West Ham 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

Ralph should be smashing Redmond’s head into the dressing room wall now. Such weak character running threw this team and don’t give a shit about making mistakes. Imagine what Roy Keane would be saying to Redmond after that second goal?

• Like 6

Just now, woodsaint1 said:

McCarthy has been dreadful the last few times hes played. Cant expect to compete at a decent level with pish keepers. Need to clear McCarthy, Gunn and Forster out and start again in the summer. Dave Watson can fuck off aswell

Agreed. 

Only problems no one will take the players and we probably don't want to spend what little we have on paying up Watson's contract.

• Like 1

We don't have a big defensive midfielder to break up play (a la Wanyama).

We don't have a left back that can constantly get forward. (A la prime Bertrand.)

We don't have a goalkeeper that anyone can rely on for a full season. (A la Niemi.)

We don't have a top centre back. (A la Van Dijk.)

We don't have a creative midfielder that can unlock a defence. (A la Tadic. )

We don't have a striker to partner and complement Ings regularly.

Until these problems are rectified, we will be relegation fodder every season. And to fix these problems, we need money. Seeing as the chairman is unlikely to fund us a big spending spree, I can see us going down our usual route of selling Jewels. 

This could be a few people's last game, and include the manager in that now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

If the result stays the same, we would have lost 19 games this season. That's half our games. Absolutely shocking.

‘If the result stays the same’. 👍it really is. Time’s up, Ralph. New start. 

1 minute ago, gammon cheeks said:

Its just the same all the fookin time !  Nice football had a few chances and then 2 0 down !   We are so weak and feeble its getting to the point of madness .

Our speciality combo of missing easy chances that no one else would and giving away easy chances that no one else apart from us would miss don't auger too well for next season. 

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

Has to take responsibility for the team selection and motivation but whichever way you look it's a pretty poor bunch to select from. I think the forum is already decided that Djeneppo for example offers fuck all.

I bet you’re one of those that praises the manager when we do well, and blames Les Reed when we don’t. 

8 minutes ago, SKD said:

‘Let’s try this again, it might work this week’

Totally out of his depth Tactically. 

Trying the stuff that saw us win 6 of our first 8 games. Convenient for you to forget that.

The only person showing their footballing unintelligence is you. I'd have thought you'd have realised to not spout off but here you still are embarrassing yourself every week.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Not excusing this shambling defending but virtually no one was slagging  everything in first half of season.

Ralph and a very similar team were playing good stuff then.

Players weren't shit and the coaching wasnt called clueless.

🤔🤔

And? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davefizzy14 said:

Why is Fraser not playing. Clearly our undisputed number one. Alex was static for their second. Could have done better with the 1st too.

That’s putting it mildly. He palmed the ball out harder than the initial shot came in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

Not excusing this shambling defending but virtually no one was slagging  everything in first half of season.

🤔🤔

Because it’s now clear the first half of the season was anomalous 

Could easily have been 2-0 up ourselves with better finishing, but the defending from that point is woeful. 

Same old story. Some good stuff, no end product, concede, capitulate. 

It's fucking boring. 

Just now, Teddeer said:

Absolute rubbish.

We've had just as many chances with Minimino and KWP both going 1v1 with the keeper. Macca poor for both goals, first one he has to push round the post he can't be parrying that back out into the box. Second completely flat footed, rooted to the spot. He won't be expected to always save the second but he can try.

• Like 1

What a truly awful defensive team we have become.  Our four top eight finishes were built on clean sheets, and we are incapable of getting clean sheets now.  It will always be a struggle until the basics of tightening up are mastered.

Edited by Forester
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chapel End said:

🤔🤔

Well yes because we were doing well.

Which cre*in would criticise a team that is doing well?

I think most of us saw we were showing great form at the time, and now the criticism is rightly coming in because the implosion we’ve had is beyond unforeseen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob76 said:

I think picking Redmond every week is a stackable offence in itself.

He's playing as a wingback and we have literally no one else who can play there. No right answer really.

14 minutes ago, Streaky said:

We need a massive clear out in the summer and if that means ings and vestagaard have to be sold so be it. The whole club is in a rut.

Agreed. If we keep those two but can't buy anyone else, there's only one direction of travel for the club. Might as well roll the dice.

4 minutes ago, DT said:

Abysmal. Any other club would have pulled the trigger

Yeah because whoever we replace Ralph with will work wonders with the likes of McCarthy, Bednarek, Stephens, Redmond, Walcott and Minamino. He deserves alot of criticism but christ the night Pep would struggle with these fuckwits

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TWar said:

We've had just as many chances with Minimino and KWP both going 1v1 with the keeper. Macca poor for both goals, first one he has to push round the post he can't be parrying that back out into the box. Second completely flat footed, rooted to the spot. He won't be expected to always save the second but he can try.

Time to take off the red and white tinted specs and admit to our massive shortcomings. We are woeful all over the pitch.

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

I bet you’re one of those that praises the manager when we do well, and blames Les Reed when we don’t. 

The blame for recruitment of players during his tenure remains with Reed (and his lackie Wilson), these are players we can't shift. If any manager can get something out of the poor squad at his disposal then he deserves credit.

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Trying the stuff that saw us win 6 of our first 8 games. Convenient for you to forget that.

The only person showing their footballing unintelligence is you. I'd have thought you'd have realised to not spout off but here you still are embarrassing yourself every week.

what an idiotic post this is 😂😂😂

Ever thought that maybe just possibly his tactics have been found out? Or certain players are out of form (Bednerak as a prime example).

I Couldn’t give 2 shits about the first 8 games, I judge over the course of a season and it’s been abolsutley pathetic since November. 

• Like 1

I watch a lot of games to see the other teams in action and no-one, not even the fodder in the bottom 3 make as many cockups as us. It’s like 2-3 a game. It’s not even close either. If you were to watch back every goal we’ve conceded this year 70% of the replays probably start with us on the ball. Why are we this sloppy?

1 minute ago, Badger said:

The blame for recruitment of players during his tenure remains with Reed (and his lackie Wilson), these are players we can't shift. If any manager can get something out of the poor squad at his disposal then he deserves credit.

What about 4 top 8 finishes, I presume they’re down to Les as well. 

The spine of this team is flawed, full stop. JWP is a pansy, good player in his own right, but an absolute poof as a captain. Needs stronger characters around him.

When Bednarek is on form he's average, no more than that. When he's off form he doesn't know how to play football, there's no middle ground from him. 

We need a strong, powerful centre back with character. We need a strong, powerful midfielder with character.

And we need to show Redmond the door before I push him out of it myself.

It is a little bit like groundhog day, it's been groundhog day since Koeman left really. Trying to make a long-term competitive team with this bunch is pretty much a lost cause, sadly we have no money to change it. Big cockup.

Now prove me wrong and go and win the 2nd half with a Redmond hat-trick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TWar said:

They can finish and have a competent goalkeeper, we can't and don't. Similar elsewhere. 

The same as pretty much every team we’ve played since November? 

In the first 28 minutes, Ralph’s tactics had us dominating the game and creating 3 or 4 great chances that should’ve been scored. Then some poor individual defending and goalkeeping results in two quick goals in a couple of minutes. Which part of that is Ralphs fault? 

Just now, Teddeer said:

Time to take off the red and white tinted specs and admit to our massive shortcomings. We are woeful all over the pitch.

We've dominated possession and created just as many chances as them, sorry I'm disrupting the pity party but we are one good keeper away from this being 0-0 and a good striker next to Ings away from being ahead. Over half the lads are doing ok, it's a few doing dreadful.

• Like 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to West Ham 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic