Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

11 hours ago, Saint Scott said:

Adam Blackmore pretty much confirming we aren't in for Broja on a Twitter Q&A tonight. Having spoken to people in the club they didn't think he achieved enough, which is a fair assessment. 

Time for fans to move on from him now, he won't be moving to Southampton

To be fair it was pretty obvious to most that he didn't show enough quality or score enough goals to justify the hype or alleged price tag. Now we are down to the nuts and bolts end of the transfer window it is also telling that other PL clubs aren't exactly queuing up for his signature. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

To be fair it was pretty obvious to most that he didn't show enough quality or score enough goals to justify the hype or alleged price tag. Now we are down to the nuts and bolts end of the transfer window it is also telling that other PL clubs aren't exactly queuing up for his signature. 

Didn t have the quality? He outperformed all our strikers combined whilst also having an inconsistent season. 
Put that into perspective that the bloke is 20 and only going to get better…

Laughable to say he wasn t all that when he was clealy the talk in town up until the end of Feb.

It s as if he was made scapegoat for our poor form in the last 3 months when he carried us for 60% of the season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miserableoldgit said:

Believe me I am well aware of the Spitfire connection (you should see my bookshelf and pictures on the wall in my hallway). but unless I am missing something I can't actually see influence on the shirt.

The dark green and black shirt features a subtle detail design, taking reference from propellor blades.

The shirt features four stripes on either side of the shirt, in yellow, white, red and blue, taking inspiration from the RAF Roundel. The kit is matched with dark green shorts and green and black socks. The socks also feature the four stripes inspired by the RAF Roundel.

I think it’s a pretty dreadful kit, mind.

19 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Didn t have the quality? He outperformed all our strikers combined whilst also having an inconsistent season. 

Laughable to say he wasn t all that when he was clealy the talk in town up until the end of Feb.

It s as if he was made scapegoat for our poor form in the last 3 months when he carried us for 60% of the season.

How did he outperform out other strikers? 

less goals than Che, less assists the Che and A.Armstrong

less goal contributions per minute than Adam Armstrong who is apparently the worst player to ever play for us

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The dark green and black shirt features a subtle detail design, taking reference from propellor blades.

The shirt features four stripes on either side of the shirt, in yellow, white, red and blue, taking inspiration from the RAF Roundel. The kit is matched with dark green shorts and green and black socks. The socks also feature the four stripes inspired by the RAF Roundel.

I think it’s a pretty dreadful kit, mind.

Oh....OK.....very subtle. I wouldn't have picked up on it without an explanation. I thought that the multicolour bit was a reference to the "Rainbow" flag! Also. apart from the design/development and building of the Spitfire at Supermarine, I don't think that Southampton has had much direct connection to the RAF. Just seems an odd theme to chose.

Edited by miserableoldgit

If he chooses to go to Everton then as a player you can see exactly the sort he is, and West Ham will probably have dodged a bullet. Seemingly motivated by money and money alone. Obviously footballers will always be motivated by money to a point, but there are players who are a little more switched on to the footballing reasons as it will benefit their career at the end of the day.

Maybe the dugouts have made all the difference.

• Like 1

Just now, Ken Tone said:

You're probably right,  but what I don't get is how they can afford that fee and high wages. Thought they were on the verge of FFP trouble? 

You only have to look at Barcelona to see that FFP is a load of utter bilge.

56 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Nope that scapegoating and poor form was all to the manager but you cannot deny after the West Ham cup game he was poor.

I think it’s irrelevant anyway he will go somewhere else and we shouldn’t pay £30m for him either

2 hours ago, MAY-Z said:

How did he outperform out other strikers? 

less goals than Che, less assists the Che and A.Armstrong

less goal contributions per minute than Adam Armstrong who is apparently the worst player to ever play for us

Have a look at the goals in all competitions, he clearly scored more than Che and AA combined

4 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

KWP being front and centre of the third kit announcement. That's promising.

As was pointed out to me yesterday, he has three years left on is contract, so we are in the driving seat so to speak. Next summer is the one when a new contract/player sale decision really will need to be made to avoid him leaving for buttons (which is financial suicide for a club of our size). At some point though, we are going to have to accept that a player we rate highly will be sold to balance the books. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chez said:

As was pointed out to me yesterday, he has three years left on is contract, so we are in the driving seat so to speak. Next summer is the one when a new contract/player sale decision really will need to be made to avoid him leaving for buttons (which is financial suicide for a club of our size). At some point though, we are going to have to accept that a player we rate highly will be sold to balance the books. 

And at which point, Tino will be back. So whilst he would still be a big loss, we can replace him knowing that we already have Tino there who could make that position his own. 

As i mentioned on another thread, I'm all for our strategy and I accept our place, but it's all about selling at the right time so it doesn't work in a negative way to the club.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Have a look at the goals in all competitions, he clearly scored more than Che and AA combined

Broja - League: 6    FA Cup: 1   EFL Cup: 2   Total: 9

Adams - League: 7   FA Cup: 0   EFL Cup: 1   Total: 8

Armstrong - League: 2    FA Cup: 0   EFL Cup: 0   Total: 2

Adams + Armstrong = 8 + 2 = 10

10 > 9

So no he clearly didn't score more than both combined. I'd say he was basically on par with Che in terms of shooting stats but Adams had the better stats in assists, passing and defensive stats (all are available on the Premier League site to compare btw).

I do agree with your original point though in that he didn't lack quality or goals last season especially when compared to our other strikers. Don't think he did enough to be worth £30m but obviously potential is a big factor in that valuation.

• Like 2