Saints 1-1 Man Utd - Reaction

OttawaSaint

Well earned point. Could well have won that with 11 men.

Yep. We were looking the team most likely to score again up until the red card.

Given how much pressure they put us under after that, I'll gladly take that point. Not a chance we would have held on to that last season, so the signs of improvement are there.

Silly from Danso but I really like him so far, will be great at CB I think. Very pleased for Vest, been criticised by all, including me, and I always say he should be more dangerous from set pieces. Well today he was a monster, and got an important goal too, great stuff.

Good point without our two best wide men.

Bednarek and Romeu were awesome but MOM to Vestegaard. Great blocks and a great header.

JWP, who should have been helping Cedric with James, wasn't even in the camera shot for the United goal. Cedric recovered well from that though.

Adams needs to hit the target with his next effort.

Good result

Happy with 4 points from the opening 4 games as 2 of them were Liverpool and Man U

Yep, the real disappointment was the implosion against Burnley. But as you say 4 points ok, 6 would have been nice. A steady start and we will be OK if we are more clinical against our mid to lower rivals.

Over the course of the game it’s a fair result, the momentum really ebbed and flowed between the two teams. I thought we were looking favourites to get the next goal before the red card so that’s a shame, but overall we’ve gotta be happy with a point after defending with ten men for 20 odd mins. Some really good performances from the CBs and Romeu in particular.

Utd are pretty ordinary but Wan-Bissaka is some player. Tackle after tackle.

Brilliant second half which seems to be a theme. Romeu outstanding.

Utd use to have the best away support in the country, amazing what a few years of nothing does as they were terrible today.

Great point and happy with 4 points from those 4 games.

A decent effort given the circumstances, defended a lot better but stupid from Danso. Adams really needs a goal though, had a great chance which he sliced. Another positive contribution from Boufal. I think with him, Redmond and Djenepo we should be able to get enough goals to stay up this season. Difficult to assess 4 games in, but having played Liverpool and Utd 4 points isn't a disastrous return.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

As said a great performance from Vestergard and Bednarek, Romeu was a monster in the centre too. Pretty poor game from Adams, Ings wasn’t good either. Would quite like to see Boufal through the middle with Redmond and Djenepo either side, if Obafemi can ever be not injured that would be a lively front 4 (probably get ripped defensively though...Chris Nicholl style football).

Watched it with my Grandson and we enjoyed the determination of our defenders. I'm a little disappointed in Adams though. Perhaps he would be better as and early sub. Yet again Young got away with his tackles but the Yellow he received was well deserved. Rashfords 'corner' was not! All in all well done to all. Once Saints scored the Mancs went silent. Arrogant s.h.i.t.s

Out and about today so not followed the game, thus a draw is a decent result on the surface.

At least it gives the mods further chance to turn a blind eye to the next "XXX days since a win against the top 6" post...

Edited by trousers

Important to point out that Boufal was up against Wan Bissaka too, for me the best defence full back in the league. Really wished he'd been switched out to the right hand side to face Young. Thought he did well, worked hard, they were definitely worried about him as he always seemed to have 3 players in front of him.

Called the Danso red card, could sense it. Shame as he and we looked decent up to then. Decent long throw on him too.

Take the point - rom and vesty excellent. Hoj seemed out of sorts

Boufal has potential

I even wondered what the odds were of a Danso red card as soon as he got the booking, felt inevitbale, surprised you didn't make some money out of that one.

Thought he looked a good player though, encouraging signs apart from his crazy yellow.

Important to point out that Boufal was up against Wan Bissaka too, for me the best defence full back in the league. Really wished he'd been switched out to the right hand side to face Young. Thought he did well, worked hard, they were definitely worried about him as he always seemed to have 3 players in front of him.

Yeah, I thought the same. Wan-Bissaka put in a maginificent performance here last season and he was on similar form today. Putting Boufal against him felt like we were negating his best attribute. That being said, I thought Boufal played ok in general.

Some people might point to his poor pass to Hojbjerg as typical-Boufal, but the failure was not putting him earlier, after that it was a poor run from Hojbjerg, didn't give Boufal a good angle to play.

What was Danso thinking???? Up until then he was the best player in a shirt. Fantastic buy.

Hate sitting in family stand, can’t express myself fully with kids about but had perfect view of Utd goal. Carbon copy of Liverpool game mane goal, just stood off player, absolutely pathetic. Was screaming close him down, then bang and once again, goal!

Romeu, take a bow. Was fantastic against Liverpool. Was man of the match today. Got a second wind again. Must’ve been the solid Ralph pre-season. Fantastic performance. Lost count number of times broke it up or won it back. Class.

Overall, if Danso doesn’t go sliding in like that, we win that game.

Utd are not the same Utd of old.

Up the saints!!!

Got to be happy with a point in the circumstances. We've picked up 4 points in 2 games without playing well which augers well for if and when we do start to perform. Still loads of issues, particularly Ings and Adams who look static and unthreatening.

Amazing the different views people have.

Romeu was dog **** first half, hojberg was carrying him

Yep and don’t agree with yours one bit Hojberg and JWP were poor and dragging Romeu across and he was pulled out of position second half he was immense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got to be happy with a point in the circumstances. We've picked up 4 points in 2 games without playing well which augers well for if and when we do start to perform. Still loads of issues, particularly Ings and Adams who look static and unthreatening.

Ings at least wins the ball in the air as was shown again today but where was his support? He challenged almost every possible header and on this performance he was an improvement from previous games. MOTM for me was Romeu he was outstanding once he got his second wind.

Good game to be at. Can't fault the players effort of work rate today at times though they are just let down by their own lack of quality.

Defence was pretty solid help out by a bit of luck.

Midfield was decent mostly thanks to Romeu who was Motm today one of his best performances in a long time

Attack looked about as threatening as a blunt, rusty butter knife. Neither Ings, Adams or Boufal looked threatening to often over doing it in the final third and wasting the few opportunities we had.

Danso looks like a good player quick, strong good with the ball. A shame about the red card but then the ref was just looking to give man u an advantage so at least he was happy.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk