twitter post about Kalajdžić and would be excited if we did manage to sign him! :)

Think he's the best option touted to date. 

Seems a shame though that we have to wait until he's come to realise the more illustrious moves are off the table . Just hope we don't leave this for him to go elsewhere or stay at Stuttgart at the 11th hour.

Edited by Badger
  • Like 1