• Jake Vokins
    • Ibrahima Diallo
    • James Ward-Prowse
    • Caleb Watts
    • Kgagole Chauke
    • Shane Long
    • Dan Nlundulu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/01/21 at 21:00

Just now, trousers said:

Yep, defo got something about him. Arguably our best player in the first half.

Bugger... Adams should score

Caught the ey with the socks around the ankles. A nice Cryuff turn, but to be honest not much else. Not sure physically he is quite there. Lacks a yard of pace.

Nice goal JWP.

1 minute ago, Jonnyboy said:

Don't get the Long hate, he's always played like this. 

yep, me too. He will chase and press hard, turn shit long balls into good ones due to his pace, but that is pretty much it. 

Valery again. Shite.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've moaned a lot. Job was done, but the youth didn't impress much, especially at fullback, which is worrying as they are our first team cover. I think we need to seriously consider signings there this summer.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

Ah well. At least we’re through. Moral of today is we’re very light in attack and can’t afford to lose Ings. The kids are way off being ready. But Diallo and JWP are quality. 

Thought Jankewitz looked quality in the 10 minutes or so he had

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DT said:

Ah well. At least we’re through. Moral of today is we’re very light in attack and can’t afford to lose Ings. The kids are way off being ready. But Diallo and JWP are quality. 

Well it looks like we are going to lose him so will have to trust in the board to replace him!

3 minutes ago, Chez said:

yep, me too. He will chase and press hard, turn shit long balls into good ones due to his pace, but that is pretty much it. 

I agree he did,  but the last 18mths or so he's hit the wall, legs gone, no composure and no idea whats around him, shame as he has put a shift in over the seasons but that should be it from him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trousers said:

Did what we needed to do. No more, no less.

Good to see some of the youngsters getting first team experience. Thought they were decent enough, Watts probably the best of the bunch.

JWP never put a foot wrong yet again. My MotM

Proper professional captains performance.

looked like we could knock it up a cog or two if necessary - aside from the win a good chance to give a few lads a run out and put the Ralph way into practice against unknown players 

What a shit show in the final third, not helped by Shlong running about like a headless chicken. Trying to play through gaps which werent there as they had 10/11 behind the ball most of the time.

Least the kids got some minutes, although not many stood out. Thought Watts was probably the brightest, Vokins next.

JWP, Diallo and Bednarek all looked very comfortable.

We got the win which puts us into the next round, thats the main thing :)

Prowsey yet another outstanding free kick - there's no better free kick taker in the world for me.

Chuffed for N'Lundulu that he got a goal.

Watts looked good and Jankewitz was quality when he came on. The other young lads acquitted themselves well too.

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 1

Have to say, in spite of our inability to put the game to bed I quite enjoyed it - nice to see us as the team in control of the ball for long stretches of the game (obviously to be expected against this calibre of opposition). Still never really felt like there was a risk of us losing and enjoyed seeing the youth get a run out.

I was impressed with the lad Watts, happy for Dan and think the other youth lads gave a decent account of themselves.

I echo the frustrations about the finishing of our senior players. Adams really had to bury the 1v1 and Longs inability to control the ball and lay off the simple pass was, as another user here put it, embarrassing.

Armstrong looked a cut above the rest when he came on.

• Like 1

Watched the game and then flicked through the match chat. Many different comments to how I saw it which was a comfortable win against a well organised but limited team.

Watts did OK. N'Lundulu has good presence but lacks first touch, nice to see him score. Chauke wasn't that impressive but was playing out of position. Vokins took up good positions without seeing much of the ball.

Stephens and Bednarek strolled through the game. People that say Stephens is League One standard really don't have a clue as to what that actually means.

Even though he was only on for 10 minutes and playing out of position I thought Jankewitz was good. Nice passing, good movement and close control. Would like to see more of him.

Long was terrible. 

• Like 7

Im sorry to carry on the Long bashing, but in a team full of kids, how can he look the least impressive forward on display. Admittedly this is my own point of view and Im sure some others will see it differently. Its just that with his experience, youd think hed be the one showing the composure, but it just never seemed that way to me. Shame hes ending his Saints career this way. I think Ralph chose the starting 11 wisely today. Experience all thru the middle making us solid and youth everywhere else. JWP probably MoM for me.

• Like 3

Did what was needed, game was never fully under control but we always had just about enough.

Long is absolutely diabolical. He is finished as a top level player. I'd put N'Lundulu and my dog above him in the pecking order. 

Good around the place he may be, but a footballer he isn't.

• Like 2

Ho hum, we're through. Although the kids may not be ready at least they got some much needed experience and in the case of 17 year old Finnigan an unexpected appearance bonus! Thought Watts looked the brightest, but they've all got good technique even if they're not yet up to speed. 

Valery has gone backwards and seems to have lost all confidence and the conviction to go on the outside. Long, bless, I don't know, hurry up and get his coaching badges? They all need shooting practice on their weaker foot..

2 hours ago, Viking Saint said:

Long is always my main concern. Stealing a living. His contract extension defies belief given that we haven't got a pot to piss in

I know he's a cheeky Irish chappy who can sing and run amusingly around in circles and everybody loves him for it but, as a footballer, he clearly is no longer good enough against League One opposition. But, could we find a League Two team to loan him to that could pay even 10% of his wages? I think we're stuck with him. 

5 minutes ago, Nordic Saint said:

I know he's a cheeky Irish chappy who can sing and run amusingly around in circles and everybody loves him for it but, as a footballer, he clearly is no longer good enough against League One opposition. But, could we find a League Two team to loan him to that could pay even 10% of his wages?  

10% of his wages would be out of reach for League One and League Two clubs.

• Like 1

Did enough nothing more.

Stephens, Bednareck,  Diallo and JWP stood head and shoulders above all others with JWP my MOTM. Though I will say all the kids tried and looked no worse than Long.

JWP's freekicks always looks like the keeper should save them but, when he puts the ball so close to the post I'm sure the keepers are nervous of hitting it!

• Like 1