Predictions for the season

whelk

Abramovich loses interest after his visa troubles. Chelsea are magic, and disappear from the top division.

Puel has interesting possibilities away from Leicester.

BFS (wherever he is?) gets another chance at a team yet to be determined, around about Christmas, for a club rather more decisive than Saints.

Klopp has an unfortunate incident when the wind changes and his gurning gets fixed in place.

Everton remodel their dugouts as they realise they can't afford a new ground.

Citeh continue to make the Premier League boring: playing great football..

Gallagher scores a hat-trick for Saints and the forum goes into melt down. We lose 3-4.

Apart from that I haven't a clue.

Last season I made the ridiculous and outrageous prediction of 17th. More chance of Aliens lading at St. Mary's I was told. Perhaps I should take heed of those wiser and more knowledgable posters who predicted top 10.

Hmmm...I will have to think about it.

Dippers, alas, to win the league.

Mid-table nothingness for Saints

Huddersfield, Cardiff and Boscombe to go down, although Watford will make a good fist of getting relegated.

If Salah keeps up his form from last season they'll come close but I still can't see past Pep and city for the title.

Mo Salah get's season limiting injury torpedoing Bin Dippers title bid

City to walk title

Jose M parts company with Man U mid-season

BFS replaces Mr C. W@nker at Cardiff

Puel walked out of Leicester after mind numbing start to the season (all down to sale of Mahrez)

Arsenal to finish above Spurs

Saints secure mid-table spot

Burnley in relegation run-in

Cardiff, Newcastle & Bournemouth relegated

1. Man City

2. Man Utd

3. Liverpuddle

4. Spuds

5. Arse-nil

6. Chelski

7. Everton - with Silva receiving huge plaudits for transforming Everton into a club that can compete for European qualification.

Relegated: 3 from 4 - Cardiff, Huddersfield, Brighton, Bournemouth

Saints: 15th - Saints will still struggle for goals though they may get a few more than the last couple of seasons. However, they will also concede a lot of goals until Hughes decides to abandon 3-5-2 and reverts to 4-4-2 for the last ten games of the season.

The other team to finish below us will be West Ham.

At Chelsea the saga of whether Hazard will stay or go will rumble on until the closure of the transfer window and then again in the January window. Chelsea will not let him go at either time but his performances will suffer - especially in 2019.

Puel will be sacked in December with Leicester in 12th, after a fairly good start to the season is followed by a run of 10 games with only one goal. Leicester's directors are labelled heartless for sacking him just before Christmas.

Burnley to be eliminated early from European competition and have a poor start to the season, but will recover to finish just above mid table. Crystal Palace will surprise everyone and finish in the top half, narrowly missing out on European qualification. Leicester will recover from 12th to also finish in the top half.

Jack Wilshere, Charlie Austin, Andy Carroll, Dean Sturridge, Danny Ings, Adam Lallana, Ashley Young, Luke Shaw to spend most of the season injured like Oxlade-Chamberlain. Oxo to defy expectations and return in February but then to get injured in his third game with a completely different injury that keeps him out for another year.

Portsmouth struggle as Jake Wigley proves to be a worse coach than his father. The club are fined for making an illegal approach for a player and several players go on strike. Wigley resigns, but Paul Robinson becomes caretaker manager until the end of the season. Despite a record of only one win in the last seven, the board offer Robinson the manager's job permanently at the end of the season after Pompey narrowly escape relegation on the last day of the season - but their escape is only because of results elsewhere.

Hughes has either been told to, or said he would, play attacking football. That's seen us concede 22 goals in his 13 games, conceding 3 goals 5/13 games. That sort of defence will have us hovering around the relegation zone 100%.

The fans will be entertained as we march on to the championship.

City win title, Liverpool finish close second in exciting race that has pundits proclaiming the premier league to be the bestest league in the world ever. Despite 14 teams playing drab football desperately trying to avoid relegation.

2 of he 3 promoted sides survive. Cardiff get relegated but surprise the league with a fantastic team goal comprising 5 passes, including an 80 yard hoof from the keeper.

Saints finish 16th with Forster being the hero of the hour, scoring 5 goals in the last 6 matches in his new position of big lump up the front. He ends up top scorer and a recall to the england squad. Gao makes a Saints related statement. Unfortunately it is that we have tripled our Chinese based Saints support, as Nelly has triplets.

3 english teams make the champions league semi finals. Barcelona win the competition.

Southgate gets sacked from England job after losing 4 League of Nations (or whatever it is called, maybe it is Games of Thrones) games against Croatia and Spain. Sales of waistcoats plummet and people, including ladies, start shaving again.

Beyond the world of sport, Britain crashes out of the EU without a deal and much to everyones amazement, everything goes swimmingly well. OK, people lose jobs, prices get more expensive and there is social disorder, but the sense of community fostered is quite terrific as finally the country is united around fires in streets with pitchforks in hands. Quick note to the entrepreneurially minded, start a pitchfork business now. I only ask for 15% share of the profits.

We'll be bang in the middle in a dull but comfortable season. We'll score a lot more than last season as we finally have a manager that appreciates that you need to score goals in this league. Citeh to win the title and the champs league. Pool to spend most of the season whining about 'cheque book success' as Salah fires blanks. Bournemouth survive - just - as Brighton, Cardiff and Everton (would be hilarious) are relegated. Mark Hughes leaves Saints to become England manager at the end of the season and manages to persuade Gareth Bale (and FIFA) that he's really English and the whole Welsh thing was a bit of a misunderstanding.

Thought about it. 16th or 17th. Again, will be considered a great season by the board as money rolls in with minimum outlay.

You sure that you have thought about it? You say the same thing every season. Last season was the season that matched your prediction

Think that we will be slightly better than this. Maybe 12th to 15th.

The top 6 will stay the top 6, Citeh will be champions, Man Utd will win one of the cups and and Arsenal will win the other one. Spurs will win nothing again.

Everton will finish 7th and Silva will be lauded - despite the fact they spent more money than anyone else outside the top 6.

Leicester and Puel will do better than we hope - even without Mahrez - finishing in the top 10.

Saints will be in the relegation battle again - as we will still lack a goalscorer and a solid defence - but survive again thanks to there being 4 worse teams.

Burnley will do well in the Europa but struggle in the Premier League.

Fulham and Wolves will finish above Saints.

Bournemouth will finish mid table.

West Ham will finally have a good season.

Cardiff, Huddersfield, Palace (without Zaha) and Watford will be in the bottom 4.

One thread on this forum, by the end of the season, to actually remain on topic...

... nah, what am I saying? The usual suspects will be out infecting every thread with their moans and whinges over everything the club have done over the last 5 years, oh, and the mods will do nothing about it.

Scoring goals will be our problem again. Defence will tighten up after a while. We'll finish 14th or 15th. Nothing special. Hughes will just about last the season. Not sure about Gao.

Liverpool will be much better this time round.

Arsenal will have early teething troubles but come back strongly.

New Chelsea manager will do well, but Hazard will leave for Real Madrid

Spurs will be annoyingly good, but Poch might have his head turned by Spain

Bournemouth will struggle

Everton won't quite gel enough to trouble the top 6 at the end of the season, but Silva will do ok

Man City will be pretty brilliant again, and win the league again

Utd will lose patience with Mourinho

Bale might return to the PL

Amazed how many feel we will be bang in the middle.

Have you not seen our defence and strikers?

My thoughts. I think we'll be struggling again. Not convinced by the purchases we've made either. Happy to be proved wrong, as usual.

At some point Hughes will become embroiled in a handshake controversy

And a fallout with a player who is then frozen out.

Not necessarily Hughes fault, as with Boufal, but this thing does seem to be a trait of his management style. My guess for the sweepstake will be Lemina after under-performing once too often.

Abramovich loses interest after his visa troubles. Chelsea are magic, and disappear from the top division.

Puel has interesting possibilities away from Leicester.

BFS (wherever he is?) gets another chance at a team yet to be determined, around about Christmas, for a club rather more decisive than Saints.

Klopp has an unfortunate incident when the wind changes and his gurning gets fixed in place.

Everton remodel their dugouts as they realise they can't afford a new ground.

Citeh continue to make the Premier League boring: playing great football..

Gallagher scores a hat-trick for Saints and the forum goes into melt down. We lose 3-4.

Apart from that I haven't a clue.

brilliant.....

I’d say 12th for us, and seeing the way opposition teams have sliced our defence like a hot knife through warm butter in pre-season and the official SFC video had an attacking player getting in a forward position that resulted in an easy clearance listed as a ‘chance’ this might be optimistic.

I think we’ll struggle but will guess at 15th, hoping for an improvement in home form, we were far to easy to play against last season , such a shame that we’ve wasted money on a grand scale, big money players Boufal and Carrillo out on loan,Forster sat on the bench collecting a massive salary, I can’t really criticise Saints for not spending money , just some very bad decisions.

Plenty of other teams that could also struggle next season , Huddersfield, Fulham, Brighton, Cardiff, Watford and Burnley will be bottom 3rd of the table along with us

With the others on this one....think we will struggle again

- Did a good job to keep us up, but not convinced in Mark Hughes. Just hope we enjoy some "good times", before the "bad times" kick in.

- Players have left and not been adequately replaced.

- We have not addressed the issues with the squad from the last couple of seasons

- Our squad looks to be the worst for quite a few years.

- Cant see where the goals required to stay up are going to come from, we seemed to be pinning our hopes on Austen staying fit all season.

- Cant see us having too many clean sheets!

- Steven Davis is still here and will get mins on the pitch for some reason.

- Nathan Redmond

Hughes will not last the season.

Man City will win the league, with Liverpool second.

The special one will walk away from OT.

Everton will flatter to deceive again.

Saints will stay up with new manager again and go through another summer of rebuilding in 2019.

Perm any from about 10 to go down.

Spurs will have a bad season, 6th ish, as Kane will have a hard season being marked out of many games.

First manager sacked.... Sari

First manager to be sacked - Puel.

I doubt it. Leicester have 4-5 of the best players outside the top 6 clubs and will /should comfortable finish top 10.

It won't be pretty or exciting but I think even Pellegrino could get that squad into top 10 or better.

I can't get Sunderland out of my had. Almost get relegated. Stuck with a load of players draining them of cash preventing them making serious signings that can turn the team around, get relegated, Are our signings going to make a significant positive impact to our side? If not then I predict 17th, at best.

Saints will be in the relegation battle again - as we will still lack a goalscorer and a solid defence - but survive again thanks to there being 4 worse teams

Exactly how I see it.

As things stand our strikers will not be able to score more than we let in. If we can sort out both then we could finish around 10th.

Tadic will be a bigger loss then some think.

I doubt it. Leicester have 4-5 of the best players outside the top 6 clubs and will /should comfortable finish top 10.

It won't be pretty or exciting but I think even Pellegrino could get that squad into top 10 or better.

Yet he couldn’t match Puel’s record with us?

Getting your excuses in early. Good lad.

I can't get Sunderland out of my had. Almost get relegated. Stuck with a load of players draining them of cash preventing them making serious signings that can turn the team around, get relegated, Are our signings going to make a significant positive impact to our side? If not then I predict 17th, at best.

To go full Sunderland we need to sack Hughes in late September. Part of Sunderland's problem was they would sack a manager every season bring in a new one who would then want his own signings and not the ones brought in by the last manager.

Exactly how I see it.

As things stand our strikers will not be able to score more than we let in. If we can sort out both then we could finish around 10th.

Tadic will be a bigger loss then some think.

you do know 13 teams in the PL failed to score more than they let in last season don't you?