Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread

Disco Stu

Posted (edited)

RM: "Che Adams is in a much better place than he was. We'll see if he's ready for tomorrow" (when asked about Che's fitness and likelihood of playing tomorrow)

Hmm....

Edited by trousers

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why? We aren't playing a German team.

And a Spitfire could equally have flown over the Hawthorns since a large number of Spitfires were built in the Midlands

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Just read a spitfire will fly over St Mary’s tomorrow before kick off 

Brilliant, just brilliant. To a lot of people,  these planes mean so much. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, trousers said:

RM: "Che Adams is in a much better place than he was. We'll see if he's ready for tomorrow" (when asked about Che's fitness and likelihood of playing tomorrow)

Hmm....

Perhaps he visited Wolverhampton this week...

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Annoyingly I'm on holiday. 

Anyone know how best to watch in Italy? Have just arrived and realised Sky Go doesn't work out here 😔 

Is there an Italian TV channel that might show it? I'm guessing my odds of finding a bar with it on are slim...

PPV dazn Italia 

Posted (edited)

If Adams is out and Stewart (as expected) not fit enough to start then IMO its a no brainer to go back to the 4-3-3 that beat WBA twice and start Fraser and Brooks either side of Arma, with Edozie, Kamaldeen, Stewart (and maybe Che) as sub options.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stripey McStripe Shirt said:

Annoyingly I'm on holiday. 

Anyone know how best to watch in Italy? Have just arrived and realised Sky Go doesn't work out here 😔 

Is there an Italian TV channel that might show it? I'm guessing my odds of finding a bar with it on are slim...

luckily we now have an Italy based Saints fan on here @fra can you help SMS here, along with a good bookies for an insurance bet.

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dusic said:

If Adams is out and Stewart (as expected) not fit enough to start then IMO its a no brainer to go back to the 4-3-3 that beat WBA twice and start Fraser and Brooks either side of Arma, with Edozie, Kamaldeen, Stewart (and maybe Che) as sub options.

I think it is a brainer. Arma has proved particularly useless in that middle role, so not too sure what the answer may be. Stewart to start with someone replacing him after 60 minutes? Just keep Mara away from the team.

The way RM spoke about Che is a massive hint that he's not ready given he often downplays injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Christ.

Sounds like one of those ProUd 2 bE briTiSh shitty AI generated images you see on Facebook and Twitter.

Any white knights on horseback waving Union Jacks as well?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, northam soul said:

Haha,that is my old parking spot.

I will be driving from Devon for the game and will hopefully park there.

Going back some years you were guaranteed to pull on the walk to and from the ground.

Ask them how much they'd charge to stand by the Ted Bates statue holding a flare for 30 mins, need all the numbers we can get 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm not sure we really have that luxury.

No point injuring him further by forcing him to play tomorrow. We can get past WBA without him.

1 hour ago, SaintsLoyal said:

Where did you read that? 

7 hours ago, trousers said:

Spoiler alert...we all know it's going to go to penalties and we'll go out as Jack Stephens launches the last spot kick into row Z... ;)

#youhearditherefirst

Thanks, I won't bother going.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hayling Saint said:

Yep, very nice. That is why I've stopped by Grandson from visiting this site now!

Let's hope he never goes to St Mary's and hears what all those nasty big burly men say in the stands!

1 hour ago, sfc4prem said:

No point injuring him further by forcing him to play tomorrow. We can get past WBA without him.

We’ll have a much better chance with him starting, even if he only lasts an hour and Stewart comes on after that. We’ve got potentially two one off cup finals ahead of us, we can’t be resting or saving anyone for anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trousers said:

Hmm....

Is this another of those ''Downes is close, but he's still out for 4 years'' type of comments?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Save Adams for the final if he's in any way doubtful.

<MLG MODE>

If he's that vital for the final then by logical extension he's equally vital for tomorrow's 'semi final'....

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Save Adams for the final if he's in any way doubtful.

Play tomorrow as the final, there's no guaranteed game after tomorrow. If he's anywhere near available then he plays, this isn't a game where you 'protect players' for a final that we might not even be in. Tomorrow is the 'here and now' final, could be our last game so we need to be as strong as we can for it.

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Play tomorrow as the final, there's no guaranteed game after tomorrow. If he's anywhere near available then he plays, this isn't a game where you 'protect players' for a final that we might not even be in. Tomorrow is the 'here and now' final, could be our last game so we need to be as strong as we can for it.

Indeed. Tomorrow is no time for a risk averse approach 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

Can't be any more fucking about with Mara in these last two (hopefully) games. Have to push both Che/Ross as far as they'll go. The former won't even be here next year. 

Exactly. Unless he can't run or something he should play. We shouldn't really give a shit about his future as he isn't going to be here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaintsLoyal said:

PPV dazn Italia 

Yep, just had a look, so you should be able to find a bar showing DAZN but there is also the Serie B playoff between Palermo-Samp, and Serie A Fiorentina v Napoli so you might want to find a multi-screen place or steal the remote..

37 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Is this another of those ''Downes is close, but he's still out for 4 years'' type of comments?

I’ve just watched the PC & I thought he said it with a bit of a wry smile on his face at the end (probably wishful thinking on my part).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Exactly. Unless he can't run or something he should play. We shouldn't really give a shit about his future as he isn't going to be here. 

He might though. Especially with a euros on the horizon.

IF Che can't play, and assuming Stewart cant do more than, say, 45 mins, I'd go with a false 9. We did it quite a few times during our unbeaten run with Alcaraz and Stuey playing there. Unfortunately they are both injured though. So we could give Brooks a crack at it, or move Aribo up there and bring Rothwell in.

If we do that, I'd have Stephens moving into front sweeper out of position, with Armstrong playing military outside right under Marquis of Queensbury prison conditions.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

It's wheel time, modified for the playoff semi second leg. It's been a few weeks since last used and so far it has a zero per cent accuracy rating.

For tomorrow's game it has spoken... Saints to win on penalties! Wembley here we come!

(video not included this time as my WIFI is being pants)

1690929546_Screenshot_20240516_200809_VideoPlayer.thumb.jpg.d5eedb19115afa870d7208eb9d7e1347.jpg

46 minutes ago, Dusic said:

He might though. Especially with a euros on the horizon.

If he refuses to play then that's a different matter. I would be surprised if he wasn't desperate to play and potentially get us to the Premier league, if only because it enhances his own reputation. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints 3-1 West Brom - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic