Summer 2022 Transfer Window

mcbendy

23 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

he's clearly been reading the forum and has taken on our concerns, so respect for that Ralphy.  So Ralph, be sure to stand by for the pointers after Spurs, and be sure to read the thread with your name heading it, that will give you a very good indication as to whether you should fall on your sword or if we are going to give you a few more games.   

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chez said:

He was possibly the best striker in the Dutch league the season before he came to us, having scored 55 goals in 66 games. We now can't even buy the better City/Chelsea youth team players. 

We’ve been over this, he hadn’t done anything anywhere except for one good season in the Eiredivisie who, in general, are only performing against defenders comparative to League1/2 outside of about 2/3 teams… he wasn’t in European  competition to judge either

He was hardly proven and thats a hill Ill die on… again, the only ‘proven’ strikers we’ve signed in recent memory was Ings/Austin… both with significant injury worries

As per our potential signings. We don’t really know how seriously we persued Delap or Broja but clearly we feel there’s potentially more value elsewhere.. im comfortable with that as long as a striker is incoming before September

7 minutes ago, Toussaint said:

he's clearly been reading the forum and has taken on our concerns, so respect for that Ralphy.  So Ralph, be sure to stand by for the pointers after Spurs, and be sure to read the thread with your name heading it, that will give you a very good indication as to whether you should fall on your sword or if we are going to give you a few more games.   

Dear Ralph 

what ever you do make sure you never pay the slightest attention to this forum, the stuff written on here convinces me we have been infiltrated and taken over by agents from down the road, there is hate mail round every Saints player and especially the manager, definitely hostile agents at work

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, le_tiss said:

fv9u2be3iuf91.jpg

obviously didn't ask anyone on SaintsWeb - would have been a very different outcome :lol: 🤡

Arsenal - 5 - £112.85m - Turner (£4.85m), Marquinhos (£3m), Vieira (£30m), Jesus (£45m), Zinchenko (£30m)
Aston Villa - 4 - £45.8m - Coutinho (£17m), Kamara (free), Carlos (£26m), Olsen (£2.8m)
Bournemouth - 3 - £10m - Fredericks (free), Rothwell (free), Taverner (£10m)

Brentford - 4 - £30m - Hickey (£14m), Lewis-Potter (£16m), Strakosha (free), Mee (free)

Brighton - 3 - £15.5m - Enciso (£9.5m), Adingra (£6m), Colwill (loan)
Chelsea - 5 - £162.5m - Sterling (£47.5m), Koulibaly (£33m), Slonina (£12m), Chukwuemeka (£15m), Cucurella (£55m)
Crystal Palace - 4 - £26.5m - Ebiowei (fee to be agreed), Johnstone (free), Doucoure (£18m), Richards (£8.5m)
Everton - 3 - £20m - Tarkowski (free), Vinagre (loan), McNeil (£20m)
Fulham - 5 - £41.4m - Palhinha (£17m), Pereira (£10m), Mbabu (£6.4m), Leno (£8m), Duffy (loan)

Leeds - 5 - £78.7m - Aaronson (£22.2m), Kristensen (£10m), Roca (£10m), Adams (£15m), Sinisterra (£21.5m)
Leicester - 0 - £0 - 
Liverpool - 3 - £73.5m - Carvalho (£5m), Nunez (£64.3m), Ramsey (£4.2m)
Man City - 3 - £93.1m - Haaland (£51.1m), Moreno (free), Phillips (£42m)
Man Utd - 3 - £59.1m - Malacia (£13m), Eriksen (free), Martinez (£46.1m)
Newcastle - 3 - £53m - Targett (£12m), Pope (£10m), Botman (£31m)

Nottingham Forest - 11 - £78.7m - Awoniyi (£17m), Henderson (loan), Biancone (£5m), Niakhate (£8.5m), Richards (£8.5m), Williams (£17m), Hennessey (free), O'Brien & Toffolo (£10m combined), Lingard (free), Mangala (£12.7m)

Southampton - 6 - £46.6m - Bazunu (£12m), Lis (free), Bella-Kotchap (£8.6m), Lavia (£10.5m), Aribo (£6m), Mara (£9.5m)
Tottenham - 7 - £130m -  Perisic (free), Forster (free), Bissouma (£25m), Romero (£42.5m), Richarlison (£50m), Lenglet (loan), Spence (£12.5m)

West Ham - 4 - £80.25m - Aguerd (£30m), Areola (£7.75m), Downes (£12m), Scamacca (£30.5m)
Wolves - 1 - £20.5m - Collins (£20.5m)

Total Signings: 82
Total Spend: £1,188,000,000

Transfer Window SLAMS Shut: 11pm, 1 September

Presumably some late window madness to enjoy in the next few weeks.

I'm off to a sex-shop in Stoke to stock up with TV presenter essentials. Anyone want anything?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

We’ve been over this, he hadn’t done anything anywhere except for one good season in the Eiredivisie who, in general, are only performing against defenders comparative to League1/2 outside of about 2/3 teams… he wasn’t in European  competition to judge either

two seasons, not one. 26 goals in 2013/14, 29 goals in 2012/13.

Have we ever signed a player with a goal scoring record like that? Sir Ricky scored 29, but only 13 the season before that...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Dear Ralph 

what ever you do make sure you never pay the slightest attention to this forum, the stuff written on here convinces me we have been infiltrated and taken over by agents from down the road, there is hate mail round every Saints player and especially the manager, definitely hostile agents at work

Must have been Pompey fans booing him at Brentford then. 

4 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Shane Duffy moving on loan to Fulham from Brighton. Not a world class player but still better than the ones we have.

Definitely need some form of leader at the back. Someone that is going to have a pop at those not performing and isn’t afraid to point the finger etc

Come on now, did you see him at Celtic!? Agree with the sentiment though 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Shane Duffy moving on loan to Fulham from Brighton. Not a world class player but still better than the ones we have.

Definitely need some form of leader at the back. Someone that is going to have a pop at those not performing and isn’t afraid to point the finger etc

Weirdly, he did look okay again at Brighton last season after flopping at Celtic and performing badly for Brighton previously. Didn't recapture his goalscoring form, but he couldn't have it all. I don't think Brighton fans are too happy, either. As a depth option, Duffy's okay. Colwill's the delayed Dan Burn replacement, but letting another centre-back go, like us, they feel they're short of experience and now depth there.

As for Coady, I know we've experimented with playing with a back three this pre-season, but I wouldn't like it to be the long-term plan. Same as Wolves are now moving away from it and they know that Coady can't perform as well in a back two, hence why they're moving him on. For us to go for him, we'd need to commit to the three at the back formation. But, anyway, Everton, as close to his home as they are, we never stood a chance, so no complaints here.

12 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I don’t watch Scottish football, hard to be competitive when there’s twelve teams in the SPL and only two are good enough to win it. 😅 About as exciting as the Bundesliga.

How many teams do you think can win the PL?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I don't get this huge attraction players have for moving to Everton. They must be offering massive wages.

You’d hope as a Liverpool fan he couldn’t bring himself to play for them…but guess the chance to move back home may be the deciding factor (oh, and the cash of course!). 

34 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Have a word with yourself...... my god Shane bloody Duffy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poor old Leicester. No signings, bigger clubs want their players, Vardy knocking on a bit, Kasper gone, Barnes out for weeks, Perreira out for months and even Bertrand is still injured.  Oh, and they still have Jannik. I mean, not a good time to be a Leicester fan. Maybe we can put in a bid for Dewsbury-Hall, to wind them up a bit.😈

I have no grudge against Leicester but am reminded of this comment...

"They don't have to sell. they have a choice, maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Poor old Leicester. No signings, bigger clubs want their players, Vardy knocking on a bit, Kasper gone, Barnes out for weeks, Perreira out for months and even Bertrand is still injured.  Oh, and they still have Jannik. I mean, not a good time to be a Leicester fan. Maybe we can put in a bid for Dewsbury-Hall, to wind them up a bit.😈

"They don't have to sell. they have a choice, maybe their objectives have changed. They were looking to be a Champions League club, I believe."

He aint wrong though

8 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19423345/chelsea-wesley-fofana-transfer-bid-leicester/

42 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

Will stay long in the memory. 😌

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Southampton are in negotiations with Marseille for 24-year-old right-back Pol Lirola – a loan with an option to buy is under discussion #saintsfc @sachatavolieri

uh oh

Much needed Tino cover, is he any good?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, goodymatt said:

Apparently we don’t have enough fund to pay the €10m fee, so are discussing a loan. I’m hoping that’s just because we aren’t budgeting to buy a new RB this summer, rather than we’ve run out of money!

Methinks there’s something lost in translation here and it’s more so that we don’t want to spend 10M on him since he will just be cover 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ecurnew02 said:

Methinks there’s something lost in translation here and it’s more so that we don’t want to spend 10M on him since he will just be cover 

Sounds logical. I’d never heard of this guy before. Little bit more experience than some of our recent signings. Hopefully he’s good enough.

Marseille fans say he was very good while on loan but had a poor season last season by his standards. Wasn't used effectively by their coach (wasn't given the freedom to get forward) but has a great right foot and can put dangerous crosses in. Sounds like a no brainer for cover for KWP while Livramento is out. 

• Like 2