West Ham 3-0 Saints - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

4 minutes ago, danjosaint said:

So bednerek misses tackle 40 yards from goal then so slow to get back, with no rb on the field for then Mccarthy to leave a 4ft gap at nr post, but its Vestergaurds fault 

Bednarek shares much of the blame but they wouldn't have scored if Jan had not just let Rice have a clear run at goal. Shows how shit both our main centre backs are.

Well.. I'm glad it's over. We've had some poor finishes to the season before but this one feels particularly bad as its been bottom of the table form since January.

The noises coming from the club about changing things (I.e. silence) are not a good sign. Fear the worst moving forward.. 

But we will at least be in the Prem for one more year!

Well, I for one (and I'm probably the only one) am reasonably happy with the season. We didn't get relegated and that's my ambition each season before a ball is kicked. I look forward to another 10 months of Saint web bed-wetting next season. Until then .....

1 minute ago, obelisk said:

Sorry but that's nowhere near good enough. With Ralph in charge we'll likely be relegated by Christmas next season.

The thing is, there are plenty of questions about Palace and their squad/manager. Villa look hopeless without Maddison, so if he goes they could have issues. Wolves if Nuno leaves.... Brighton are nothing special, Burnley and Newcastle are equally short of investment.

Every years people say something like this. We’ll almost certainly be down there but likely in good company.

Just now, gammon cheeks said:

What actually is the answer?  More players ?  Different tactics ?  Change manager ?     We are just a team that plays nice football  but are so fookin brittle ! 

New keeper, LB, and attacking mid. Keep Ings.

Just now, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Back five as a whole is so weak. Excluding KWP, possibly Salisu as he is out of position. 

Vestergaard is a good/decent player....just needs Romeu/equivalent in front of him and someone better alongside, probably Salisu as doubt we will sell Bwdnarek and Stephens to get a new one! And then we need a LB in the style of KWP and a decent keeper

1 minute ago, SKD said:

What’s he saying? I get the impression he’s not a Ralph fan. 

Really let rip after the third went in. Clueless defending, players out of position, baffling subs. Players dont know what theyre supposed to be doing, lack of coaching.

1 minute ago, TWar said:

New keeper, LB, and attacking mid. Keep Ings.

Good job we are as good as West Ham. Second half with the game already in their pocket they played it like a training match and still managed to score another goal.

What a ghastly season, glad it is over.

Major changes and restructuring required. I hope all those bizarre selections, and changes were to emphasise how weak the squad is.

Bendarek, McCarthy, Forster, Redmond, Diallo, Minimano, Djenepo, and possibly Tella, can all have good games when others play well.

However when the pressure, is on they simply cannot up their game.

We've seen the team play well, so not all is lost, but new GK, CM and FB are required.

Oh and Ralph to have a long hard look at his tactics.

6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Ralph out... Don't care if I get called knee jerk... The guy has had way too much good will! 

We have had the same standard of players for sometime and with different managers end up near the bottom of the league

The other teams just seem to have better players I am not really surprised we are in the bottom six.

I know fans did not like Puel and wanted an attacking style but I want the team that is hard to beat we just do not have the players to be an attacking side

Just now, Pugwash said:

Really let rip after the third went in. Clueless defending, players out of position, baffling subs. Players dont know what theyre supposed to be doing, lack of coaching.

Some of us have been saying this for months, whereas others just make excuses for him. 

Just another easy win against us. 19 defeats is abysmal, more than the shite in 2005 managed. 

For me, the manager has to go but he's not alone there. The ownership is a joke, we are desperate for a takeover. We also have players that just stink up the place, players with piss poor attitudes, we lack leadership on the pitch. The club is rotten right through to the core. 

I feel numb towards this club at the moment. Honestly so glad the season is over. 

I'm not confident of us getting the scouting right in the Summer. We absolutely have to be signing players to go straight into the starting lineup, not players to increase the depth of the squad. 

• Like 4

Just now, John B said:

I know fans did not like Puel and wanted an attacking style but I want the team that is hard to beat we just do not have the players to be an attacking side

Exactly this. You start off being hard to beat, that’s a basic requirement for any club our size. We’re too easy to play against, especially with Golden Boy mincing around as our central midfielder. Softness right through the club. 

4 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Well, I for one (and I'm probably the only one) am reasonably happy with the season. We didn't get relegated and that's my ambition each season before a ball is kicked. I look forward to another 10 months of Saint web bed-wetting next season. Until then .....

Get what you mean, 1 win off 12th position. Not that bad really..............Until you weigh up our form since Xmas. WORSE than Sheffield Utd. The direction of travel is downwards. Hurtling downwards. 

5 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Are you for real. I would rather watch us in the championship and win more games than be served that up every week in the premiership. 

Depressingly predictable. Our annual beating at the Athletics track, the Premier league did us a favour voting against away fans attending these final games. 

Shouldn't be a problem social distancing at St Mary's next season, so many season ticket holders I know not bothering to renew. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Pathetic display but players ultimately are responsible. Ralph made it clear he wanted to finish as high as possible; they let him down.

Mass clear out required (I've said this for years).

😂😂😂

I’d say that is the very bare minimum requirement of a manager, I mean, I expect pellegrino would have made it clear he wants to finish as high as possible...

Just another standard 3 goal defeat to add to the collection for this season. And some more fine in game management to remind us how screwed we are going to be next season without major changes. Probably any half decent player will leave and yet again be replaced by inferior ones. Keep on repeating until relegation is certain. Our only hope is to get bought by someone this summer that gives a shit.

Very true about Puel. He knew the limitations of this team and reacted accordingly. Sadly some of our more unintelligent fans couldn't see that.

Same with Ralph I think. He knows what he's working with. Just got to hope it's a busy transfer window. I really want him to be ruthless with this squad.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Teddeer said:

Might be wrong but I thought Danny Ings had the look of a man who knows that was his last game for us as he came off.

Why on earth would anybody with Danny's ability want to be anywhere near this club, honestly?  I wouldn't blame him if he went and sat on one of the big clubs benches and just took the money.   Other than embarrassment, what can we offer him?

Yet another insipid performance to finish our season. I am not anti Ralph but he doesn't seem able to lift the players.

My biggest worry is can we hold on to our better players? Seriously, if you were Ings, Vest or JWP and a better offer came along - would you stay? It is a worry. The flip side of that is even IF we get a shedload of money who would come to us.

I am not sure we can rely on the academy as we have in previous years.  

Edited by BallBoy

11 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Mass clear out required (I've said this for years).

This is the problem with the PL nowadays, and a problem for so many clubs. Clear outs are near on impossible as ultimately no team abroad can afford the salaries of our junk.... 

Edited by nta786