Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 1,401 to 1,448 of 1448

Thread: Injury Watch

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by beatlesaint View Post
    Ive obviously misunderstood the point of a forum. I thought it was to exchange views on players, matches, the club, the opposition etc. Football is all about opinions. Self righteous buggers coming on here when the team are having a good run is laughable. If a player gets slated it doesnít mean those slating them are anti that player. Iím not a huge fan of Stephens, but of late heís played well, good for him, good for the club and good for the supporters. Not being a fan of his doesnít mean Iím sat in the stands and hoping heíll **** up to prove my opinions right because he is representing Southampton and therefore we all want him and any other player to do well.

But if players arenít performing whatís the point of a forum if you canít discuss it with other fans without being branded as ďantiĒ this, ďantiĒ that ?
    Heís the biggest plum on here I wouldnít worry.

Wow, Saints have an incredible number of clans. Hopefully none of them are Klu Klux.

Back in the day a certain Franny Benali used to gets dogs abuse...then there was Ian Dowie jeez he used to get it big time !!

Quote Originally Posted by saintoaks View Post
    Back in the day a certain Franny Benali used to gets dogs abuse...then there was Ian Dowie jeez he used to get it big time !!
    I was in the Lew Chatterley and Jimmy Amelia clan but they were dogsh1t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saintoaks View Post
    Remember Dowie's name being booed when announced on the tannoy. And yes Franny used to get absolutely savaged from some in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Give it to Ron View Post
    I was in the Lew Chatterley and Jimmy Amelia clan but they were dogsh1t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jimmy Melia?

7. Default

May I bring the thread back to injuries? Or the lack of them. Apparently we are one of only two Premier League clubs not to have suffered any additional injuries during the "ludicrous" Xmas/New Year pileup of fixtures. The other is Everton.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ies-mount.html
    Last edited by fez; 06-01-2020 at 05:41 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    May I bring the thread back to injuries? Or the lack of them. Apparently we are one of only two Premier League clubs not to have suffered any additional injuries during the "ludicrous" Xmas/New Year pileup of fixtures. The other is Everton.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ies-mount.html
    Not all of it is directly attributable to the number of games, some clubs need to take a look at themselves and understand that their methods for training and recovery need to be reviewed and improved. Maybe something that dinosaurs like Steve Bruce need to be more aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Not all of it is directly attributable to the number of games, some clubs need to take a look at themselves and understand that their methods for training and recovery need to be reviewed and improved. Maybe something that dinosaurs like Steve Bruce need to be more aware of.
    Agreed. Our sports science guys need to take a bow. The full backs, Hoj and especially JWP, have worked ridiculously hard over this period and have looked fresh throughout. Moreover, Ings has stayed injury free and looked strong when played. Newcastle have lost loads of players to hamstrings which is largely avoidable with the right training, recovery, stretching, pilates, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    That was us until a couple of seasons ago. We had a consistently awful injury record, in stark contrast to Leicester who never seemed to have more than one or two injuries (especially during their miracle season). I think Pearson had a lot to do with that, and they have continued it to this day.

Something seems to have changed at SMS, and credit to our current (new?) physios/sport science guys for turning it around.

It's massive keeping the majority of players fit. Bournemouth and Newcastle being prime examples of what happens if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Munster View Post
    That was us until a couple of seasons ago. We had a consistently awful injury record, in stark contrast to Leicester who never seemed to have more than one or two injuries (especially during their miracle season). I think Pearson had a lot to do with that, and they have continued it to this day.

Something seems to have changed at SMS, and credit to our current (new?) physios/sport science guys for turning it around.

It's massive keeping the majority of players fit. Bournemouth and Newcastle being prime examples of what happens if you don't.
    Watch Villa start to slide further down the table too due to injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Watch Villa start to slide further down the table too due to injuries.
    They've just signed Danny Drinkwater on loan for the rest of the season to cover the injury to McGinn.

Surprised to see no discussion over who's going to be our RB over the next couple of games with Valery still not ready to return.

Danso looked a little lost in the Huddersfield game so I suppose it's going to be a case of fitting a square peg into a round hole again?

Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Agreed. Our sports science guys need to take a bow. The full backs, Hoj and especially JWP, have worked ridiculously hard over this period and have looked fresh throughout. Moreover, Ings has stayed injury free and looked strong when played. Newcastle have lost loads of players to hamstrings which is largely avoidable with the right training, recovery, stretching, pilates, etc.
    Thought I saw something about the Sport Science department at Southampton University and its tie-in we have have had with them for many years, when the boys return after their summer break most of the body analysis is done by people from the Uni who crunch the numbers to both parties benefit. They learn, we learn and the depth of knowledge over the years of working together must be quite significant most likely helps to develop the right maintenance package for each player.

In the concourse, complaining about the concourse

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy40 View Post
    Surprised to see no discussion over who's going to be our RB over the next couple of games with Valery still not ready to return.

Danso looked a little lost in the Huddersfield game so I suppose it's going to be a case of fitting a square peg into a round hole again?
    Prowse seemed quite comfortable there Tuesday, in which case I guess we'd have to start Romeu in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Prowse seemed quite comfortable there Tuesday, in which case I guess we'd have to start Romeu in the middle.
    Yoshida has played RB a few times, although not particularly well if I recall.

But with Bednarek still out (I assume?), I would rather he played in the centre for our next couple of games rather than Vestergaard, whose lack of pace and mobility will be ruthlessly exposed by Spurs and Liverpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheaf Saint View Post
    Yoshida has played RB a few times, although not particularly well if I recall.

But with Bednarek still out (I assume?), I would rather he played in the centre for our next couple of games rather than Vestergaard, whose lack of pace and mobility will be ruthlessly exposed by Spurs and Liverpool.
    Yoshida is woeful at full back! I think Stephens was slightly better at full back, and didn't Ramsey have a game or two at right back a year or so back? Wasnt stand out, but dont think was especially bad either?

Does KWP have hamstring issues preventing him playing?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Remember Dowie's name being booed when announced on the tannoy. And yes Franny used to get absolutely savaged from some in the stands.
    probably those fans getting hit by the ball from his misplaced clearances arching into the stand ��

Walker-Peters and Valery both trained today...

Straight down to work for @KWPeters on day one with #SaintsFC! �� https://t.co/XoGdVocJ8o

Still no update on Sam McQueen then?

It's been well over a year now since he did his ACL. I can only assume in this instance that no news is bad news.

Any news on Armstrong? We missed him on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Fookwit View Post
    Any news on Armstrong? We missed him on Saturday
    Ralph says better than expected but unlikely to play tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

24. Default

Armstrong training with the squad today

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by derry View Post
    Armstrong training with the squad today
    Defo a possibility he'll be on the bench I reckon

With JWP injured tonight, what is the news on Valery and KWP - are either of them ready to return for our next match?

27. Default

@AdamBlackmore: Some good news #saintsfc
    Ralph says Ward-Prowse injury is only a deep cut, not worse - might be fit for Burnley 🙏👍

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Ralph says Ward-Prowse injury is only a deep cut, not worse - might be fit for Burnley
    That's a huge relief. Far more important than the loss, even though that p!ssed me off significantly.

Ralph says Ward-Prowse injury is only a deep cut, not worse - might be fit for Burnley 🙏👍
    James Ward-Prowse is only going to be fit for the Burnley game because he's being fed Zaha's tears through an IV Drip. #SaintsFC

30. Default

JWP back in full training for the first time today. Ralph confident he'll be available for the Burnley game.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    JWP back in full training for the first time today. Ralph confident he'll be available for the Burnley game.
    Excellent. And vindicates my analysis on the match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    Iím starting to think JWP is a superhuman. He has started every game has he not?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    I’m starting to think JWP is a superhuman. He has started every game has he not?
    Yep, played every minute this season apart from when he went off injured I think. And run the second most in the league behind Kante who definitely isn't human.

Quote Originally Posted by igsey View Post
    Yep, played every minute this season apart from when he went off injured I think. And run the second most in the league behind Kante who definitely isn't human.
    Thought so amazing really given the rigours of the prem.

35. Default

Any idea on severity of Redmond & Boufal injuries?

Any idea on severity of Redmond & Boufal injuries?
    According to RH post match interview redmond out for 1-2 months

37. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Reece View Post
    FFS!

This may be complete rubbish but I have been told that we picked up 6 long to medium term injuries yesterday and that does not include Redmond who is likely to be out for the rest of this season. Not sure of names but believed to be Djenepo,Boufal,Ings,Bertrand, JWP and Stephens

After moving around Kent, Surrey and Sussex have now settled on the edge of Romney Marsh

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Reece View Post
    On the upside, this will please those who have been called for Redmond to be dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by sad saints fan View Post
    This may be complete rubbish but I have been told that we picked up 6 long to medium term injuries yesterday and that does not include Redmond who is likely to be out for the rest of this season. Not sure of names but believed to be Djenepo,Boufal,Ings,Bertrand, JWP and Stephens
    And just what fount of knowledge told you that?

Surprised that if they are medium to long term injuries that five of them were running around well enough at 90 mins yesterday.

I suspect your five first words are the most accurate part of your post.

"Not sure Of the name's but believed it to be" .............

Last edited by ALWAYS_SFC; Yesterday at 10:50 AM.

Stephens kept to the middle third of the pitch towards the end of the game yesterday as he seemed to be moving slowly. Commented at the time that it wasn't like him not to be giving 100% and would have expected him to go off if we had any subs left.

I dont usually post a great deal and I do not intend to get into a keyboard warrior battle . It was information passed to me by a third party . I have no idea if it is true or not and care even less if you lot do

Ings and Djenepo were in yesterday's recovery training pictures.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The physioroom is a reasonable resource for injury status.

Redmond out for minimum of a month.

Boufal no return date set.

I dont usually post a great deal and I do not intend to get into a keyboard warrior battle . It was information passed to me by a third party . I have no idea if it is true or not and care even less if you lot do
    I accept that you posted in good faith, but sometimes it's good to question sources. Unfortunately there are plenty around who spread rumours (especially those of doom and gloom) as a wind-up.

I think we've lost Boufal for a bit, Redmond is obviously out too.

Stephens was heavily limping quite a bit I noticed, and so was Long at some stages - but everyone else seemed ok.

But we don't have a deep squad with enough quality, so we will be hit by injuries and they will hit our form. This is why January shouldn't have been ignored as it was. Oh sorry, we did buy someone! But we had to let someone go first....

....which begs the question, then why did you bother to post it in the first place?