2022/23 Other games

Lighthouse

8 minutes ago, The Cat said:

It might affect who goes down with us. I'm bang up for that being Leicester.

But yeah.

Leicester and Forest down and Derby promoted is my personal dream scenario so there is that.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I don't really get annoyed by much but that bloke is an absolute helmet. Wouldn't be surprised if him and DT were also posting on some South Korean suicide forum. 

Aye and guarantee he’s posted Romeu’s legs have gone and we should ship him out

Apart from the top two teams, the league is atrocious this year. Liverpool and Chelsea playing out the most appalling nil nil draw just about sums it up. 

…yet still Saints conspire to get relegated. SR have a lot of questions to answer.

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Leicester v Bournemouth Saturday! 

Forest look in the shit, although rumours doing the rounds cooper out if they lost today. 

I'd take him next year in the Champ, it was always going to be hard for Forest with their scattergun approach. I think he's done well to make them somewhat competitive to be honest.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

Apart from the top two teams, the league is atrocious this year. Liverpool and Chelsea playing out the most appalling nil nil draw just about sums it up. 

…yet still Saints conspire to get relegated. SR have a lot of questions to answer.

And they will answer them, no doubt, in calm and relaxed manner.

Edited by Crab Lungs
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I'd take him next year in the Champ, it was always going to be hard for Forest with their scattergun approach. I think he's done well to make them somewhat competitive to be honest.

We’d dilly-dally and someone else will get him.

3 minutes ago, Crab Lungs said:

And they will answer them, no doubt, in calm and relaxed manner.

The league position doesn’t matter we can look back on this season with pride in the amount of young players we’ve given a platform to prove themselves on

and the women’s team have done great 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, adrian lord said:

It's certainly a bit of an odd season, the usuals have been pretty poor which has allowed the likes of Newcastle, Fulham, Brentford and Brighton to have a bit of fun. Not entirely sure it's just down to quality, as there is a lot of quality in this league, maybe it's just got a bit more competitive and other teams can punch harder now. (Newcastle for one, Villa don't hold back either).

There are some decent squads down in the bottom half too and some decent money has been spent, we're the only team you can look at and say yeah we don't have enough. Every other side has something. 

18 minutes ago, BallBoy said:

Decent results for us tonight but it's useless unless we actually improve ourselves. Too late IMO.

This is the killer really, these are irrelevant if we keep dropping in the results we do against Leeds/Wolves/West Ham etc. It's the hope that kills so for my sanity I'm just accepting the fate now, it's definitely tight down there and from 12th - 18th there are 3 or so points in it, but we're absolutely rooted to the bottom and actually getting cut adrift in a season where it's so tight above us. Typical really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

Tricky games for West Ham tomorrow and Saturday. 
Also Everton,Forest away also At the weekend.  
Leicester V Bournemouth is a bit of a bugger. 
Easy 3 points for us against City and everything is rosey.😉 

And we have ?

• Sad 1

Leicester v Bournemouth is a big one on Saturday,  despite the fact we're already down its still interesting to follow the relegation battle to see who is coming with us, going to go right to the last game I reckon

6 minutes ago, DT said:

Newcastle showing how bad West Ham are. Inexcusable how little we tried to beat them, with fault starting at Selles’ batshit selection. Again. 

Exactly, a little bit of attacking intent, take a few risks actually try to win the game.....we never find out how bad a teams defence is because we don't test them 

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

Given that we still have to play Bournemouth and Forest, yesterday's losses for them were perfect for us. Those are two teams we have to overhaul if we are to stay up, and if we beat them both we should do so.

Leicester in big trouble too but I actually think Everton are more likely than them to go down.

55 minutes ago, JRM said:

Exactly, a little bit of attacking intent, take a few risks actually try to win the game.....we never find out how bad a teams defence is because we don't test them 

If we set up against Palace like we did against West Ham I'll go balistic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Given that we still have to play Bournemouth and Forest, yesterday's losses for them were perfect for us. Those are two teams we have to overhaul if we are to stay up, and if we beat them both we should do so.

Leicester in big trouble too but I actually think Everton are more likely than them to go down.

Think Everton have to much fight in them. No quality but they have desire. 

24 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

That would be very Sainsty to beat them both and finish 18th.

34 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

If we set up against Palace like we did against West Ham I'll go balistic.

I'm afraid Selles is a coach who believes you need to set out to stop the opposition rather than going gung-ho from the start. I don't see any evidence that he'll change this mind-set.We are always better when we start high tempo and take the game to our opponents. He'll scrape the odd win but invariably we'll go behind and lose.

• Like 1

We are always better when we start high tempo and take the game to our opponents.

Like we were last season when we lost more games from a winning position than almost anyone else . We were all moaning then about a lack off fitness in our players and maybe that is still a problem ,which is why Selles sets up the way he does.

2 minutes ago, saintant said:

I'm afraid Selles is a coach who believes you need to set out to stop the opposition rather than going gung-ho from the start. I don't see any evidence that he'll change this mind-set.We are always better when we start high tempo and take the game to our opponents. He'll scrape the odd win but invariably we'll go behind and lose.

I think we set up that way as there's zero confidence in our defence and keeper so we try to protect them with this negative football. 

• Like 1