Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 751 to 771 of 771

Thread: Wesley Hoedt

  1. #751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles34 View Post
    At least he’s speaking honestly.
    no fan of his myself bu5 prefer players to say how they feel rather than stereotypical sound bytes like, “I just keep my head down and playing me football....” blah, blah
    im sure he doesn’t give a toss about being disrespectful to Antwerp cause he ain’t staying there
    not doubt he thinks he’s better than that, don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
    See your point but if Toby A had such an interview attributed to him whilst he was at Saints would you feel so gracious about it ?

    I say attributed to as of course we know journalists often spin or twist things, but in this blokes case he's got a reputation for his inflated ego so it seems to fit with the territory.

  2. #752

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wokingham, Berkshire
    Posts
    8,371

    Default

    During a global pandemic where most countries are advising to stay home, this turd is doing boxing training in public and posting on Instagram.

    I didnít think I could ever hate a Saints player, but he is as dumb as he is ****.

  3. #753

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by St Chalet View Post
    During a global pandemic where most countries are advising to stay home, this turd is doing boxing training in public and posting on Instagram.

    I didn’t think I could ever hate a Saints player, but he is as dumb as he is ****.
    He's the sort of person who'd refuse to take a wage cut in times like this. In fact, I bet he already has.

  4. #754

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    stamping on peoples dreams since 2010
    Posts
    29,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    He's the sort of person who'd refuse to take a wage cut in times like this. In fact, I bet he already has.
    Crabby is feeling better, welcome back

  5. #755

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
    Crabby is feeling better, welcome back
    Thank you.

    I'm giving Fraser Forster and Angus Gunn a good 7-10 days as I'm still gasping a bit when I go up/down the stairs and I don't want to jinx myself.

  6. #756

    Default

    Interview with Hoedt (in Dutch) about the fact he is training with AZ Alkmaar to keep fit and his time with Royal Antwerp. In the final sentence he says he doesn’t want to be loaned again and wants a permanent move this summer.

    https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=371963

  7. #757

    Default

    Don’t we all.

  8. #758

    Default

    Is Hoedt actually worse than Vestergaard?

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Is Hoedt actually worse than Vestergaard?
    They are both **** but the big difference is that not only is Hoedt **** but he is also a massive ****.

  10. #760

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusic View Post
    Is Hoedt actually worse than Vestergaard?
    Not for me. Hoedt is average, Vestergaard is shocking. But then there's the attitude, Hoedt comes across as an idiot. I suspect management could live with that if he was brilliant, but it's not worth it for someone of his ability.

  11. #761

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Leslie Tiller was f**king murdered!
    Posts
    12,366

    Default

    As a player, I rate Hoedt slightly higher than Stephens, who as far as Saints is concerned is the lesser of six evils. With hindsight and going purely by their respective abilities, Vest was a pointless signing. Basically, Hoedt apparently being a complete helmet has cost the club £17m. Oh well.

  12. #762

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    Not for me. Hoedt is average, Vestergaard is shocking. But then there's the attitude, Hoedt comes across as an idiot. I suspect management could live with that if he was brilliant, but it's not worth it for someone of his ability.
    Reverse for me, Hoedt is shocking and Vestergaard is average. Least Vestergaard has scored in the right end for us, not to mention Hoedt with two own goals. Just need to cancel his contract and let him leave on a free because nobody will be paying for him

  13. #763

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kucho View Post
    Interview with Hoedt (in Dutch) about the fact he is training with AZ Alkmaar to keep fit and his time with Royal Antwerp. In the final sentence he says he doesnít want to be loaned again and wants a permanent move this summer.

    https://m.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=371963
    As long as he is willing to take a significant pay cut for the last year of his deal for that to happen, then can't see any reason why the club would hold him back. They won't get much of/any fee, a bit like when Austin went to WBA although there might be some top ups if they are promoted at some stage. Mind you, Austin didn't cost £17m and probably Lazio haven't been paid all of it yet.

    Les Reed really is/was a clueless imbecile. Proper checks on players' attitudes - yeah right. Good job he hasn't been appointed as the Technical Director of the FA or any other high profile national-level role like that...

    Glad Rangers took the wee version of Les Reed back north of the border with them too.

  14. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woodsaint View Post
    Reverse for me, Hoedt is shocking and Vestergaard is average. Least Vestergaard has scored in the right end for us, not to mention Hoedt with two own goals. Just need to cancel his contract and let him leave on a free because nobody will be paying for him
    Employment law is not that simple. We'd either have to pay his wages in full up front to cover the rest of his contract, or make him an offer of compensation for loss of office. The power is still with him. Just because we want him to leave doesn't mean we have simply tell him that and expect him to tug his forelock and leave quietly.

  15. #765

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Exeter
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the saint in winchester View Post
    Employment law is not that simple. We'd either have to pay his wages in full up front to cover the rest of his contract, or make him an offer of compensation for loss of office. The power is still with him. Just because we want him to leave doesn't mean we have simply tell him that and expect him to tug his forelock and leave quietly.
    What will probably happen is if he wants to move to the Dutch League, their maximum wage is probably £15-30k (probably the latter figure only at Ajax these days) and fee range £4-8m for a defender. So Saints would have to take some of the £40k a week out of what they'd get from a fee (say he's on £60k a week and say AZ or Groningen pay him £20k per week) they'd have hoped to get. Wesley would be signing a 3 year deal there say, and only has one left with us so that would cover some of it.

    In terms of UEFA rules, you are right, but I don't think he's going to want to sit around for another year, potentially only with the U23s and not even on loan, on top of this lockdown. So he and his agent are going to need to compromise a bit as well. I think they will.

    Forster is far more a concern for me. 2 years left still of the new contract that fool now at the FA gave him and he's allegedly on far more than Hoedt. Whether Celtic and Saints can agree something on a permanent move remains to be seen. Fraser will need a take a serious haircut on his contract if he does want to go back there long-term even with Saints paying a portion.

  16. #766

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Fine City of Southampton
    Posts
    3,393

    Default

    Hoedt, Forster, Elyounoussi, Carrillo, Lemina, that's some serious wedge tied up with that little crowd. Vestergaard and Che Adams (hopefully he'll improve if given the opportunity) will add to the financial haemorrhage if it's decided to discard with their services.

  17. #767

    Default

    "‘It’s unrealistic’: Southampton man fears £7m price-tag will ruin his dream move"

    What did we pay for him?

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/1...is-dream-move/

  18. #768

    Default

    "Dream move"

    This is upstaging Robbie Keane.

  19. #769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    "‘It’s unrealistic’: Southampton man fears £7m price-tag will ruin his dream move"

    What did we pay for him?

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/1...is-dream-move/
    Dream move ? In an interview a couple of weeks ago he seemed to think he was too big for Antwerp.

  20. #770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Saint View Post
    "‘It’s unrealistic’: Southampton man fears £7m price-tag will ruin his dream move"

    What did we pay for him?

    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/1...is-dream-move/
    This article is poorly translated/quoted. The link they use in this article, referring to an interview with Belgium newspaper Nieuwsblad, Hoedt simply says that Antwerp won’t pay our asking price. He says nothing about a dream move to Antwerp.

  21. Default

    We bought for £15M and prepared to sell on for £7M, less than half price. Seems a cheap deal to me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •