West Ham 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

11 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I highly doubt it. He won't get much patience in the first half of next season though if we're fighting relegation again.

Yep partially agree except I think Ralph will be give more than the first half- I think unless we are on 0 pts from 10, he’ll be given at least 30 games. If we continue this 2021 run the damage might be too late by then.

I think it’s a tough balancing act though.

Do we invest as much with a manager who is now very much becoming 50/50 with the fanbase?

Or do we hold back on investment to save it for paying Ralph off if this form continues? Or do we save some funds for a new man to have some to spend in Jan 2022?

Some tough questions but this would be all futile assuming board give Ralph their full backing including keeping him in the Championship if the worst were to happen.

Just now, S-Clarke said:

The spine of this team is flawed, full stop. JWP is a pansy, good player in his own right, but an absolute poof as a captain. Needs stronger characters around him.

When Bednarek is on form he's average, no more than that. When he's off form he doesn't know how to play football, there's no middle ground from him. 

We need a strong, powerful centre back with character. We need a strong, powerful midfielder with character.

And we need to show Redmond the door before I push him out of it myself.

It is a little bit like groundhog day, it's been groundhog day since Koeman left really. Trying to make a long-term competitive team with this bunch is pretty much a lost cause, sadly we have no money to change it. Big cockup.

Now prove me wrong and go and win the 2nd half with a Redmond hat-trick.

I’ve said it before but JWP isn’t half the player he is when Romeu is alongside him.

Just now, saintwbu said:

In the first 28 minutes, Ralph’s tactics had us dominating the game and creating 3 or 4 great chances that should’ve been scored. Then some poor individual defending and goalkeeping results in two quick goals in a couple of minutes. Which part of that is Ralphs fault? 

Because he didn’t need to select McCarthy, Redmond and Bednarek. There were viable alternatives to all three in better form. 

• Like 3

So bored of this every sodding week. Picking the same shit players. Doing the same mistakes. Having press conferences where the manager says such uninspiring tosh as ‘clubs like ours will only ever just survive’. I mean, talk about fighting talk. Fed up with it. Club rotten to the core? With Redmond epitomising it standing offside with his hands on his hips, and McCarthy doing similar by flapping every time he plays. Manager has lost the dressing room, clearly. And the players aren’t good enough. 

Edited by DT
  • Like 1

Just now, saintwbu said:

In the first 28 minutes, Ralph’s tactics had us dominating the game and creating 3 or 4 great chances that should’ve been scored. Then some poor individual defending and goalkeeping results in two quick goals in a couple of minutes. Which part of that is Ralphs fault? 

Modern football, fans can't see beyond the manager. They seem to think a new manager is going to get this bunch playing better. Hughes didn't manage it, Pelligrino - let's not go there. 

We ideally need to rip the squad up and start from scratch, bar 4 players in my opinion. I know it won't happen though and I fear for next season because of that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TWar said:

We've dominated possession and created just as many chances as them, sorry I'm disrupting the pity party but we are one good keeper away from this being 0-0 and a good striker next to Ings away from being ahead. Over half the lads are doing ok, it's a few doing dreadful.

There’s not a lot they can do if they can’t trust the keeper.

Just now, saint1977 said:

Because he didn’t need to select McCarthy, Redmond and Bednarek. There were viable alternatives to all three in better form. 

This. But keeps on doing it. Blind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saintwbu said:

You’re right. It’s just a coincidence that we’ve seen that scenario about 20 times this season. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager. 

• Like 3

Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

There’s not a lot they can do if they can’t trust the keeper.

I actually can't remember last time we had a keeper I fully trusted over a whole season. These are the worst we've had though in a long time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

We've dominated possession and created just as many chances as them, sorry I'm disrupting the pity party but we are one good keeper away from this being 0-0 and a good striker next to Ings away from being ahead. Over half the lads are doing ok, it's a few doing dreadful.

Sensible post but put your tin hat on

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Take your head out of the sand. The shit running through this side is killing us.

Never mind McCarthy's lack of shot stopping, his in possession play is just totally incompetent. What manager in his right mind would allow him to do that. It led directly to the first goal, that and outnumbered at the back. Diallo spectating, just the back three and KWP managing to get back. Redmond is brainless stood offside for ten seconds until he noticed, moved onside but was offside when he received the ball, air shot defending then not bothering to defend. Our defensive organisation is non-existent. Vestergaard doing a great impression of a lamp post 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’re right. It’s just a coincidence that we’ve seen that scenario about 20 times this season. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager. 

It's not a coincidence, our keepers are bad, so they lose us a lot of games.

4 minutes ago, TWar said:

To be honest, defensively (Bednarek) - absolute mess.

JWP in midfield, absolute mess letting Bowen get a run on him and beat him.

Keeping the ball in between the lines and failing at either end equals a very, very, very poor team. Nothing good about this bunch, load of losers.

8 minutes ago, CWD said:

Could easily have been 2-0 up ourselves with better finishing, but the defending from that point is woeful. 

Same old story. Some good stuff, no end product, concede, capitulate. 

It's fucking boring. 

Minamino funked up 2 good chances with bad touches  , the one on one and a great break before that. 

2 bad bits of defending and it's all gone.

2nd half has started and Redmond is still on the pitch WTF

Just now, Chapel End said:

Interesting to see certain posters post so heavily when its shit but rarely when it was good. 

Probably because it’s very rare that it’s good....

• Haha 1

You think managers don’t make any difference? 

Dear god, the cult of Ralph  runs really deep. 

Hughes, Pelligrino didn't make any difference.

Why are the players getting off scott free? This group have been together for 4-5 years now and have been involved in our worst performances, defeats and runs as a premier league team. That's under numerous managers. Horrible squad, horrible group. Bar 3 or 4 I'd let the lot out of the door tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

True but he has to take responsibility for how quick we crumble & how easily we concede, he doesn't seem to have instilled any mental strength in our players.  our complete lack of grit and a plan b for when it isn't working is obvious for all to see, losing 16 odd games out of 20 is way beyond poor it's laughable.. yet he's still here 

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Commentator just explains how Ralph controls every aspect of the football side of the club. Yet the cult don’t think he’s to blame for anything. Unbelievable 

"The cult" 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

All of it....

if he takes credit for 10 mins of reasonably average football in a game he takes the blame for the other 80! 
Ralphs team selections are pub team standard too! 

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Doesn’t seem much of a coincidence to me when it’s the same shit group of players that have struggled for years

McCarthy couldn’t catch a cold.

Bednarek has been poor since Christmas.

I’m not a “Ralph out” person but Christ this is really really bad, any other manager would’ve gone by now. Losing 17 of 20 and in the second half of the season is shambolic.

Should just pay a shit ton to get an ‘incredible manager’ in and try to attract players this way.

Need to stop pissing about with “players for the future” and buy experienced now.

• Like 1

Commentator just explains how Ralph controls every aspect of the football side of the club. Yet the cult don’t think he’s to blame for anything. Unbelievable 

No, its just a nutter like who made that up and its boring

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Are you still banging on about how good Redmond is and you can see it where others can’t?

To be honest Redmond is shit. But so is adams, the only reason I mentioned Redmond is because he gets dogs abuse every game but other (adams) get off lightly. 

Is it any coincidence that all of our wingers are shite? I wonder if the system we play just doesn’t suit them. 

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:

True but he has to take responsibility for how quick we crumble & how easily we concede, he doesn't seem to have instilled any mental strength in our players.  our complete lack of grit and a plan b for when it isn't working is obvious for all to see, losing 16 odd games out of 20 is way beyond poor it's laughable.. yet he's still here 

No you don’t get it. When it’s good, it’s Ralph, when it’s shite it’s the players. That’s how it works. Re-educate yourself. 

1 minute ago, captainchris said:

All of it....

if he takes credit for 10 mins of reasonably average football in a game he takes the blame for the other 80! 
Ralphs team selections are pub team standard too! 

This shit football does bring out some heavy drinkers 

Either the players are rubbish and by some miracle Ralph had them performing wonders at the start of the season, or the majority of the squad can actually do a job in the PL under the right circumstances and Ralph isn't getting the best from them anymore. Ralph isn't schrodinger's manager

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Serious question, but how does a manager do that ? Adkins was critiscised for some of his 'psychobabble' , perhaps that's the way.

The players are grown men and should be able to take responsibility for themselves when they go onto the pitch. But they don't seem capable of it, too focused on their millionaire lifestyles, and what the next tattoo wiil be. 

We don't sign experienced players who will act as leaders on the field, that doesn't help. Imagine Bally or Jimmy Case putting up with this bunch of softies.

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

No it isn't.

It was said as much in a fans forum and was confirmed pretty much by semmens at the time.

Ralph has autonomy because nobody else has a clue about football.

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

Blame injuries, suspensions or poor players all you want, but the simple reason Ralph has to go is that, yet again, he has no idea how to try and get us back into this game 

Doesn’t matter mate. We won’t 6 of first 8 games. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

No you don’t get it. When it’s good, it’s Ralph, when it’s shite it’s the players. That’s how it works. Re-educate yourself. 

Please promise me you'll never stop entertaining us with your inciseive wit Lord D. 

Just now, JustinSFC said:

No it isn't.

It was said as much in a fans forum and was confirmed pretty much by semmens at the time.

Ralph has autonomy because nobody else has a clue about football.

The dinosaur said it was on here it is being said and it isn't. 

One minor positive is Minamino hasn't looked completely useless today. There are signs there if we are going to persevere with signing him that it wouldn't be a completely awful signing... though I'd still rather we sign someone proven or more of a creative midfielder which we lack.

I do think we have a goal in us today... if it is the next one, West Ham may implode. Maybe dreaming though. 

Romeu coming on!

7 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

McCarthy couldn’t catch a cold.

Bednarek has been poor since Christmas.

I’m not a “Ralph out” person but Christ this is really really bad, any other manager would’ve gone by now. Losing 17 of 20 and in the second half of the season is shambolic.

Should just pay a shit ton to get an ‘incredible manager’ in and try to attract players this way.

Need to stop pissing about with “players for the future” and buy experienced now.

What "incredible manager" is going to come to us as we are ?

Totally agree about buying experience.

11 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

8 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

1 minute ago, Chapel End said:

The dinosaur said it was on here it is being said and it isn't. 

6 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

This shit football does bring out some heavy drinkers 

Agreed. Step away from the bar. 

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to West Ham 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic