New Manager Thread v3

Dman

7 minutes ago, OldNick said:

I wonder us getting of the likes of Kelvin Davis etc was not such a smart move. He loved the club and instilled a grit and determination. He certiainly made it clear to the squad how important our club was.

Iam not saying him for manager Lol.

Jobs for the boys yet again. 

We got rid of him because he was a shite coach, then again, that’s not stopped the rest of the appointments we’ve made.  

Edited by Appy
  • Like 5

48 minutes ago, Christophenburg said:

I don't see the point in appointing a manger for 6 games if they're not also the manager for next season, so absolutely don't believe this rumour at all

What’s the alternative .. just let selles continue to dig up rubbish like walcott and elyounoussi.. might as well go down the graveyard and dig up a couple of corpses .. and play his piss poor version of ralphball ..

Doing that is basically giving up .. no point going to the games no point even watching a steam .. ..

or we could actually try to get another manager in that might actually have some new ideas, utilise the new signings etc .:

SR have made some bad decisions, but to just let this guy who is not even a manager continue with this piss poor passive attempt of keeping the score down would be the most crazy of the lot we need to at least try 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Appy said:

Jobs for the boys yet again. 

We got rid of him because he was a shite coach, then again, that’s not stopped the rest of the way appointments we’ve made.  

KD added something and has a steely resolve. Its not about coaching per say, not sure that was his role anyway. He was there under Koeman and we didnt do bad then. He doesn't suffer fools gladly and so might have put a rocket up the teams jacksy

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pilchards said:

The board are not accepting relegation as we speak and I was told we are looking at a temp for the last few games.

Should hear something in the next few days if all goes well.

Fingers crossed.

Then they are more deluded than even we give them credit for.

We have 7 games left. We are currently averaging 0.74 points per game, so staying with our avergae will give us 28.19 points.

Everton and Forest currently average 0.87 points per game, so if they continue with their average will finish on 33.096 points.

In order to finish above them and avoid relegation we would therefore need 34 points - 11 more from the next 7 games.

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

We won't get anything from Liverpool, Newcastle or Arsenal, which means we have to win the other four games and go on a run of four wins from five games.  Given our current run is 6 wins from 31 games, whilst it is statistically possible to stay up (at the moment), only a complete fool would think it's actually achievable.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

We have 7 games left. We are currently averaging 0.74 points per game, so staying with our avergae will give us 28.19 points.

Everton and Forest currently average 0.87 points per game, so if they continue with their average will finish on 33.096 points.

In order to finish above them and avoid relegation we would therefore need 34 points - 11 more from the next 7 games.

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

We won't get anything from Liverpool, Newcastle or Arsenal, which means we have to win the other four games and go on a run of four wins from five games.  Given our current run is 6 wins from 31 games, whilst it is statistically possible to stay up (at the moment), only a complete fool would think it's actually achievable.

**Rasmus Ankerson has entered the chat

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

Just goes to show that if we hadn't appointed Selles off the back of one result (which, looking back, was a one off) that, with the way results have gone, staying up would have been achievable had the board gotten the appointment right. Yet another mistake.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I’m finding it so funny reading people’s suggestions for a new manager on Twitter. 🤣

There’s one guy that’s just suggested Jose Fonte - pretty sure he’s slagged off the club most recently for the appointments of inexperienced Prem managers in Jones and Selles. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Then again if you read through his tweets, his Saints views are extremely bizarre 🤣

Other names touted by others include Scott Parker, Franny Benali, some foreign manager from Scandinavia, the current Luton manager - hilariously. 😅

that's Andrew - he's a known bellend. He loves to start his tweets with "controversial opinion" one of those that likes to be edgy and think outside the box type on twitter. I expect Rasmus will offer him a job.

• Haha 2

Just now, James said:

Just goes to show that if we hadn't appointed Selles off the back of one result (which, looking back, was a one off) that, with the way results have gone, staying up would have been achievable had the board gotten the appointment right. Yet another mistake.

Not necessarily.

We'd still have had the same shit players who haven't managed to perform for three different managers this season.  Nothing to say they would have been any good with A.N.Other manager.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

Agreed, they need to accept the reality and start planning for next year, we are done.

Like you say it's all mathematically possible, but there's more to football than maths. I think after our defeat to Arsenal we can only hit a maximum of 41 points, we pretty much have no margin for error at that point.

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Agreed, they need to accept the reality and start planning for next year, we are done.

Like you say it's all mathematically possible, but there's more to football than maths. I think after our defeat to Arsenal we can only hit a maximum of 41 points, we pretty much have no margin for error at that point.

Totally agree. 

This rumour is surely not accurate, right??? 🤔

46 minutes ago, Turkish said:

that's Andrew - he's a known bellend. He loves to start his tweets with "controversial opinion" one of those that likes to be edgy and think outside the box type on twitter. I expect Rasmus will offer him a job.

Yes! That’s the numpty. 
Honestly the crap he pipes up with is hilarious. 😂

6 minutes ago, Saint NL said:

With Selles, we are 100% down.

Changing the manager maybe increases it to 80-90% down. Is that a big enough change in outcomes for the cost? 

That's for the suits to decide.

So you think a new manager will bring us a run of 4 wins out of 5 - i.e. matching the form of the top of the league?  And be able to do it after 1 match against Arsenal?

We are 100% down.  It just needs to be accepted!

• Like 3

Pep coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Potter coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Klopp coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Big Sam coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

The squad is weak physically and mentally. It isn’t good enough to be in the Premier League.

These are just facts now.

But if Sport Republic wanna spaff some more money which is as much an admission of yet another monumental fuck-up then so be it.

They're just comedic at the moment. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Pep coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Potter coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Klopp coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

Big Sam coming in isn’t getting us four wins.

The squad is weak physically and mentally. It isn’t good enough to be in the Premier League.

These are just facts now.

But if Sport Republic wanna spaff some more money which is as much an admission of yet another monumental fuck-up then so be it.

They're just comedic at the moment. 

Maybe they are looking to appoint someone with next season already in mind? Regardless if we stay up or not

4 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Maybe they are looking to appoint someone with next season already in mind? Regardless if we stay up or not

If we got someone like Potter and it was straight away say a three year deal, straight away they’d get the fans back on side.

Albeit, yes, everyone is fucked off with relegation but it shows a proactiveness in trying to make the right appointment now and put things right going forward.

If they did another interim until the end of the season then they really are thick.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint NL said:

With Selles, we are 100% down.

Changing the manager maybe increases it to 80-90% down. Is that a big enough change in outcomes for the cost? 

That's for the suits to decide.

I don't think the hair dryer himself could keep our lot up now! Though not mathematically we are as good as relegated already.  

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

We obviously all know we are down but no professional would give up when they are 4 points adrift with 21 still to play for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

We re not done. We will win at the Emirates.

4 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

If we got someone like Potter and it was straight away say a three year deal, straight away they’d get the fans back on side.

Albeit, yes, everyone is fucked off with relegation but it shows a proactiveness in trying to make the right appointment now and put things right going forward.

If they did another interim until the end of the season then they really are thick.

Yes agree with that. Won't be Potter but yes if it was someone with pedigree who is not really coming in to keep us up but to take us up next year then yeah fine.

I don't really see that any manager with that kind of stature would come in to deliver a nailed on relegation though. Absolutely nothing in it for them.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

We re not done. We will win at the Emirates.

We can win at The Emirates sure but we're still going down as we'd likely still be stone bottom of the league at the end of the weekend anyway.

14 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

We can win at The Emirates sure but we're still going down as we'd likely still be stone bottom of the league at the end of the weekend anyway.

Exactly. It's the type of game we could get something from, then proceed to lose at home to Bournemouth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Fixtures are :

Arsenal (A) - 0 

Bournemouth (H) 

Newcastle (A) - 0

Forest (A)

Fulham (H)

Brighton (A)

Liverpool (H) - 0

Dont need a calculator to work out that we're done. Just look at the state of our lineups and style of play. We lost to Grimsby never mind PL teams. If we reach 30 points I'll be gobsmacked. 

Manager-wise  I wouldnt be surprised to see us revisit Jesse Marsch. The main reason that the negotiations broke down (as with Leicester too) was the length of contract. Rasmus seems interested and we will likely offer a longer deal now we're relegated. Whether Marsch is willing to drop to the 2nd tier is another matter

23 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Dont need a calculator to work out that we're done. Just look at the state of our lineups and style of play. We lost to Grimsby never mind PL teams. If we reach 30 points I'll be gobsmacked. 

Manager-wise  I wouldnt be surprised to see us revisit Jesse Marsch. The main reason that the negotiations broke down (as with Leicester too) was the length of contract. Rasmus seems interested and we will likely offer a longer deal now we're relegated. Whether Marsch is willing to drop to the 2nd tier is another matter

His status isn’t much of a pull for premier clubs, so why shouldn’t he take a second tier club ?

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen it. I have him blocked, couldn't put up with him

22 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen it. I have him blocked, couldn't put up with him

3 hours ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Yes! That’s the numpty. 
Honestly the crap he pipes up with is hilarious. 😂

You think some of the shit on here is bad he takes it to a whole new level and takes himself very seriously. Absolute whopper. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

His status isn’t much of a pull for premier clubs, so why shouldn’t he take a second tier club ?

Not so much PL clubs, but he may be offered a job in the Bundesliga or La Liga. Better options than the Championship, but who knows

6 hours ago, Turkish said:

people like that who keep suggesting these shite managers is the reason we have selles. it was the poshos with no affiliation to southampton on twitter hyping selles up and not putting pressure towards a decent manager. their opinion should be void. 

Edited by SotonianWill

Whatever happens, when he eventually is relieved of managerial duties, I hope it’s also the coaching duties. I have no idea what his main coaching responsibilities are but the quality of passing, finishing, tackling, work rate and marking has been horrendous during his tenure. I would argue it’s been on a huge decline since he became a part of the coaching team. 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Whatever happens, when he eventually is relieved of managerial duties, I hope it’s also the coaching duties. I have no idea what his main coaching responsibilities are but the quality of passing, finishing, tackling, work rate and marking has been horrendous during his tenure. I would argue it’s been on a huge decline since he became a part of the coaching team. 

Nah, it was on the massive decline post the Norwich win last season, just like everything at the club. That being said I expected him to improve things more than he did

I have zero faith in Semmens/ Ankersen/SR to make the right managerial appointment to get us promoted next season. Dragan Solak needs to Bin these clowns off and start a fresh.  

Edited by Morse
  • Like 3

Just now, Morse said:

I have zero faith in Simmons/ Ankersen/SR to make the right managerial appointment to get us promoted next season. Dragan Solak needs to Bin these clowns off and start a fresh.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Morse said:

I have zero faith in Semmens/ Ankersen/SR to make the right managerial appointment to get us promoted next season. Dragan Solak needs to Bin these clowns off and start a fresh.  

You have to wonder if Semmens loved Ralph so much was because he was covering his arse. Although not parting ways with Ralph is part of the problem he was popular, he did a decent job over all. Since he's gone it's clear that Semmens hasn't got a clue what he's doing and his comments around being lucky to be in this league and pathway more important than league position just sum up someone that doesn't get what it takes to be successful in sport. I'm sure Marketing Martin does a great whiteboard session on the next slogan and virtue signalling campaign, he's probably brilliant at sustainability power points but unfortunately a football club lives and dies by it's results on the pitch not that in the recent data scrape 26% of our fan base has propensity to buy turbans with a Saints badge because they liked our tweet wishing everyone happy diwali. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would have thought that if Selles has not been moved on before Selles takes the pre-match press conference tomorrow then Selles is still staying where Selles is. Can't even cling to this bit of not shit silver lining, seemingly. Any news, Pilchards? Or do you suspect you may have been misinformed? Please offer us something!