• Jake Vokins
    • Ibrahima Diallo
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Caleb Watts
    • Kgagole Chauke
    • Shane Long
    • Dan Nlundulu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 21:00

2 minutes ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Cant believe how pedestrian and slow our build up play is against substandard opposition

Given our current injury 'crisis', why would we bust a gut when we don't need to? Excellent game management so far IMO

Edited by trousers
  • Like 1

Just now, northam soul said:

Bizarre why he’s taking them.

To be fair, Bertrand occasionally takes free kicks and corners. I think all of our corners so far have been on the right so Vokins is taking them as in-swingers. If they were on the other side I'm sure JWP would be taking.

Comfortable first half but nothing special. Yet to get out of second gear really. Good to see the youngsters looking confident on the ball though. Would be tempted to bring on Adams and Armstrong to inject a bit more tenacity and experience into proceedings but there's also an argument for sticking with the youngsters to protect the first teamers. 3-0 final score I reckon.

Pretty shocking quality all round. If this is the future, now we're penniless and selling off our best players, it's not a rosy picture.

Shane Long can't even get into the game against a league one side. How on earth did he get a new contract?

Couple of decent touches from Watts, but our lack of genuine wide players isn't helping the cause.

14 minutes ago, northam soul said:

Bizarre why he’s taking them.

Perhaps Hasenhutl needs to try other players and give them practice and confidence. JWP has played very game for God knows how long but we shouldn't be completely reliant on him for set pieces. It seems a good opportunity to try someone else.

1 minute ago, trousers said:

I mentioned this earlier but I suspect much of our seemingly lackluster performance is down to Ralph instructing them not to bust a gut if we don't need to. #selfpreservation

Only 4 of them are likely to start at the weekend.

Edited by Matthew Le God

30 minutes ago, LaptopSaint said:

The Jam:

“Wish I could be like Caleb Watts

La la la la la, la la la”

Anyone got a song for Kegs or N’lundulu? 

For Nlundulu, to "the wanderer"

He's the type of guy who likes to rubnaround,

When he gets hit he never goes to ground,

He kicks em and he heads em, cos to him their all the same,

I don't know where he came from, I can barely spell his name, 

It's Dan Nlundulu, yeah Nlundulu, he runs around around around around around...

Edited by Saint_clark
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, trousers said:

I mentioned this earlier but I suspect much of our seemingly lackluster performance is down to Ralph instructing them not to bust a gut if we don't need to. #selfpreservation

Until they score, then both teams will be in 'scrapping for a win' mode and players risk getting injured. Why not go for 2 or 3 and put it beyond then? We're not looking close to tiring them out. By contrast Saints supporters are asleep!😉

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Only 4 of them are likely to start at the weekend.

It's all or nothing with our set-up though. 60% busting a gut and 40% taking it easy wouldn't really work. Just a hunch anyway. Could well be wide of the mark

1 minute ago, Saint Fan CaM said:

Until they score, then both teams will be in 'scrapping for a win' mode and players risk getting injured. Why not go for 2 or 3 and put it beyond then? We're not looking close to tiring them out. By contrast Saints supporters are asleep!😉

I reckon we'll win by 2 or 3 playing the way we're currently playing 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Probably because it is a pandemic, they may not even be at the stadium and this game will have a tiny number of viewers with PL games on Sky tonight.

Yeah I’ve had a look

This wasn’t one of the 8 ties officially selected for TV but the additional ones for the ‘digital’ platforms/red button.

Not bad though we’ll get £37,500 for it

I'm surprised at how bad Shane long has been. He looks like he's playing above his level and struggling to cope. I honestly expected him to be decent tonight against weaker opposition.

On a positive note valery looks comfortable going forwards, watts looks good, diallo and jwp are bossing midfield without breaking a sweat.

4 minutes ago, Chez said:

Not sure any of the youngsters have impressed.

Never rated Long, but not sure he deserves the abuse he is getting on here.

I've changed my mind. he does deserve the stick. He's as bang average as I always said he was.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

For Nlundulu, to "the wanderer"

He's the type of guy who likes to rubnaround,

When he gets hit he never goes to ground,

He kicks em and he heads em, cos to him their all the same,

I don't know where he came from, I can barely spell his name, 

It's Dan Nlundulu, yeah Nlundulu, he runs around around around around around...

This is my son's idea, so don't blame me, he thinks the Star Wars theme for Nlundulu. You know how it goes.

2 minutes ago, StrangelyBrown said:

I'm surprised at how bad Shane long has been. He looks like he's playing above his level and struggling to cope. I honestly expected him to be decent tonight against weaker opposition.

On a positive note valery looks comfortable going forwards, watts looks good, diallo and jwp are bossing midfield without breaking a sweat.

not buying this Valery good going forward stuff. He's looked completely unimpressive.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Saints vs Shrewsbury - Match Thread