Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

13 minutes ago, Appy said:

Given the gap in prices seem unlikely. Also given Tino left Chelsea because he wanted to play first team football is he after not even one full season of doing so, going to leave to be backup to Tripper??

I could see them going for KWP more given he can cover both full back positions. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Saint86 said:

You don't understand Hypo... regrettably we've signed an agreement with all potential suitors of Lavia that his price is £40M and we cannot possibly ask for a penny more 🙄

You're struggling on this one aren't you mate. Keep thinking  it over, and the penny may eventually drop. 

7 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Excellent news. Bidding war please!

well it can only go upto £40m................thats the minimum release clause i think isnt it?,and whos going to stump up more to  line Citys pockets?

6 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Losing livramento woukd be a big blow for me. He was one I was very sure we would be able to keep 

Yep. I assumed we'd lose KWP and start the season with Bree and Tino as our RB/RWB's. 

8 minutes ago, Give it to Ron said:

Southampton are understood to value Livramento at around £30 million, but Newcastle want to agree a price around half the amount — one proposal has included cash plus Ryan Fraser #saintsfc @JPercyTelegraph

If they're chucking in Fraser I'd want a lot more than 30 fucking million. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Worryingly few links to players we don't mind losing and more about players we want to keep (tella, livramento.) Suppose we should have expected it but depressing nonetheless to end up with the average abd below players rather than the young ones with high potential that should piss the championship. 

1 minute ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Absolute bollocks is Tino Livaramento leaving, and especially silly for that price. 😂

I hope you're right mate. Selling him would be silly, and £15m would be give away money. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Absolute bollocks is Tino Livaramento leaving, and especially silly for that price. 😂

Unfortunately I expect this is true.

I expected he’d go but, please, any other team than Newcastle.

Edited by Maggie May

Sky reporting we are in talks. Moved quickly from Telegraph article.

How do you convince a 20yr old to move to a club to be backup to their captain. I’m sure Tino could have stayed at Chelsea and be on more that he is with us.

would be disappointed if this goes through, given he’s been out for a year, he is one of a few that should just not be for sale this season. 

• Like 1

I will lose whatever remaining faith I have in Sports Republic (there’s not much TBF) if we sell Tino to Newcastle (Newcastle FFS!) for any of the numbers in that article. 

I don’t think it will happen. He’s integral to the only decent song we’ve got left FFS. 

• Like 2

And there was me hoping to possibly keep some of the little talent we have and off load the dross…I fear it’s going to be vice versa….and spearheaded by a crap manager and clueless decision makers. 
Nothing surprises me anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

£20m plus a year on loan and it's probably worth it given what he's coming back from. I'm assuming if this is the case we're stumbling on people coming up with the money for KWP. 

It's also early in the transfer window, they always low-ball early on.

So, "I'd like to stay and repay the club's faith in me" equates to "I'm off to the first club who can agree a deal for me"? In which case, I hope plenty more of last season's squad would like to stay and repay our faith in them...

In reality, if Tino had played the whole season and we'd gone down, he'd absolutely be one of the first other teams would be after. I guess Newcastle are willing to take a punt on him having recovered sufficiently if they can get a price that suits them.

• Like 1

Just now, saint lard said:

And there was me hoping to possibly keep some of the little talent we have and off load the dross…I fear it’s going to be vice versa….and spearheaded by a crap manager and clueless decision makers. 
Nothing surprises me anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

But why would you think people would want to buy the dross, and not the good players? That literally makes no sense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

£20m plus a year on loan and it's probably worth it given what he's coming back from. I'm assuming if this is the case we're stumbling on people coming up with the money for KWP. 

It's also early in the transfer window, they always low-ball early on.

Just get rid full stop.  None of this loan back nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Blimey, just reading this.

Fucks sake. 

Basically Martin is going to be building a team from absolute scratch then.

With the defence and central midfield plundered, we look to be going into the new season where our existing attacking force from last season is our strongest facet. Cool.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

It’d be a weird move for him, at that age and coming back from a big injury. He needs a solid season of regular football, not watching Trippier from the stands four games out of five.

There would be absolute meltdown on here if we brought a 20 year old who had that injury without at least six months first team action. 

2 minutes ago, Shance said:

Agreed. I was certain he'd stay. 

I was surprised there is interest from Newcastle in a player who has played not one full first team game since coming back from a really nasty injury. But as a club owned by one of the richest nations in the world the financial risk to them is tiny. If he is not the player he was they drop say £20 million on transfer fee and wages. If he has made a full recovery they have a cheap player and have stopped rivals getting him. Sadly it makes perfect sense.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

There would be absolute meltdown on here if we brought a 20 year old who had that injury without at least six months first team action. 

Newcastle have money to take the gamble. If he is a hit then they've got a top quality player for a song. 

18 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Nothing surprises me anymore.
🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻

Agree with this.

If we sell him for £12-15m, then it makes a mockery of our ‘strategy’. You have to wonder what the club’s aim or ambition is. If at all.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

I have a horrible feeling this summer window is going to be a very painful one. 

If we lose Lavia, KWP, jwp, Tino, Tella, Sulemana, Adams, Alcaraz and ABK then I agree with you. Need to be keeping at least two or three of them. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nolan said:

Essentially 25 teams in one league, but playing in seeded groups.

all teams will play a total of 20 matches and the top 16 at the end of the season will enter a play-off style tournament for the title. 

So we'd have ended up there regardless of promotion (so no point in our promotion?) 

I know we were expecting players to leave this summer but with the Tino rumours that would leave RBs as Bree and Payne (assuming KWP also goes which we expect). With Lyanco, DCC, Stephens and Salisu most likely leaving we will only have Bednarek and ABK still here and the latter only because he's injured. JWP and Lavia will be gone too... we only have 5 weeks and 4 days until our first fixture.  I hope Sports Republic are really on it this summer or we are going to be starting the season slowly which will not be good for promotional aspirations.

Just now, hypochondriac said:

If we lose Lavia, jwp, Tino, Tella, Sulemana, Adams, Alcaraz and ABK then I agree with you. 

What did the people telling us how good it was going to be in the Championship think was going to happen? There is going to be a lot more pain before things get better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Throw in Edozie, Bazunu, Larios and a few more Man City teenagers, we will smash it.

What's the worst conceivable yet realistic team we can make? 

Bazunu 

Bree bednarek Stephens Larios 

Armstrong new youngster Smallbone Edozie 

Armstrong Ballard 

Imagine if we did something like that. If we think of worst case scenario then almost anything will be better from there! 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kenilworthy said:

What did the people telling us how good it was going to be in the Championship think was going to happen? There is going to be a lot more pain before things get better.

They told us Sports Republic are going to bring us a golden period......oh wait.