Ruben Selles

Dusic

20 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Selles was always facing a near-impossible task to keep us up, but he is far too defensively minded and our football is too risk-averse.  And this comment after the match might be useful not to lose players but to say we have enough goals in this team is mad.

"We knew it was a gigantic task when we took it on. We are performing and we are going to keep fighting for every point. We have enough goals in the side and we are going to go for it."

When are we going to go for it Ruben? Why didn't we go for at home to Brentford, or away to West Ham. Just more pointless club PR bullshit. 

• Like 2

I am grateful for what has attempted and for taking on the impossible and thankless job but it's clear he isn't the man to develop a new identity and bring any kind of attacking football in the championship he's not the man to run the project of bringing us back up and we certainly won't be coming straight back up whoever is appointed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Pretty delusional in today's press conference. A man under pressure for sure. Surely he doesn't really believe that his team can still escape relegation?

Three points tomorrow will mean bugger all, we are down and out and the coffin gets its last coat of varnish in the morning.

It would be a stay of execution. 

1 hour ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I get he can’t say “Yeah we’re fucked”, but equally he has to be reasonable and understand where we are as a club and the position we’re in.

We’re down. Winning today just delays the inevitable.

thank god you aren’t in charge

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I get he can’t say “Yeah we’re fucked”, but equally he has to be reasonable and understand where we are as a club and the position we’re in.

We’re down. Winning today just delays the inevitable.

8 games to go and 4 pts off and you give up? Fucking embarrassing, our fanbase is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too much theory and thinks it is rocket science, not enough awareness that it's a simple game and the right people have to be put together to blend in their natural shape and let play. A coach can improve players out of game time but has little or no influence once a game has started except to make changes. If the players have little natural blend and balance the result is what we have had all season. Drawing the names out of a hat would possibly give a similar result.

• Like 3

Sellés on Walcott and Elyounoussi: "I have trust in them. For us, sometimes it's not about technical abilities - but it's also about what they bring to the team. I don't know what we'll do in future but those two are players you can always come with." 

This ladies and gentlemen is why we are going down. "It's not about technical abilities" well it is though, isn't it? 

By this logic you may as well stick 11 hard working non league players in the side.

Edited by Harry_SFC
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

Sellés on Walcott and Elyounoussi: "I have trust in them. For us, sometimes it's not about technical abilities - but it's also about what they bring to the team. I don't know what we'll do in future but those two are players you can always come with." 

This ladies and gentlemen is why we are going down. "It's not about technical abilities" well it is though, isn't it? 

By this logic you may as well stick 11 hard working non league players in the side.

He's a fucking idiot.:mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes: The only thing you can trust is that you won't get anything. Don't worry about the future because he hasn't got one here. Even if they keep him, his overcomplicated thinking will cause another clusterfuck in the Championship and the sack will be the result.

What the idiot doesn't get is that as soon as the supporters see Elyounoussi's name on the team sheet it immediately puts a dampener on any hope for the match and virtually destroys any positivity. No good calling for the supporters to be the team's twelth man and picking Elyounoussi because he's lost the support by doing that.

Edited by derry
  • Like 6

Hook this twat out. Get big Sam in for last 6 games. Give these wankers a kick up the arse. 

revuild in the summer. 

we’re just letting the rot become deeper the longer we keep selles around the club. 

• Like 4

He’s been let down massively by a squad of players that aren’t interested. 

What the fuck was that show all about after the win at Chelsea? They made it look like they were a squad united, fully behind the manager and ready to turn a corner. 

The reality is that they knew they would get an easy ride under Selles and they could coast through the rest of the season with no effort. 

They can all get fucked. 

That being said, we need a complete overhaul for the Championship and that includes a new manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

He’s been let down massively by a squad of players that aren’t interested. 

What the fuck was that show all about after the win at Chelsea? They made it look like they were a squad united, fully behind the manager and ready to turn a corner. 

The reality is that they knew they would get an easy ride under Selles and they could coast through the rest of the season with no effort. 

They can all get fucked. 

That being said, we need a complete overhaul for the Championship and that includes a new manager. 

Today was on Selles.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Today was on Selles.

We were down weeks ago. Who cares about today. 

The point is the players put on a big show that they loved the manager and then haven’t played for him. 

• Like 2

We can blame Ralph, Jones, Selles, Eric Black etc etc, but there comes a point when you have to look at the bunch of utter losers they've had at their disposal. 

Bottle jobs the lot of them and I'd be happy to see them all dumped. If only we could sack players as we could managers, we'd probably be in a much better place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We can blame Ralph, Jones, Selles, Eric Black etc etc, but there comes a point when you have to look at the bunch of utter losers they've had at their disposal. 

Bottle jobs the lot of them and I'd be happy to see them all dumped. If only we could sack players as we could managers, we'd probably be in a much better place.

Oh as much as i think today was on Selles negative approach, i agree the players aren't fit to lace the boots of previous sets of saints players. This summer should be clearing as many of them as possible. Look at Burnley they've kept 3 or 4 from last year in their starting lineup. My fear with our bloated squad is that we'll try and keep these losers.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Players at their disposal has been poor. But the blame is with the twats responsible for the recruitment and selection of the manager.

That said, the selections are highly questionable. Why bring Aribo back today ? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

We should have got Dyche. He'd have us rock solid and well clear of the relegation zone, no way we'd be losing by two clear goals at home to mediocre midfield teams.

How’s it working for him at Everton?

But, would have been a more credible choice in October than NJ.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Oh as much as i think today was on Selles negative approach, i agree the players aren't fit to lace the boots of previous sets of saints players. This summer should be clearing as many of them as possible. Look at Burnley they've kept 3 or 4 from last year in their starting lineup. My fear with our bloated squad is that we'll try and keep these losers.

WE wont want to keep them but they have contracts and wont want to go. We're lumbered.

Needs a 4th manager of the season before the close of the day tomorrow. Must be someone out there that knows to get out of the relegation zone you need to win games, and to do that you need to score goals, and to do that sideways passes across the back four for 45mins is an utter waste of time. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Needs a 4th manager of the season before the close of the day tomorrow. Must be someone out there that knows to get out of the relegation zone you need to win games, and to do that you need to score goals, and to do that sideways passes across the back four for 45mins is an utter waste of time. 

We aren't getting out of the relegation zone so there is no point spunking money on another manager!

Once you accept that fact, life is more tolerable.

• Like 1

He’s worse than jones. Not starting a striker in a must win was as bad as anything jones did. He needs to be sacked tonight. I’m starting to wonder if him coming in undermined Ralph with his negative ideas. And to hear him blame the fans 

• Like 7

On 24/02/2023 at 09:17, Scummer said:

Isn't the more likely negative slant that last week was a one-off from Selles, and he turns out to not be a good manager after all? He's managed 2 first team matches in his entire career. One was a pretty poor performance against Sheffield Wednesday, one a slightly fortuitous win against a Chelsea team in bad form. I want him to do well, but it's far too early to make predictions.

Then again, making snap judgements is the accepted way in football, why should that change now 😉

24 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Same old crap from a crap manager who plays the same crap every week ..Worse than Jones in my opnion !   One of our worst managers ever!

Worse then jones in my opinion too .. at least jones tried different things and formations etc.. near the end the 4231 looked close to the way we should be setting up .. unfortunately he didn’t get the results .. but I’m not impressed with a couple of extra points from selles when he sets the team up with stupid selections every week and plays the most boring football since branfoot.. he needs to go now.. might as well not even bother turning up if we are gonna continue with him., selles is like accepting relegation without even putting up a fight 

• Like 2

We can change the manager but the only way we can shift the players is relegation. Honestly think it will be a blessing in disguise for us. I don't enjoy watching these losers, at least we would have a semi-decent team next season. And then from there we can rebuild.

35 minutes ago, Roger said:

He’s worse than jones. Not starting a striker in a must win was as bad as anything jones did. He needs to be sacked tonight. I’m starting to wonder if him coming in undermined Ralph with his negative ideas. And to hear him blame the fans 

exactly, how is this allowed. if you don’t start a player up front it should be automatic sacking. it’s like not starting with a goalkeeper, ironically we barely start with one of those either. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Roger said:

If form Hadn’t been an absolute disgrace for the second half of last season, when selles wasn’t at the club, you might just have had a theory. 

7 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

What planet is he on to say this ..?

the only thing you can trust them on is that they will be totally gash every game .. how you can watch us all season and think moi is great .. is just complete insanity .. maybe I’m being a little harsh on Theo but he’s been just ok.

we spent 60 in January window 

and instead dig out walcott and moi ..  honestly don’t think I can even bother to watch another game with this retard in charge he’s on a differant planet 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ruben Selles