Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread

whelk

Normally I am a ralph in dude based on our crap owners v how bad our last managers have been but I think today is now me deciding to trust sport republic to get a manager for this team. 

They over delivered on the players this summer maybe with ralph being gun shy after 2 9-0s we need a manager whose not worried about getting shafted.

• Like 2

The tactic of defending for 80mins, hoping we’re still in the game, drawing or only a goal behind and chucking six attackers on for the last ten minutes seems to be the Ralph way and it’ll work every once in a while, but you’re definitely losing more than you’ll win or draw with such an awful plan.

Edozie, Aribo and Stu should be starting far ahead of Diallo, Moi and Djenepo and I’d be sticking Mara ahead of A.Armstrong.

One of the most likely games to pick up points and secure a good start before the WC and we are pissing it away by playing far from our strongest starting XI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Convict Colony said:

Normally I am a ralph in dude based on our crap owners v how bad our last managers have been but I think today is now me deciding to trust sport republic to get a manager for this team. 

They over delivered on the players this summer maybe with ralph being gun shy after 2 9-0s we need a manager whose not worried about getting shafted.

Can’t disagree with this.

I thought I heard rumours that a Ralph was under pressure and had until the international break to prove himself. He hasn’t done that IMO. Too many games where we’ve made some shocking tactical decisions. We’re going to finish this game not causing a poor side to make any save of note, Djenepo and Elmo have played almost all of the game between them. We’ve seen enough of them to know that they’re entirely crap but here we are again.

• Like 1

We are fucking wank. 

By not making striker a priority in the summer, the club have royally fucked up. Che and Arma are not good enough to make a bit of magic out of nothing and our midfield don’t have anyone good enough to supply so they just recycle the ball backwards, sideways etc. Defensively we’re great overall…but because of what I mentioned, we’ll keep losing narrowly. 

Right Saints….you have 10 mins to prove me wrong and make me look a massive helmet!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Aston Villa 1-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic