2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

50 minutes ago, The Cat said:

In the most important game of the night Southampton just beat Cambridge on University Challenge.

When I was at Southampton we were banned from UC nfor a few years due to misbehaviour, possibly being ale house brawlers - it was around about that time!

I notice Villa's owners are heading down this multi-club road now as well.

Aston Villa's owners have entered a sale and purchase agreement to acquire 46 per cent of Portuguese club Vitoria S.C.

The Guimaraes-based club have been in talks with Villa for the last two years, with the Premier League team announcing it is "an important step forward in the global expansion of the V Spors portfolio".

The move still needs to be proved by Vitoria, who played in this season's UEFA Conference League qualifying rounds. 

President of Vitoria Antonio Miguel Cardoso said in a statement: “Since first meeting we found out that Mr Nassef Sawiris is a man of serious commitments and available to be the right partner which VSC needs in this important moment of our history."

9 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I notice Villa's owners are heading down this multi-club road now as well.

Aston Villa's owners have entered a sale and purchase agreement to acquire 46 per cent of Portuguese club Vitoria S.C.

The Guimaraes-based club have been in talks with Villa for the last two years, with the Premier League team announcing it is "an important step forward in the global expansion of the V Spors portfolio".

The move still needs to be proved by Vitoria, who played in this season's UEFA Conference League qualifying rounds. 

President of Vitoria Antonio Miguel Cardoso said in a statement: “Since first meeting we found out that Mr Nassef Sawiris is a man of serious commitments and available to be the right partner which VSC needs in this important moment of our history."

Great club to be involved with. They get Guimaraes, we got Goztepe.

On another topic, Atsu's body has been found :( 

I don't think he ever reached the heights his potential suggested he would back in his Chelsea days, but he had a good career and I remember him causing us some problems when he was at Newcastle!

All very tragic, especially the false hope which was provided at the start.

48 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

On another topic, Atsu's body has been found :( 

I don't think he ever reached the heights his potential suggested he would back in his Chelsea days, but he had a good career and I remember him causing us some problems when he was at Newcastle!

All very tragic, especially the false hope which was provided at the start.

It's horrible, but I hope this news doesn't overshadow the reporting of the crisis as a whole. Getting close to 50,000 dead now, and the suffering as a result will last for years. The true cost of life will be impossible to properly measure. 

• Like 2

Just now, FarehamSaintJames said:

Amazing what happens when you get a competent manager in that immediately commands respect (Villa currently winning).

Man Utd appointed a more than competent manager last season and were still shit for quite a while. 

6 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

They won 18 of their first 25 under Ten Haag?

Was referencing an initial new manager bounce, not first 25 games. 

Given a chance Saints could have won 15 of Nathan Jones' first 25 games if he wasn't sacked so soon.

18 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Yep Debravka played for Man U. 3rd keeper will have to play.

That's great isn't it. Pope out of the Carabao Cup Final. Debravka out as he's cup-tied having already played, incredibly for their opponents Man U. You couldn't make it up could you. Got a feeling the Saudi money may not help in this instance.

I can't wait to hear the wonderful "toon army" singing at Wembley......."E-I-E-I-O we've fucked it up again you know".

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

That's great isn't it. Pope out of the Carabao Cup Final. Debravka out as he's cup-tied having already played, incredibly for their opponents Man U. You couldn't make it up could you. Got a feeling the Saudi money may not help in this instance.

I can't wait to hear the wonderful "toon army" singing at Wembley......."E-I-E-I-O we've fucked it up again you know".

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

They'll probably get a outbreak of some mystery virus this week knocking out a dozen players and get the game postponed...

• Haha 5