Southampton(1) 1-2 (3)Newcastle - League Cup Semi Final - Second Leg

Chez

Sadly game was over a long time ago. We have the makings of a top first XI but there are some iffy squad players. Keep everyone fit that would be in the first XI, back to 4231 and we could do things. But not tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, Pamplemousse said:

Nathan Jones should be sacked, this was a big game and it really, really showed he is out of his depth at this level.

Agreed but the league is more important and he's doing a great job at that 

• Haha 2

It's high time the rules around concussion were changed. If a player goes down supposedly with a head injury then they should be taken off the pitch instantly for assessment.

That would immediately stop players from using it to waste time.

Edited by Sheaf Saint
  • Like 2

Ok I am gonna say i think Bree has done well on his first game in a division above with a team with significant issues, i liked what he gives and he would look better with better forward players.

Why oh why does Jones start with a 5, we always turn up and play better when its switched to a 4.  Jones needs to sort out his set ups for games cos they and/or player mistakes are costing us. We cant concede 2 goals and expect our forwards to score 4 goals to win the tie, that is on Jones to solve.

Our new signings will be liking this - they can see why they have been bought and especially how shit our current forwards are converting good chances.

All in all, we lost the tie, in my book we should have had 2 more goals due to 1v1s missed but as i mentioned before newcastle spent 313.5m net in the last season and a half, hopefully our spending now just gets us out of trouble for this season and we can reset next season.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sheaf Saint said:

It's high time the rules around concussion were changed. If a player goes down supposedly with a head injury then they should be taken off the pitch instantly for assessment.

That would immediately stop players from using it to waste time.

Agreed, but blame IFAB for that, they’ve been asked to do on numerous occasions but keep saying son and insisting they know better.

Have we had a shot on target playing vs 10men and a concussed issac? Have we had more than 1 shot on target this half. 

Anyone that thinks we played okay this half needs to understand that Newcastle just shut up shop. Manager threw this game with the lineup. Offered basically no threat when needing to go for it... Joke. 

Edited by Saint86
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Jimmy_D changed the title to Southampton(1) 1-2 (3)Newcastle - League Cup Semi Final - Second Leg